Constance Ephelia
US$1,432
US$1,013
BanyanTree.com
Le Meridien Fisherman's Cove(Bel Ombre)
US$403
US$263
AVANIhotels.com
US$1,687
  • Pool
Savoy Resort & Spa(Beau Vallon)
US$376
US$276
Agoda.com
3,947 results
All reviewssouth beachjunior suiteadam evehalf boardzip linerock climbingzee bareve restaurantcyann restaurantspa villalarge resortour honeymoonfamily villamain buffetdrinks are expensiveshuttle servicedress code
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Coming from the airport, a driver was already waiting to take me to the hotel. It took less than an hour with some lovely views on the way - Seychelles is mountainous and though the roads are good, I was still thankful to have an excellent driver navigate those uphill and downhill turns.

It was around 9 a.m. when I got there and found the lobby full of other guests waiting to check-in. Tea, coffee and pastries were available while we waited. (The hotel had a lovely open lounge/lobby area and already I had great views of the ocean!) Fortunately, I didn't have to wait too long - before noon I was taken to my Junior suite by a golf cart and it was just perfect! The bed was decorated with flowers, as was the bathroom, and I had a little balcony outside with some comfy chairs. One side of the bathroom opened to a tiny private garden. Everything was provided for: thick, clean towels, bottled water, tea/coffee-making facilities, toiletries and robe. The room was cleaned every morning and everything was well-maintained, including the gardens outside.

The hotel grounds are extensive, hence the use of the golf carts. You could walk but the heat can make it unbearable. The gardens and grounds are very well-kept and everywhere was clean and orderly. Well, it is a fairly new hotel. Against a backdrop of mountains, it was scenic everywhere!

I was on half board and this is a good deal as the hotel is somewhat out of the way. Breakfast and dinner buffets were superb! Such a lot of variety! Dinner usually had a theme and there was always a great big fish they had caught for the day. In general, staff were attentive, asking what I'd like to drink, how my food was and taking empty plates away. One night though, and it wasn't even a busy night, for some reason no one came near me and I nearly had to shake the arm of a passing waiter just to order a drink! I got my drink but nobody was clearing my table after each course or asked if I wanted coffee or tea later like they normally do. It was only when I was leaving the table that a couple of staff came alive and wished me good evening and said they hoped I had enjoyed the food! I was a little put out by that time but it was the one and only negative experience I had during my stay.

The pool is nice and clean, though not very big. It was 5 minutes from my room but I spent more time at the beach. The weather was perfect during my stay - hot and sunny so this really made an ideal beach holiday for me! There are 2 beaches - the furthest one on the north is better for swimming as the other one (close to the lobby) is too shallow. You can walk for about 15 minutes to get to the north side or just wait for the golf cart - there is usually one somewhere. Lots of sunbeds available. There are locals who use the beach but they don't bother you. Beach boys come up and ask if you want to take trips to other islands for snorkeling and barbecue and other excursions. Their prices are ridiculously expensive - the hotel will offer more reasonable rates.

The hotel provides good sightseeing trips and some free activities in the morning like yoga. Staff are friendly and will answer any questions and make recommendations. You can also get the shuttle into town in the morning and it'll pick you up later in the afternoon. It's a good way to see a little bit of Mahe and the market. I enjoyed the trips to Praslin and La Digue - gorgeous islands! For those who like to buy souvenirs, I found the prices in Praslin and La Digue a little cheaper compared to Mahe - haggle!

When I first came I didn't check the items in the mini-bar (which you have to pay for if you take anything). I did this on my second night and found that there were 2 drinks missing from the list. Concerned that I would be charged for them I called up housekeeping and tried to explain. At first they thought I was complaining about their service but when they realized what I was talking about they assured me that I really wouldn't be charged anything. After 10 minutes they sent a free bottle of white wine to my room as an apology! Amazing!! How many hotels would've done that?! It was just an example of their wonderful hospitality.

My flight was in the evening and they confirmed my airport transfer at 8 p.m. On my last day I checked out at noon and was assured I could still use all the facilities. They even have a little storage room just off the reception where I could keep my luggage. I spent the day at the beach and late in the afternoon used the showers and changing rooms for guests near the reception. There was a little queue as apparently a lot of other guests with evening flights were doing that too. The hotel provides 2 computers for free which was very convenient while waiting.

All in all, I had a wonderful time here: great service, friendly staff, good food and relaxing ambiance. I would love to come again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank amaranth_12
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The place is nice, there are two beaches, which is very convenient for windy days, the rooms are large and clean.
But we had FOOD POISONING. I'm a physician so I know what I'm talking about. We had the worst night of our vacation because of the buffet. We had to cancel our flights. We gently ask to be reimbursed for ONLY one night, since my girlfriend and I spent it vomiting but they did nothing. This is inacceptable fot that level of price. The manager suddenly knew more about medicine than I and explained to me that vomiting after a dinner and felling better the next morning could be anything and I had no proof, talke about test!!!. VERY DISSAPOINTED.
DON'T GO THERE, TO MANY NICER PLACES AROUND

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank Edward P
EpheliaResort, Manager at Constance Ephelia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2013

Dear Sir and Madam,

Greetings from Constance Ephelia Seychelles!

We acknowledge receipt of your message below and would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your valuable feedback. Although we are glad to learn that you found our place nice and happy with the quality and size of our rooms in general, we are very sorry to learn about your disappointment concerning the alleged food poisoning encountered during your stay in our resort.

We would like to emphasize the fact that we have a resort doctor who remains on-call 24 hours a day to offer medical assistance, if needed by our guests. In this unfortunate situation, our resort doctor was only consulted in the morning so in effect the treatment was not done during the night that you asserted to be sick.

We can assure you that your comments were taken very seriously and a full and thorough investigation was carried out by our team to trace the source of any possible food poisoning in our Corossol Restaurant. We are satisfied that on this occasion we have met all the required stringent regulations and health standards to ensure we maintain the highest levels of hygiene within our resort as part of the HACCP certification we received in December 2012, and as such there's no trace of food poisoning was found. We can only apologize that the illness you and your wife had experienced, did not able to enjoy the last night of your holiday. On the same note, we are pleased to inform you that on the same evening, we have not received any concerns or sign of sickness from other guests who dined in our Corossol Restaurant.

We do not question the fact that you and your wife have been sick; however a claim of "food poisoning" cannot be affirmative without having done food or body fluid testing by relevant and certified parties.

Following your meeting with our resort doctor prior your departure to Praslin, we were glad to learn that you and your wife were feeling much better.

We remain at your disposal, should you need any further assistance.

Thanks & regards,

The Management

Reviewed 2 March 2013

We stayed 2 weeks in February 2013 in this marvellous hotel together with our adult children. The location of the hotel is excellent, it lays on an enormous territory, in a gorgeous park, the plants are carefully taken after, the whole garden is extraordinary. The buildings are secluded enough, that you feel almost alone on the shore. An electric shuttle bus service delivers guests from one place to the other, because the whole site is so huge.
Rooms are nicely furnished, cleaned thoroughlly, really very tidy.
We paid halfboard, which proved to be a good idea, because the food - both breakfast and dinner- was outstandingly suppper! We counted, at dinner 12 types of hot dishes had been served, and there had been a lot cold salads, deserts e.t.c For breakfast each day 3 types of fresh squeezed juices were offered (orange, pineapple, banana, cranberry, mango). You can not name a breakfast dish which was not offered. It was really amasing!
The staff was friendly and helpful, although we felt that some of them were shy to talk to us. (for example in the shops. Don't ask why!)
The pool site and the ocean shore was steadily cleaned, the staff was extremly helpful. Esspecially Terence, who knew everything about the island, we learned a lot from him. He even lent us two caps, so that we would be able to take part in the Seychelles marathon. We felt as he had been an old friend of ours.
The only bad experience was at arrival, when we were told that our room was not ready. We arrived at 9 in the morning, and every hour a new schedule was said, Leonardo, the guest service man was totally unconcerned about our problem. At last we asked for the manager, and could get our room at 13 (Just imagine, in long trousers, waiting for 4 hours at 35°C!)
As a compensation we were granted a bottle of champagne.
Apart from that the whole holiday was a dream, a fairy tale.
We definitely suggest to choose this hotel if you want to visit Seychelles.

Room Tip: All the rooms are with seaview, I think you can not choose false.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank judit d
Reviewed 25 February 2013

We were married here in August. Simply stunning. Everybody made us feel like royalty. The food was just gorgeous, such a variety. Precilla was just the best wedding coordinator ever - thank you Ephelia, we will be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stephanie035
Reviewed 25 February 2013

All high points . Staff , service , ambiance , location ( the south and the north beaches ) and the daily activities (snorkeling , kayaking , sailing , outdoor sports , etc) - all complimentary . The breakfast spread is quite huge - even for a veggie like me . We took the half board option which turned out to be a wise decision since the dinner al la carte was quite expensive. We drove all around Mahe island on one day and took the La Digue - Praslin tour on another . Rest of our on week holiday we spend in the resort - and yet we didnt run out of options to explore more . Zip line arranged my SMAC adventures was a must do.
The Spa gets a special mention - and is a not to be missed thing . Go there just to experience the facility even if you dont want to get a massage.
A special thanks to the all day cable car drivers for being available to drop and pick when ever needed.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple