What a brilliant hotel! We travelled here to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary, upon arrival it was pouring with rain - not quite what we were expecting! However once we arrived at the hotel - 40 mins drive from the airport, it soon cleared up and the welcome we received from Racquel was brilliant, we had arrived at 9am, so we're not expecting to be able to get into our room until later in the day but as soon as the check in formalities were complete she was able to take us to our room in 400 block. This was close to the reception area on the South side and was nice and quiet. The roo is dry high tech very comfortable and exceptionally clean. I had requested an upstairs room which we were provided with.
The hotel is spread over a huge area, and we got lost a few times before getting our bearings, the hotel has been very cleverly laid out the the rooms are set in smaller clusters around a pool, and a restaurant.
The resort is spread over two main areas the South Beach where the suites are located, and the North Beach, where the family suites and private villas are located. The South beach is tranquil and quiet, whereas the North side is busier with water sports.
We were booked on a half board basis, which i would recommend, as the cost of food and drink is very expensive. We used to go outside the resort on the North side to a small shop to get some nibbles and beers etc to have on our balcony prior to our evening meal.
The restaurants are all good we ate at the Corosol, Helios, Sesewala and Adam & Eve, all very good.
It is quite a walk from one end of the resort to the other, so grab a golf buggy, they run frequently, and everyone is really happy and willing to help in any way. Special mention to Hilda a buggy driver who was fantastic, a great asset to the hotel.
We were also invited to the managers cocktail party one evening, this was brilliant, and we met some of the management team. Seema was very nice and welcoming, it was a pleasure to meet her and that she had time for a chat with us. Thank you.
We hired a local driver via the hotel to take us around the island for a morning, this was well worthwhile and we were able to get a flavour of the beautiful island. Well worthwhile.
All in all a fantastic choice to celebrate our anniversary, all the staff were great, hotel great , Seychelles great. We hope to be able to return one day.,
If you get the chance go to the Seychelles, it is everything you think it will be and more!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island