Stayed 5 nights at Ephelia in March 2014.
1- resort grounds are beautiful
2- huge property which keeps you interested in exploring.
3- good quality and variety of food
4- excellent welcome and check in process
5- all sorts of activities you might want. The zip lines are not to be missed.
6- excellent spa. Among the best I have been to.
7- near scuba diving sites in the marine reserve
8- lovely bicycles to get around the resort (you have to rent them if staying at a junior suite"
9- great follow up from guest services. Whenever you call requesting anything (e.g. Maintanance, housekeeping, laundry) they call in 5 minutes to verify that you got what you asked for.
9-waiters around the beach, pool and restaurants are very helpful.
1- aircondition in junior suite is a myth. The climate control units are water chiller basd (old technology) and not gas compressor units and therefore the temperature only drops to 24.8-25 celsius in the room. Called for maintanance to take a look at the AC and they cleaned the filter but only marginal improvement in the cooling. Next day called maintanance again to check it and that's when they told me that is the best I will get because these are chiller type units and 24.8 is the coldest temperature they can ever reach in the room.
This is 2014 and this is a luxury 5 star property in an exclusive destination which happens to be hot and tropical. Management should immediately look into this and work on changing the ACs in the junior suites to more modern units as I did not have good sleep not even for a single night.
2- the junior suite is just a room and not a junior suite. It contains a bedroom with a lounging chair and a desk which opens onto a lovely bathroom. Hence it should be called a room and not a suite for lack of an indoor living room.
3- the room decor and furnishing is lacking luxury. The bathroom is much more luxurious than the room.
4- bed mattress is average at best.
5- bathroom doesn't have a bidet.
6- structure of halfboard is wrong. The halfboard option is designed to give you breakfast and dinner. Dinner options are many and some of them will include a supplement charge. We tried two of those, pasta night at Helios and Seafood night at Helios. Honestly, we didn't feel that the type of produce or meats used warranted a supplement at all. We felt that the supplement was put in to gather more cash from guests because these would be popular dining options. Pasta is among the cheapest ingredients on earth.
Drinks, even water is not included in dinner which can upset customers. I suggest that management increase the price for halfboard by 10 euros and include some drinks in the package as this will look more elegeant to guests.
7- we did not get calls or letters from management during our stay to check how things were going until 12 hours before our check out.
8- the complimentary water provided in the rooms are provided in glass bottles that have the following statement "epheliag resort endavours to be eco-friendly and strives to protect the rich marine life of The Seychelles. The water in this bottle has been through the unique Classic Crystal purification system. This bottle is re-usable, saving Ephelia Resort from disposing of about 238,000 plastic bottles each year."
It did not taste good. I did not travel thousands of miles and pay thousands of dollars to drink treated waste water. I bought bottled water instead.
9- Ants. No matter how much you ensure your doors and windows remain closed ants will crall up on your furniture, cases and minibar.
In summary, this is a nice property with many things going right, but a few serious oversights could be fixed to make this a great resort. Do I recommend it? Only if airconditioning is of secondary importance to you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Southall Travel, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island