“Stop off before Island hop”
Review of Crown Beach Hotel

Crown Beach Hotel
Ranked #4 of 49 Mahe Island B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Stop off before Island hop”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Thank you very much to all the delightful staff at this superb small hotel with special thanks to Valerie the assistant residence manager who even took me on a shopping trip!
The hotel and grounds were spotless, the food was excellent, the rooms were very quiet and nothing was too much trouble.
We used this as a stop off for 3 days before travelling on and it was simply perfect.
David & Gilly.

Room Tip: overlooking the sea.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gilly B
Dear Guests

We thank you though a little late for your nice remarks on our establishment . It was much of our pleasure to welcome you here, before your island hoping itinerary ... We hope to see you all again ,on one of those good new fly fishing seasons .
Best Regards from the entire team and myself .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Quiet and small Hotel with all comfort that you would find in 5 stars hotels.
Rooms are spacious and quiet.
The view is stunning. the beach feel private, especially in the low season.
The people are friendly.
I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Room on the East Side, Sea facing.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guests,

We thank youffor your kind remarks and hope to be able to welcome you again in our small and friendly establishment .

Our very best regards

Crown Beach Team
Stewarton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed here for just over 2 weeks while on business in the Seychelles. The hotel is nice and small and therefore has an excellent family feel. The people are very friendly and made me feel right at home while being so far from home!
The room was luxurious and well equipped with what you would expect from any top hotel, air conditioning, quiet ceiling fan, mini bar, tea/coffee and superb bathroom facilities.
The restaurant was great with a nice selection and the best scrambled eggs for breakfast I've had in a long time!
I really hope I have the chance to go back there sometime soon!

Room Tip: Second floor sea view rooms are just amazing!
Dear Stuart

The entire team and myself thank you for your kind remarks and we hope to welcome you again in the near future .
Our very best sunny regards .
Marbella, Spain
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Small hotel with all the comfort and equipment that you would find in a big luxury hotel, plus the calm. Rooms are big, new, and well equipped with big balconies; the view is breathless. Nice terrace with a pool, the beach next to it. Kayaks, pedalo, snorkeling equipments and high speed internet using are for free. The hotel owns a boat for rent, we went fishing off the coast one day and snorkeling another day in a marine park.
The food is a la carte, the chef is good, the grilled fish they serve is a whole fresh fish!
The staff is adorable and very helpful in any occasion.
It was our fourth time in Seychelles in different hotels, best stay ever.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Sylvain B
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2014

What a fantastic hotel! Great ambience and great staff who continually strive to offer a top-tier service that goes above and beyond the norm!

The rooms are spacious and very clean, with good air conditioning. There’s also the addition of a quiet running ceiling fan above the bed for extra comfort if required. Good Internet connection too.

The hotel is ideally situated. The staff are very knowledgeable, and very keen to advise you on local attractions and alternative restaurants should you choose to dine out, though the dining experience in the hotel is very good (brilliant bananas in pancakes at breakfast :o)

This is a great place to either “chill out” while hanging around the hotel utilizing the pool and beach facilities, or a great place to come back to after your days adventure around the Island.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a choice for your stay, and I cant wait to return.

Room Tip: The sea view is obviously a popular choice, but I chose not have this, as I like my balcony in the s...
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I am writing this review because I was upset over the service of the Crown Beach Hotel.
Always we feel all is well when end is well, but this was not the case with me.

After staying a wonderful six nights at the Constance Ephelia Resort, I choose this Hotel
as it was near to airport and looks excellent from out side. When enquirer about the rate
and facility the staff behavior was excellent and finally I decided to check
into this hotel for 2 nights February 5&6 2014.
As I have an early morning flight 5:30 which I can catch easily from this hotel. Hotel is
Good, rooms are spacious, a small pool, I booked half board, and they don't have buffet
you have to select fm the menu only. Everything was going well till I intimate
hotel staff about my check out.

The first surprise come to me the "Bill" the rate told me was different than the rate they
charged to me. They have added 96 EURO extra in the bill as Tax, where as in
the rate the staff gave me and voucher with me there was no any details about the extra taxes
(They suppose to mention taxes extra). I am with my family in an unknown land my flight
schedule early morning, and that time It was around 11pm, I asked the staff this is my last 6hrs
here supposed I don't have all the money you are charging as the rate mentioned to me
is different, the staff replied that is you problem, not my problem. I asked if you can do
anything then who will solve this problem?. Staff said duty in charge, when I asked I need
to meet your duty in charge now, staff said he is not available now and you can meet
only in day shift. How that was possible my flight was early morning.

Second surprise comes for me when next day morning a I was vacating the room.
They have given a room in 2nd floor the hotel does not have an elevator, I agree to stay
in this room because the hotel staff carried my luggage to the room, when I was
about to check out hotel staff at the reception told me that; you have to carry your
luggage yourself. This kind of service is not at all expected from a hotel industry.

I will not recommend this hotel to any one because we go to hotel for quality and
service which this hotel doesn't have, They have to be more transparent
in their business (especially billing and service). The hotel rates are very high
compare to its standard.

Definitely will not go back again to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank khrawahi
Kettering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

I just stayed 6 nights at this hotel, and wish that I could stay for another 6.

The hotel is in a great location, right on the beach.

Rooms are clean, comfortable and well equipped. Food in the hotel restaurant is excellent. The staff are superb - everyone is professional, friendly and really go out of their way to make sure that everything is good.

The pool is a little small - but then the glorious beach and the Indian Ocean are only a few metres away, so who needs a swimming pool anyway!