Located an hour of so from the airport, the hotel is built on a beautiful 120 hectare (300 acre) plot of land. Owing to the size, the resort is split into North side and South side, each with its own offering of restaurants, pools, beaches etc. The design and architecture is truly breath taking, supplementing the natural beauty of the area.
Apart from the main dining hall, there are 4 other restaurants (one is currently closed for renovations). Food quality is good, but you need to book in advance. There is an impressive wine selection.
Each room has an excellent entertainment system, built on a Mac mini. The architect has done an excellent job to create visually pleasing rooms, however, in my opinion the design is not always attuned to practical living. For instance, in the senior suites, the bathroom has plenty of space, but not enough space is provided for toiletries. There is no reading light in the beautiful balcony. The villas, in particular the mountain ones, are spectacular. Each has a magnificent view, with private pool.
However, the disappointing aspect is service. The hotel employs 850 or so staff, with a third or so being imported staff. There is some staff (in particular management) providing a truly exceptional service, but unfortunately the majority seems to forget or ignore the fact that they are in the service industry. Some call it the "tropical island mentality", which is exasperated by socialist way of governing and thinking. During our stay, we had interesting and lengthy discussions with the management team. They were extremely aware of the need to improve in this area and they are implementing various schemes to motivate staff more. With focus and persistence, I am sure the management team can succeed.
Despite having so many pools, none were great for kids under the age of 4. The pool at the kids' club is designed with a relatively steep slope, which makes it difficult for young kids to run around without falling.
Apart from the shortcomings listed above, this really is a great resort with some stunning views and beaches. We had many discussions with management on our feedback and they do acknowledge the shortcomings. I very much hope these can be addressed, as this could be a truly unbeatable offering if service is improved a few notches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Destinology, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Agoda, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Travelbag, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island