See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 November 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for a very quick business trip. I chose the hotel because it was close to the Victoria downtown, where my meetings were based.
SERVICE: I don't think I've every stayed anywhere where I've had worse service. The staff were completely disinterested, and bordering on passive aggressive when you asked for anything.
I arrived at 10am in the morning after overnighting from Perth (had been in transit for about 18 hours) and had meetings starting at midday. I had specifically requested that I would pay for an early check in so I could get changed for my meetings. When I arrived, there were no rooms available.
ROOMS: The rooms themselves were nice - cool tiled floors and colonial style furniture. I had a room overlooking the water which was very picturesque.

MAINTENANCE: The Seychelles, for those who haven't been there, is prone to afternoon / early evening storms. That first evening, I had gone for a quick 'powernap' before dinner and woke thinking that I had heard water dripping in the room. I thought was dreaming and went back to napping. When I woke up, there was a massive hole in the corner of the ceiling, and water was not dripping - it was pouring in. Put it this way, it filled a couple of buckets. I told reception, and they said they'd send someone up to clean, but I was not offered another room. Needless to say I didn't use any of the power sockets on that side of the room, just in case!

FOOD: The food was ok, but very overpriced. The coffee was instant, although the menu said otherwise (I saw one of the waitresses heaping teaspoons of cheap instant into the little stainless steel coffee pots and mixing with boiled water).

OVERALL: This could be a great hotel - it is a good location, being in between the airport and the capital city. However, it is significantly overpriced, and really, has very few redeeming features other than its location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank BimDandthree
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for a business trip due to location near the airport and Eden Island. We spent most of our time on Eden Island, but every minute in this hotel was below average. Staff was unhelpful and indifferent. Breakfast buffet was not good, but expensive. Location does not have a beach, and it's probably unsafe to walk around at night. Of course that wasn't a problem since there was nothing interesting within walking distance. The rooms and building were ok. This is the only reason this doesn't get a worse review.

There are many better options unless you have to stay close to the airport.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Globemaster
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is perfectly positioned, close to the airport, so it was useful for one night before an early morning flight. That's about as good as it gets.

The staff were terrible, disinterested and unhelpful. The rooms were ok but leaking air conditioning and torn pillowcases - for over 460 Euro per night!!!
Find a better alternative.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank NB2_13
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Located just a stone's throw from the airport, The Wharf is the ideal stopover point for those who have - usually - endured a long flight, and who are going off to one of the outer islands the following day.

Rooms large, clean, and comfortable. Very stylish. Bathroom excellent (a good barometer of any island hotel !)

We arrived late and were going to Denis Island the next morning, so the location was perfect. It's that or a fairly long and sometimes hair raising drive to one of the more ;beachy' hotels.

Million dollar yachts and motor cruisers use the wharf in front of the hotel, but there is no beach. It would be difficult to suggest this property as suitable for a long stay.

Breakfast was somewhat disastrous in view of a large function the night before, but the hotel had the foresight to warn guests when they checked in.

Lovely pool, and a magnificent view in the evening of Eden Island across the water.

Highly recommended for the 'short stop' visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Clifford F
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel location and rooms are beautiful looking but the staff and the service they provide are the worse I've ever experienced.

We had two rooms at the hotel and both had issues with them. One of the rooms the door wouldn't open properly and their was no kettle. The second rooms had no phone and in both the rooms the air conditioning units leaked a lot.

We complained to the staff a number of times about the problems and advised that they would be sorted but they never did. We ordered food and only two out of three meals turned up. We complained and they brought it out 15 minutes later and by then the other two meals were finished.

We received a letter under our doors advising us of a party that would be happening two hours later. We found out that they knew about this party before we made our booking and they also didn't advise us on our registration that day. We left the hotel that day due to our frustration with everything.

These all may seem quite minor but they are basic things that this hotel can't seem to get right. I have stayed in many hotels in the Seychelles and all bar this one have been paradise.

If you want your holiday ruined then this hotel for you. Strongly advise you don't stay here.

Stayed: November 2013