I looked for beach chalets with two bedrooms for our trip to Seychelles and stayed in 5 different places. Proximity of a good beach was a priority as well as not having to cook dinner ourselves.
Our first stay was at Clef des Iles. It has a wonderful location right on the beach at Beau Vallon. The building is new and nice. All appartments are sea-facing. They also provide airport transportation by request.
As for the bedrooms, the master bedroom is really nice with a wonderful view to the sea. It has a balcony but there is no furniture (I would have liked a couple of chairs). The second bedroom is clearly for children. It is okay for one adult (single bed) but definitely not as nice as the master bedroom.
There are two small toilets, both downstairs and upstairs. Nice batroom is downstairs. The bedrooms are upstairs, as well as a living area with tv.
Fruit and juice are provided daily. There was a also a starter package for breakfast enough for two mornings for two adults. They also do the cleaning daily (including dishes)(not so everywhere we stayed).
Baobab pizzeria is in the same building. Good pizza for very cheap prices. It gets crowded after sunset so one must hurry. And the service is not always very friendly but still, the location is unbeatable on the beach and food is good and cheap.
We really liked the place. The only negative thing is that it gets very hot upstairs where the bedrooms are and we had trouble sleeping. There is no air-con (there is a fan though but in this heat it doesn't really help and makes the room "windy" to my taste). Adding air-con would be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clef des Iles is composed of 4 duplexes located literally on the beach. Each duplex (around 120 m2 each) has two large attic bedrooms facing the majestuous Silhouette and North Island. The kitchen is fully equipped and internet is freely available through a wireless system. This ideal “on the beach home” is surrounded by charming restaurants and offers easy access to water sport facilities. The discrete Clef des Iles team takes care of daily cleaning. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Priceline so you can book your Clef des Iles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clef Des Iles Hotel Mahe Island
- Clef Des Iles Mahe Island
- Clef Des Iles Seychelles/Mahe Island