“A place for rejuvenation”

and 1 more site!
The Station Seychelles
Ranked #23 of 36 Hotels in Mahe Island
“A place for rejuvenation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I travelled to Seychelles by myself and did the week long virtues retreat that the Station offers. It was low season when I went and most of the hotels I stayed in were nearly empty, but staying at the station with no one else was a very unique, special experience. All of the staff are exceptionally friendly and amazing people. The pool is the perfect temperature and the rooms have very interesting layouts. I stayed in the room humility which was perfect for me. The retreat helped me find myself and determine what I wanted in the future. I pretty much slept all day because it is just so relaxing and you're in paradise. If you need a space to think and relax, the station is the place to do it.

• Stayed June 2014
Jenny_and_Peter_SC, Owner at The Station Seychelles, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Thank you for your positive review and for taking the time to share a tiny glimpse of your adventure here at The Station. We are so pleased you enjoyed this healing space alone and are gratified by your appreciation of our little hotel, our Virtues programme and the staff who do their very best to create an environment for all our guests to truly feel welcome and at home. That The Station opened the door for you to go 'out on a limb' and to explore yourself in a safe, nurturing environment while still enjoying our beautiful islands is evident from what you gained as a result of staying with us. Humility seems to be the room at The Station which provides sanctuary to those wanting to find their voice in the world and we are truly blessed to know that you felt it was the right choice of room for you! We trust that you will continue to draw from the experience in the years to come and hope to see you again. Until then, take care, reach for your dreams, live your life with purpose and know that we are here should you need us along the way! Warm regards, Jenny & Peter.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Victoria, Seychelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

A weekend at the Station, particularly with the retreat is a weekend for 'self'. The Station itself has a classically and welcoming feel to it. As you enter the doors, life's woes fall effortlessly to the floor as you take in the views and the decor, comfortable but laid back. It is a getaway like no other and has a instant comforting, soothing feel about it. With a turbulent mind I arrived at the Station for my weekend visit and through relaxing and soothing activities, one feels the pressures of life drifting away, the mind clears and opens and you are able to hear your inner voice. This is a weekend for anyone who need a true break. As I entered I graciously accepted that I'd gotten the green card to be selfish and to spend the weekend thinking about 'self' and not families, partners and businesses left behind. The rooms are simple but gorgeously comfortable. The activities one can participate in are peaceful and enjoyable and time disappears as you immerse yourself to the tasks at hand. When night falls it is a peaceful tiredness and you enjoy a sweet deep sleep. All in all it was just what I needed! will definitely do it again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
It is rewarding to know that our efforts to create a peaceful retreat from life's daily challenges is appreciated. We so enjoy nurturing our guests and take great pleasure in watching them shift gears. Whether on a retreat or simply on holiday, The Station seems to have this affect on visitors. Thank you for this welcome review and for sharing your experience which is clearly exactly what you needed. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are ready to immerse yourself in the tranquility and simplicity of The Station now that you know we are here waiting to enable you to regenerate your energy. Until then do remember to take time for yourself to reflect on the Virtues and to include them in your daily activities when you can. With fond regards, Jenny & Peter.
Victoria, Seychelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

The best way I can describe my weekend retreat at The Station is ‘a perfect weekend get-away from the madness of life’. But to me, it was no no ordinary island style resort get-away. I was searching for a moment of inner peace, for answers (even to questions I wasn’t sure I was asking myself), for faith in myself – all in all, to reconnect with myself. The weekend started this process for me.
The atmosphere was of total relaxation. The entire setting of the place seems to have been designed to bring the admirer back to earth. Earthy, clean tones and the evident abundant use of local materials all around the place made me just want to walk barefoot in a sarong all day. I felt like I was home. I think that’s exactly what the owners, Jenny and Peter, wanted me to feel.
Th atmosphere might have been relaxing, but the workshop designed to open my eyes to myself and to truth had other plans! Not that I begrudge it. I am grateful for what I learned. It has, for certain, made me think of myself and the world slightly differently. Dramatic for a short weekend perhaps, but oh so true.
A food lover, I cannot conlcude without mentioning the mouth watering dishes which made my tastebuds dance at each meal. Each and every single meal. Hats off to the chefs!
I loved every minute of it.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
How lovely to know that the retreat had this effect on you. We loved watching you wind down, knowing that every minute that passed took you further away from your hectic schedule towards a quieter, more reflective you. You so deserved it. Thank you for your insightful comments and for your willingness to go with the flow. It is our wish that our guests feel totally at home at The Station and we do whatever we can to ensure that this happens, without it being obvious. Please remember to wear sarongs and to kick off your shoes more regularly! We do hope that you will continue to draw from the simple lessons shared on the retreat and that you come back for more when you need it or want to reward yourself with a little nurturing and pampering. With kind regards, Jenny & Peter
Mahe Island, Seychelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hotel chains such as Hilton, Kempinski, Four Seasons etc, might be luxurious but, frankly, you could be anywhere. If you want to stay somewhere a little (well a lot) different then The Station should be your choice.
Although it is set in the hills, and therefore not by the beach or in the town, this should not deter anyone from staying there. It is an oasis of peace and calm.
With only 8 or 9 rooms and a no children (I think) policy your relaxation is guaranteed.
Most rooms of the beautifully decorated rooms lead out to the small swimming pool. There is also a yoga studio for early morning yoga. An added attraction is an on site homeopath should you require a consultation.
All the food is carefully sourced (many of the items are grown in The Station's own garden) and meals are healthy and nutritious.
This is truly a place where you can wind down or replenish your energy.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Our pleasure comes from hosting considerate individuals who find our little hotel to be a sanctuary of peace and calm and who are touched by the uniqueness of The Station. Your lovely review serves to illustrate that we are slightly different from the mainstream hotels in Seychelles (or elsewhere). At The Station our intention is to imbue those who visit us with a sense of 'sans souci' (no worries) while being attentive to comfort and privacy and creating a space to enhance one wellbeing. We are therefore happy to know that this was evident to you and thank you very much for your positive review. We are thrilled to hear that you have booked your places on the 2.5 day Vibrant Wellbeing Retreat and look forward to having you as our guests again. Our very best regards, Jenny & Peter.
Mahe Island, Seychelles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

The Station is probably one of the most special place to stay in Seychelles! The view, the food quality, the service attention and Peter & Jenny make it the perfect getaway oasis. The pool & the yoga pavillion are so charming, the moment you will pass the station door you will feel right at home!
My room had an amazing view, especially in the morning to see the sun rises, and I never slept so well in such a comfortable bed. Small details to discover make it such a special stay!
I attended the 2.5 days retreat which has been an unforgettable experience.The retreat is perception shifting & life changing. It is about connecting to what we are, what we want to be and what we don't want anymore. Connecting to endless breath by taking in so much positive energy and new possibilities. Connecting all senses, feeling it as we go and taking the best along with us. It is about learning to listen to the little voice inside us. The one which encourages us to pursue our deep passion in life.

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong with any room, all of them are so special, you just need to determine which valu...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Spatastic86
It is always exciting hosting guests who live, breathe and work in a luxurious 5 star hotel and spa environment and rewarding to know that The Station's simple luxury meets the expectations of our guests in so many different ways. The 2.5 day retreat is quietly living up to its intentions to provide an opportunity for guests to explore possibilities for vibrant wellbeing in a way that honours them, without being prescriptive or trying to change who they are. Thank you so much for your thoughtful insights and for sharing them in this review of The Station.
We are currently running our 2.5 day Vibrant Wellbeing retreat and again are so enthralled by its gentle efficiency to help one start the process of experiencing themselves as vibrant individuals. Should you want to continue your journey while taking advantage of our little hotel as a 'home from home' holiday retreat, remember the 7 day Move in Virtues Retreat would be something to consider. We look forward to spoiling you again. With fond regards from Sans Souci and The Station. Jenny & Peter.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

We've had a very relaxing and fun stay at the Station on Mahé. The pictures don't do it justice, the views over the ocean with La Digue and Praslin in the background are the most stunning I've ever seen! The owners of the Station were truly fantastic in accommodating us with every request and gave us lots of good travel advise which was very helpful since this was our first time on the Seychelles. My girlfriend and I enjoyed the free Yoga-sessions in the morning and the delicious food in the restaurant. This is the perfect place to relax when returning from traveling around the island or a long day on the beach since its always a few degrees lower and very quiet. We'd love to com back soon!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sailorguy84
It is always a pleasure to know that our guests choose The Station for reasons other than having the sea on their doorstep. Thank you for bringing up one of our most invaluable assets which is that The Station does offer a welcome respite from the heat of the day. As you have experienced, this really is the 'heart of the island' from where one can explore Mahé and we will always remember you returning at the end of a day from one of our many beautiful beaches, contented and glowing with good health, happy to be 'home' in the cool mountain air. Thank you for your stimulating conversation, your ready smiles and your openness. We're looking forward to welcoming you back at The Station. All the best until then. Jenny & Peter.
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is definitely the worst hotel we have ever stayed in! We were staying at The Station for a two week workshop run by a lady who had hired out the hotel for us for the entire duration, so unfortunately we couldn’t leave. It looks lovely in the photographs, with the ocean in the background. And indeed the building is old colonial style and painted freshly white with fresh white linen and some lovely touches. However the people that run the place, Jenny and Peter understand nothing of hospitality. Peter picked us up from the airport, meeting us with an air of hostility and arrogance. Thank goodness we met the kind and gentle local, Ruben who carried our suitcases to our room. Ruben became for us the person who served us in the mornings and at lunch and we came to rely on him for our needs, such as how to work out the complex internet connection here, as we had to pay for special cards. (Secyhelle internet is poor and very expensive). He was graceful, kind and went out of his way to help us. Unfortunately he disappeared during the second week, without a trace?..! Peter and Jenny have never worked in hospitality before, which they themselves informed us about..so it seems we were guinea pigs! Peter made and served breakfast and also dinner, he was painful to be around, with his sarcastic comments and the degrading way he looked at my daughter when she didn’t finish all the food on her plate. We’ve have never experienced such rudeness in our lives!

There was no air-conditioning and with temperatures soaring up to to 34 degrees, this was hard to take. There is no fridge in the rooms or tea/coffee making facilities. The mosquitos here are the most persistent, for all our years of travel, we have ever come across - yet there were small glassless openings above the window, where these blood-sucking insects could freely make their way into the rooms! There were three vegetarians with us and I have gluten-free requirements. Although they run a so called Health Centre and Cafe, they didn’t even know what gluten-free meant! Peter described to us his trip into town where he was able to source some gluten-free ingredients, however the way he told this story made us feel that we were greatly painful guests to him. On day two of our stay it was pretty obvious there was no hot water in our room. Peter came in and tried to fix it, however was unable to do so. He let us know the plumber would be in over the next couple of days. No plumber ever came, so we had 2 weeks of cold water, which I don't mind, but at the price we paid to be there, it would have been nice to wash our hair in warm water every now and again. On day 4 of our stay at The Station, my daughter and I had a build up of washing that needed doing. As it was advertised in our rooms, that there was a washing service, I inquired with Peter where I might find the laundry bags. I actually got told off for having washing!!! Now I am gobsmacked. He actually told me it was too soon to be having washing! And tonight we are leaving, and I must say it is rather like being given a get-out-of-jail free card! Do not recommend.

Room Tip: Don't choose a room, stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
11 Thank Charlottelane2014
Jenny_and_Peter_SC, Owner at The Station Seychelles, responded to this review, 1 June 2014
While this review is indeed very disheartening it did not come as a surprise. We could write a diatribe on the difficulties we faced hosting this guest but it is not our style to cast aspersions on another's character. Nor do we feel it would serve anyone. It would also not redeem us being that no potential guest could ever know the real story. Suffice to say we should have used our instincts on day one which was to refund the organizer this guests' money so that she could move into another hotel from where she could have travelled to the daily perfumery sessions at The Station which would not have been impossible. In hindsight there would have been far more harmony for all had we followed our hearts.

While our little hotel is new The Station is not new to service. We have a solid reputation built over 17 years as a caring, conscious establishment and do our very best to meet the demands and requirements of our guests. We are not perfect but consistently go the extra mile – as we did in this case. There are, however, limits to what anyone should be expected to endure - and this guest tested us way beyond our limits.

We are more that happy to have constructive criticism should it be warranted but this review was certainly not well intentioned. We love our little hotel as much as our lovely guests do and take pleasure in hosting the really amazing, conscious, well-mannered, cultured individuals who show appreciation for the simple pleasures and kind gestures we offer at The Station.

With one exception all our guests have departed leaving us with happy energy, lovely memories, interesting conversation and more, for which we are forever grateful.

Jenny & Peter