“Mediterranean/ middle eastern fusion”

Garlic Lover's Corner
Ranked #70 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Business meetings, Groups
Fayetteville, New York
“Mediterranean/ middle eastern fusion”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

My wife and I dined at Garlic lovers on a recent Saturday night. The restaurant is located in a small strip mall on route 4 just south of Tory Ny. When we arrived at 7:00 we were seated promptly. After reading the menu we tried to order dinner and drinks, the bar was out of boston lager and the kitchen was out of scallops, so back to the menus we went. We settled on shrimp florentine and chicken tuscana. Both salads arrived quickly along with the house bread, which is a seasoned pita bread sliced into strips, along with olive oil that appeared to have pepper in it, but tasted only of oil. The shrimp dish was good although the sauce was very mild with no hint of garlic in the wine/ butter sauce. The chicken dish was very interesting. The combination of spices lent it a distinctly Indian flavor...the garlic mashed were good, but also lacking in garlic flavor.
I have eaten here four times now and every meal has been good or better. The seafood diablo is my favorite. The serving sizes are generous without being overwhelming. The service is uniformly good. It would have been nice to have been forewarned about the kitchen being out of scallops. The dining area floor is tiled which tends to make it rather loud as the tables fill up. Dinner for two with wine and a beer was $62/ with tip.
I would recommend the middle eastern selections instead of the fusion dishes, except for the seafood diablo of course!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank vaultcoach

Alexandria, Virginia
“Must Return Again And Again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

The food was outstanding and the prices are very reasonable. I treated a coworker to a going away lunch. This was my first our party of three visited the restaurant after several months on a project is the area. We were all very impressed with the food and comfortable atmosphere. So happy I came and I plan to come back.

Visited December 2013
Albany, NY
“A Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2013

We've been here a few times for dinner and have come to think of Garlic Lover's as somewhat of a hidden gem. It's tucked into a corner of a small strip mall and is pretty unassuming. Inside, the decor is fairly plain, with various-sized tables arranged in a single dining room. That said, it works ... the tables are spaced well and adjacent diners aren't close enough to be obtrusive. The servers are friendly and attentive.

The menu is Mediterranean, but there is a fair amount of variety. Entrees usually come with salad; the salads are fresh and we particularly like the cucumber dressing. The bread is warm pita with dipping oil and is very tasty. The entrees are generously sized, and these guys can *really* cook. Between my wife and I, we've had salmon, steak, pasta, lamb stew and a couple other things I can't remember, and it was all good. The side dishes, such as jasmine rice and grilled asparagus, are excellent.

I could probably say a lot more, but it comes down to quality and consistency: I've always had a good meal here, and I'm confident that my next meal here will be as good as all the others. That's why we'll keep coming back.

• Visited December 2013
Volusia County, FL
“Great Lunch...reasonable prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We met family (not seen for a couple years) for a 1 PM lunch. The place, not large, was still quite busy. The implication is that it is near the Rensselaer Technology Park and some may be dining in nearby restaurants.
We declined any drinks at the early hour in favor of water.
We shared an appetizer plate of hummus, baba ganoush, olives, tzatziki and more...served with some warm pita triangles.
Two people chose the lamb burgers. Not possible. While they were out of ground lamb, it was possible to switch the order to lamb kebabs...which were enjoyed. The other two orders were a 'Beduoin Burger' sandwich and a 'Beduoin Chicken' sandwich. Both were very tasty with Middle-Eastern spices and flavorings.
No desserts or coffee were chosen.

• Visited October 2013
Albany, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly staff and delicious food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

I was there with my family on Saturday night. The waiter was terrific; patient and friendly. We were a large group and were seated in the alcove. We could have pulled the curtain for privacy, but we liked seeing the people come and go. We all enjoyed our food....except we all thought the salad was uninspired and bland. The pita and sampler platter were delicious. I ordered the salmon....and it was amazing. I would have it again. I tasted my sister in law's meal...chicken with balsamic glaze and cheese. Also wonderful. Great food...great staff and great time.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Garlic Lover's Corner? Share your experiences!