It was really amazing vacation. We stayed at Jamelah Apartments for three weeks in August, 2012. It is a windy season however almost the whole vacation was sunny. The hotel is situated in the district Anse Aux Pins. In August the ocean in this region is not deep because of the riff and it is not very comfortable for swiming or snorkeling. However maximum it takes about half an hour to reach any beach of Mahe island by bus or even less if travel by car. It should be noted that shallow ocean has its own advantages. In the night you can walk away from the coast and see all the stars in the sky above your head. I think in its own way it is very romantic.
The environment of the apartments is very nice, the staff is very friendly, the manager Flory does her best to make your vacation easier. Particularly, she lent a snorkeling equipment for my wife, advised us the boatman who makes cheap excursions to the islands, bought us cheap tickets to Praslin and La Digue, helped us to buy frozen fish and recieve permission for the fresh one to take it to our place, advised us how to achieve places of interest, good beaches, cafes, discotheques, cheap taxi drivers and so on. She is very good in her business and her help is invaluable for us.
The water is a problem on Seychelles and there are days when there are no water at all in some places. I should say that in Jamelah Apartments there was no such a problem - we cooked and took a shower whenever we wanted to.
Once more - the environment is very friendly and relaxing - hotel is not big and you can get acquainted with all the neighbours - the garden is very nice - there are two dogs and four turtles who are very friendly too.
Concluding my review i have to say that Seychelles is a real Paradise and small hotel as Jamelah Apartments is the best choice for calm and not expensive vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Jamelah Beach Guest house and Apartments is situated on Mahé island, less than 10 minutes drive from the International Airport and about 25 minutes drive to the town centre, Victoria.The guest house is built on a private property, with white sandy beach directly by the sea. Located on the east coast we benefit from wonderful sunrise and the moonrise .Each apartment is self-catering and has an open plan layout with double bed with bathroom. Their is a kitchenette and sitting area. The apartments are fully air conditioned with individual private balcony with sea view. We also have giant tortoises on the property as our large slow pets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your Jamelah Beach Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jamelah Apartments Hotel Mahe Island
- Jamelah Beach Guest House Seychelles/Mahe Island