“Good food, but unfriendly staff”

Pirogue Restaurant & Bar
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, sufficient portions, but very unfriendly staff. I reached the restaurant at 9.20 pm, and the 1st staff instead of even greeting us said if you want to eat, order very quickly else the kitchen will close. Well I dint wanted to go out and look other options so stayed and ordered my food in 2-3 mins. Then he showed us to a table, and when we sat there I noticed that it was not clean. I asked the person to clean, and with a very bad face, he asked me to sit on other table. Dint bother to lit the candle on our table. Well guys, 1st on tripadvisor your closing time shows as 10pm, and on google it shows as 11pm. I had checked before coming. So please get these corrected instead of asking your customers at 920pm to ‘order quickly’. By the look of the hotel and food taste, the restaurant seems to be good. But you need to train your staff well, customers dont just pay for food, but for service as well.

1  Thank Venugopal K
RomanoLaurence, Manager at Pirogue Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Sir,
Good day to you!
Thank you very much for taking time to write a review of our restaurant; however I feel that it does not make justice to our restaurant.
I was the duty manager that evening when you came into our restaurant and I can still remember you and your wife when you walked in.
In the restaurant business there is closing time and last order time. Our closing time is 2300 but our last order time is 2130; in fact I recall you entered the restaurant after 2130 the reason why the waitor wanted to consult with the chef to ensure that your order is processed even if it came in after 2130 so that we'll be able to serve you.
As to the issue about the dirty table; I recall the waitor offering you a "clean" table situated on the deck at the entrance of the restaurant (Table 32) but you chose to seat at table (table 26) that a client just left on (the reason why it was dirty). I guess you chose Table 26 which is also on the deck because of its location. In fact it was me whom you had asked to clean the table while I was serving the table next to you. I gave instructions to a waitress to advice you to move to Table 32 as it is better to give a client a clean table rather to clean a dirty table while the client is already seated. However you decided to seat inside on Table 2 instead and your dinner was served on time without any issues as far as I can remember.

It is for those reason that I feel your review does not make justice to our place; especially when our waitor did everything he could to ensure that you were able to be served at Pirogue Restaurant & Bar.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,274)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

First night of reopening so a few teething problems, sure it will be great once they're back on track.
We had a 30 minute wait between our starter and main course mix up apparently someone else got ours!
Food was very tasty though especially the Chicken and Prawn curry.

Reviewed 2 June 2018 via mobile

We ate at La Pirogue a couple of times while visiting Praslin - nice service with a small outside area (advised to book if you’d like to sit outside - inside does feel a little lacking in character). Food was lovely, good sized portions and well cooked. Reasonable price as well. Would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We visited this restaurant twice. The food had no taste at all, prices are quite expensive, after dinner we ordered some drinks and had to wait for half an hour, than they brought too sweat mojito, after my request to remake it, they just added lots of lemon there and it became too sweat and sour at the same time.
Awful service, awful food. Not recommended at all!

2  Thank Irina B
RomanoLaurence, Manager at Pirogue Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Irina,
Thanks for the remarks though we do not agree with it. Our service is built on good reputation and good food.
I have the feeling that this review does not belong to us!!!

Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

This is just off cot d’or beach, ambience is good and they have live music too. We ordered veg creole curry and it was served with rice, pickle, salad and dal. We ordered for extra rice which was not charged. The meal was wholesome and tasty. Prices were reasonable compared to Seychelles.

RomanoLaurence, Manager at Pirogue Restaurant & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear Kavitha,
Thank you very much for the nice review. It was nice to have hosted you for dinner.
We look forward to your next visit.

Cheers,