“Perfect relaxing stay”

TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 4 July 2012

I can only say good things about my stay experience on this hotel. Very friendly and professional reception staff - (Jake). Rooms are kept clean and presentable.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank me_azzhole
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to reflect on your experience at the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center! I will be sure to let Jake and our reception staff as well as our housekeeping team know of your wonderful comments regarding our service. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to accommodate your future stays in Albany!

Reviewed 2 July 2012

First of all, I have to address some of the previous reviews about the neighborhood that this hotel is in. I grew up in Albany and this neighborhood, while not the best, is certainly not the worst. You would be perfectly safe to go across the street to the McDonald's or Walgreens after dark. Some people need to get over themselves. Anyway, we stayed here for a few nights and it was exactly what you'd expect from a Marriott property. Clean and well-kept, and the breakfast was a nice touch. The room was a nice size with a ton of storage for bags and everything was very comfortable. Laundry was a bit pricey (2 bucks for a wash) but they did have free detergent and dryer sheets at the front desk. We had a good stay and we would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback! That's great to hear that you are familiar with the area and have grown up in Albany. We certainly appreciate your positive comments and most importantly that our hotel was able to meet your expectations of a Marriott property! Thank you very much for choosing the TownePlace Suites by Marriott, we look forward to accommodating your future stays!

Reviewed 30 June 2012

The staff makes this hotel feel like a bed & breakfast. Btw, the breakfast is a nice touch as I frequently travel to the NYS Ed Dept, and do not often have time to get a meal. The location disclose to where I must go for my meetings. In fact, I am making a reservation today for an August conference.

Room Tip: It is nice quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Eliza626
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Thank you for your review! That's such an honor to hear that you feel our staff makes our hotel feel like a bed and breakfast. Receiving feedback like this is truly rewarding to all of our managers and associates. We look forward to having you back in August! On behalf of our team here at the TownePlace Suites, thank you very much for staying with us and if there is anything we can do to make your future stays more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to let us know!

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I spend more than a 1/3 of a year traveling in hotels on extended stays. This particular hotel makes is real easy. Plenty of free parking, great size rooms both studio's and suite's. When the family shows up, the suite offers a separate room for them while I work/sleep. There is continental breakfast for those up early. For a long or short stay, the kitchenette is a big plus: Fridge stove microwave utensils plates and ect are all there. This way you can avoid the fast food line and have real food or a snack whenever you want. It has a new upgraded high speed internet and HD LCD cable TV.
Its safe, quite and very clean. The staff makes every effort to make ones stay comfortable.
i have been with Marriot for over 20 years and this particular team makes being away from home easy.

Room Tip: all rooms have great AC and heat
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Lynsee B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! That's great to hear that the amenities and features that our property has to offer is able to fulfill your needs. To hear that our staff creates such a comfortable experience for you is extremely rewarding and is what we strive for here at the TownePlace Suites. We certainly value your business and appreciate your loyalty to the Marriott Brand and our particular property. We look forward to accommodating your future stays in Albany and to continue to provide you with the service you have been receiving!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Just stayed one night. The front desk staff could not been more helpful on check-in and check-out. Hotel was clean and quiet. Breakfast included. Great overall experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Lynsee B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2012

On behalf of the TPS Albany Downtown, we are so glad you had a great overall experience! Thank you very much for staying with us, we look forward to accommodating your future stays in Albany!

Reviewed 26 March 2012

I was here for a college visit with my son. He stayed on campus and I stayed here.

I arrived after dark and I was a little leery of the neighborhood at night but, when I left in the morning, I realized it was fine. Things always look a little scarier at night. I had no trouble finding the hotel and there was plenty of parking behind the building.

The young woman at the front desk was very cordial and let me know about the free breakfast in the morning.

The room was large. There was a mini kitchen and living area combined (sofa, chair, coffee table and work desk area as well as flat screen TV and several drawers for storage as well as a closet.) Then there was a separate bedroom and, off that, the bathroom. There was lots of empty space, especially between the bedroom area and the bathroom. You could actually have another closet there or at least more furniture. It seemed a little weird but would not be a negative, just a design suggestion. The bedroom has its own flat screen TV as well.

The bathroom was ample with plenty of storage (drawers and and undersink cabinet). Personally I would have preferred just a little more counter space but it was certainly sufficient.

Everything was as clean as I would have liked it.

The kitchen had some dishes, pots & pans, microwave and a good-sized refrigerator (apartment size).

Ice machines are on the 4th and 6th floors only which I thought was a little odd but, again, not a problem.

Overall, very nice place to stay. Could easily accommodate more people. I would also feel comfortable staying here long-term. I didn't check out the pool since I was only there from 8pm to 8am.

I would stay there again.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room on an upper floor. There were plenty of rooms available but I was given one...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Lynsee B, Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at our property and we certainly appreciate your feedback! Good luck to you and your son throughout his college selection process.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

I stayed here for work for several months and the staff was great the hotel was clean the rooms were very spacious even the studios, there was plenty of parking for guest at the hotel also comp breakfast in the morning. Close to things to do in the area and not far from downtown Albany, restaurants

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business