This is a truly stunning hotel and resort. Situated on a peninsula on Mahe's Eastern coast it has two lovely beaches; a quieter South Beach and a livelier North Beach, both of which feature the soft white sand and clear blue waters for which the Seychelles are famed. We stayed here for 10 nights.
Outside of the gorgeous location and well-appointed buildings, which are almost a given at this level, the main feature here has to be the staff. They were truly exceptional and really made our stay truly memorable. So many members of the staff took the trouble to learn our names and were so friendly and welcoming that we were really bowled over by the whole experience. We were impressed from the first moments of arriving when we were introduced to our personal receptionist who explained the resort, showed us our room and was on hand to answer queries, source a DVD player and gave recommendations throughout our stay. The restaurant staff got to know us and made sure we got a table in our favourite spot overlooking the water, dispensed medical aid, made our coffee just how we like them and even gave us a personal wine-tasting session to find wines to go with our meal!
The site is large and I have read reviewers that were unhappy with the distance between the North and South sites. Our experience however was really good, the golf cart shuttles are frequent but you can walk from the North beach to the South in about 10 - 15 minutes; its pretty level and an undemanding walk and the golf carts will usually ask if you want a lift if they are passing. On the one occasion that we needed to get to the North quickly for a diving lesson the receptionist in the South took us up especially. Now, you can't fault that.
The main Corossol Restaurant offers a great selection of really high quality food. There are different theme nights and there really is something for everyone. If you fancy a change then there are several other restaurants. We tried Adam & Eve, which served excellent oriental cuisine and Sesselwa, which offered a great french-inspired menu.
The accommodation is spacious and luxuriously appointed, lots of wood, marble and high quality fittings. We stayed in a junior suite in the South. The apartments are arranged in groups of approximately 6 or 8 suites in a 'block' and these are clustered around their own pool with bar with plenty of sun loungers, umbrellas, etc and so it felt as if there were enough people around but no too busy.
My wife and I actually learnt to dive whilst at Constance Ephelia and even got our PADI Open Water qualification whilst there. The Dive centre team were really friendly, professional and welcoming whilst at the same time calm and reassuring teachers. There are plenty of dive sites around the resort and we even got out to see one of the wrecks, saw turtles and really enjoyed the clear warm seas. We will be back.
Make sure you partake in Vivian's coconut experience and mangrove kyak tour and look out for the crabs scuttling about.
The only negative we found was the price of the extras. We were on half board and, as full board doesn't include drinks, it probably isn't worth upgrading. We found that a burger or club sandwich (at around £15 a pop) were big enough for two to share and this would offset the cost of a beer (£6 for a 330ml can) and would keep us going well enough until tea. There was always complementary water refreshed in the suite each day, so you didn't feel forced into buying drinks and I guess the price reflects the fact that just about everything is imported.
Anyway, aside from the extras, this was a truly fabulous location and resort, I would not hesitate to recommend it and will be counting the days until we can return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Spacious contemporary accommodations surrounded by lush landscape and scintillating lagoons, a beautiful spa village to revive your senses; choose from one of our 42 Tropical Garden View Rooms, 184 Junior Suites, 40 Senior Suites, 17 Family Villas, 16 Beach Villas, 8 Hillside Villas, 5 Spa Villas or our unique Presidential Villa. Choose an accommodation that suits your needs, whether it’s one of the magnificent Junior Suite or the unique Presidential Villa. Feast on delicious dishes and cocktails while marvelling at the deep blue of the Indian Ocean with a private dinner on the beach or in one of our restaurants. For a truly pampering moment, choose from a canopy of treatments from U Spa by Constance while your kids are having their share of adventures and fun at the Constance Kids Club.Situated on two of the most beautiful beaches on the island of Mahe, overlooking the marine national park of Port Launay, Constance Ephelia enjoys a unique location set within 120 hectares of land with luxuriant and rare vegetation. All suites and villas are spaciously designed and stylishly decorated with breathtaking views on either the luxuriant garden or partial view of the Indian ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Constance Ephelia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Constance Ephelia Hotel Mahe Island
- Constance Ephelia Seychelles/Mahe Island