“The worst place , rude owner and his wife , unfriendly staff”

Anse Soleil Restaurant
Ranked #83 of 99 Restaurants in Mahe Island
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Mahe Island, Seychelles
“The worst place , rude owner and his wife , unfriendly staff”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Staying in mahe only for 3 months, I already have complete picture about people and service here. But the worst experience happened to me in anse soleil restaurand .Me with group of friends were planning to have lunch there . Once we parked the car , old lady came out from the restaurant and said " hey , you can not park here, your car is too big , go and park there"pointing with her dirty nails fingers.Hmmmm, ok. My friend followed her rude advice. Than I was staying alone waiting for her with 2 kids. An old man came and started to shout, why she parked there its only for customers he said.i answered in a very polite way,that exactly we are the customers. He said, pointing on me : " you?? You are not allowed to be here and you are not sechellous, what are you doing here in seychelles, you are not allowed to be here .I said that I dont want to talk to him and dont point on me. My friend said it was the owner and of course we didnt go in. Just spent 5 000 scr in other place. By the way , place looks dirty and I doubt about its hygiene seeing owners wife dirty nails( she was cooking).my friends said the place is nice only for the view, nothing to do with food and service . I wouldnt recommend it to anyone, unless you want to spoil your mood by the racist rude owner and his wife..

Visited March 2014
6 Thank Strek0za

Johannesburg, South Africa
“the Nemesis of the Seychelles”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Having spent 3 years in the Seychelles, I believe I have a certain opinion of the place. The nemesis of the beauty of the Seychelles is its people! Generally extremely rude and unhelpful, very expensive. It is perhaps the most unpleasant island I have ever visited. Having said that, let talk about Julien. I went to Anse Soleil in 1999 for the first time when it basically opened. Lets forget the possible rudeness, the spot is magic. If you count your pennies, stay home, the Seychelles is not for you. The food, probably the best in the all of Seychelles, not difficult I would add, as the food is generally bad. Julien grills a magnificent Bourgeois. His cary zourite is superb, and his palm heart salad, just the very best. Julien does not care, he knows, he has the best winning solution on Mahe. So forget your home standards, just enjoy and pay!

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank VivaKermit1
Chandigarh, India
“Average”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

After reading all the reviews i decided to go just to verify the facts regarding the owner. Unfortunately he wasn't around when we went. Its located right on the beach but I found it expensive. We just had a drink and left.

1 Thank gavaksh
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Ridiculously rude”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

A friend warned me not to go there but I thought how bad can it be. Having travelled all over the world I can safely say that the person I dealt with there is the rudest restaurant worker I have ever experienced.

Visited January 2014
4 Thank Mike S
Vienna, Virginia
“Not sure if this is the same restaurant other people have reviewed”
Reviewed 13 January 2014

First, the restaurant we went to was the Anse Soleil Cafe, vice Restaurant. It is the small, open-air cafe with the sand floor. Our driver recommended it, and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The service was good (by Seychelles standards), the seafood was very good, the prices were reasonable (by Seychelles standards), and the location and view were excellent. How many places can you run down to the beach and run your toes through the water while waiting for your food? We didn't see any sign of a psycho owner, just friendly staff.

• Visited January 2014