Very comfortable place to stay for a family (2+2) - plenty of space. We stayed in villa no. 9 (2 bedrooms and sitting/dining room plus kitchen.) If you are looking for a reasonable priced place which is comfortable, quiet, and clean we recommend this place. Best to ask for room 9, 8 or 7 coz they are separate villas.
When staying here it's best to rent a car: either arrange with La Residence that you wish to have a car meet you at the airport on arrival or you can pick up the car at La Residence itself. Rates in July 2009 was 50 Euros for a small 4-door car OK for 4. Advisable to bring motion sickness pills if you tend to suffer from car sickness - roads on the islands are very windy (lots of twists and turns) so be prepared.
We also met the land-lady - very pleasant and she can tell you many things about where to go, eat, etc. plus her assistant was equally pleasant too.
Mahe is not great for snorkeling, so if you plan to snorkel just don't expect too much. Other islands and/or boat dives are better so we were told, but we never had the time to try.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the magnificent bay of Anse la Mouche is La Residence with nearby attractions such as snorkeling, diving, deep sea and fly fishing. Each villas has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, fully equipped kitchenettes, and terraces with views of the bay. All bedrooms have overhead fans and some have air conditioning. Daily cleaning services and house linens provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your La Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Residence Hotel Mahe Island
- La Residence Seychelles/Mahe Island