My husband, 3 year old daughter and I arrived to Mahe after a delayed flight and finally got to the hotel only to find that the hotel was totally full (despite holding a fully paid confirmed reservation) and were being moved to a Spa villa. When we finally saw the villa, it was beautiful but not ideal for children. The private pool posed a danger for my little one and the location on the North side of this huge hotel quite far away from the actual beach is not what suited us.
Of course the villas are great if staying with the company of friends or for a larger family or simply for people who want that kind of privacy within four walls. We finally got our original room at 9pm at night, a Junior Suite in front of the beach and near the amenities such as the pool, main restaurants, kids club etc. which suited us very much for our short stay.
The manager could have done a lot more to make us feel comfortable such as at least provide a drink or a meal. On the contrary, we were dumped at the reception and restaurant with a small child and to add insult to injury later going to be charged for a full meal that we didnt even have!
The hotel and finishings and facilities are stunning and of very high quality, rooms are well equipped but beware the hotel is quite huge and club buggies are required to get around. In addition, the Seychelles is generally very expensive so be prepared to pay huge sums for meals and beverages of not on Full Board.
Overall a lovely hotel in a beautiful location. It is however indeed a shame that the ignorant attitude of the management put a damper on our stay. A little effort from their part would have otherwise completed our Constance Ephelia experience to full satisfaction.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island