“Nice hotel and friendly owners”

and 1 more site!
Albizia Lodge Reef Estate
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice hotel and friendly owners”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I just came back from my holiday in SEZ I spent 4 days in albizia reef and I liked the location near to everything I really had a pleasant stay specially cause the owners were very nice they answered all my questions they cooked for me and they dropped me many times in the capital and last day I had to check out early even though my flight was at night they allowed me to stay in the hotel till my flight departure and they dropped me as well to the airport...if you really want to enjoy your vacation choose albizia reef and you wont regret it!!

• Stayed March 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

perfect place for backpackers! cheep but nice, very friendly staff! really nice breakfast&dinner! ask them for a pick up between the airport and the lodge! ❤ You could rent a car from the family or I highly recommend the public transport: easy/cheep&safe!

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Esther B
Cegled, Hungary
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The hotel is good, the staffs are very frendly, the room are clean, the view is nice, there is free wi-fi connection.
But...
Walk very far from each. You have to rent a car, or use the local buses(!).
No "wow" beach nearby.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Zsolt F
Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed there our last night in the Seychelles. The place is a little hard to find, thankfully the owner led us with her car. The place is very nice, with a garden with a river. It has a great terrace for a drink, which also is used for breakfast and dinner.
The owner is really nice, she even got up at 5 in the morning to prepare breakfast because we had an early flight. An exceptional detail!
The room is spacious and very clean, with a small fridge.
The rest of our stay in Seychelles we stayed in hotels, but was really nice to know this type of accommodation, much cheaper. I think that we'd repeat at Albizia Lodge if we'll back to Mahe.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2013

I stayed Albizia Lodge Reef estate for two nights before beginning the rest of my trip. The owners are very helpful, willing to give advice and even drive you to your next destination on the island. The free wifi was a great bonus.

The room was clean with a wonderful view although the bed was a little hard and the shower too low for me.

I found that the included breakfast was very good for a free continental breakfast. Tropical fruits and wonderful tea with a great fruity jam. They also made a delicious omelette. The verandah is also a great place to begin your day.

The location is not ideal for walking but busses are close and if you rent a car there is no problem. Also as I mentioned earlier, the owners are happy to drive you to any destination.

Overall very pleased for what I paid!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank JBransgrove
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The main problem is to find this Albizia Lodge if it's your first time. There are two hotels called "Albizia Lodge" nearby, and the most of locals are aware of only "Albizia Lodge Green Estate", which is another one. To reach "Albizia Lodge Reef Estate", you need to turn right just before the golf field, go uphill and turn right again when you see a set of trash cans (where you can spot an A4 paper sign "Albizia Lodge" on a tree's stem, pointing to... the left!) . Albizia Lodge Reef Estate gates will appear shortly at your right hand side.

It is situated on the hill among the local houses and too far from shops, cafe/restaurants, appropriate beaches, and this is the second problem. Basically, if you don't rent a car, you will spend a lot of time reaching the facilities mentioned above, and you won't find a beach for swimming in walking distance at all, but there are a lot of buses go through Anse aux Pins bus terminal (you wouldn't miss it when heading from the airport) so you can take any of them going from Victoria, come out at every next bus stop and test the water, if you don't rent a car.

About the hotel, it was a warm and nice reception, the owners try to help you in everything, including maps, buses time tables, transfers, etc. Although our room was slightly narrow, so was the bathroom too, and a tap wobbled on its tube there. It didn't cause problems though, just a little inconvenience. No TV set (just the one in the common hall) and no safe deposit in the room. Everything else in the room, including room service, was unquestionable good.

The best thing in this hotel is its homemade dinners. I didn't find such such deliciously cooked fish even at the best Seychellois restaurants!

But breakfasts were so-so. The more we had stayed, the worse they appeared. Tiny portion of fresh fruits, toasts with jam or butter, eggs and tea/coffee, that had too much of water.

But, in overall, it was the cheapest guesthouse available, and you hardly could demand much from it, so I received what I expected and even more, mentioning the dinners!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank MaksimR406
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

We have just returned from a 10 days holidays in the Seychelles, where we stayed at the Albizia Lodge Reef Estate. It one of the most beautiful guest house we have stayed in. The Manager was welcoming and very helpful during our stay. It is a small family run business and everybody goes the extra mile to make guests feel welcome . They were always accessible and provides help and support beyond anyone's expectations. The situation of the guest house is stunning with beautiful gardens. The room was of a decent size and provided a homely and peaceful atmosphere. The place was well maintained and clean. You could relax in the lounge after a long day out and the manager was always there to give us information about the island and places to visit. They were fluent in English and French. It also provided a safe environment for the children. Food was available upon request and we were provided with delicious local dishes. Fresh fruits from the garden was available for breakfast. Overall we had a wonderful experience and would recommend this place to anybody.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family