“Nice hotel even with the mixed location”

TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Portland, Oregon
“Nice hotel even with the mixed location”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

The hotel was very clean. The staff was very nice. Price was great. There are lots of restaurants around. The only drawback is the location is mixed among nice parts of town and seedy parts of town. Not to mention the traffic in downtown Albany is horrible. For me the Springhill usually works out better for location but this hotel was very nice.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Thank you for your review. We certainly appreciate your honesty and mentions of our staff and the cleanliness of our hotel. We are fortunate to have the hotel be next to Albany College of Pharmacy and Albany Law School and just blocks away from Albany Medical Center. However as you stated just like other cities, there are sections that are not as attractive as these. I know you generally stay at the Springhill Suites, but we would love to accommodate your future stays in Albany and hope that you will be back!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the TownePlace Suites for 3 nights in April 2014. We were in town for the installation of my brother as Bishop of the Diocese of Albany and several members of my family reserved rooms for the event. The location of the property was very convenient and was only a short distance from the cathedral and The Egg convention center downtown. The staff was very friendly, courteous and most helpful and the rooms were perfect for our needs. Each suite had a separate bedroom apart from the living and kitchen area and the 2 bedroom suite had 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms. The beds, including the pillows, were very comfortable and the temperature in each room was individually controlled, adding to a good night’s sleep. The kitchen area was stocked with dishes, utensils, a fridge, and microwave. There was a complimentary breakfast in the morning and a coffee bar in the lobby as a nice addition. Everything was well maintained and clean. No complaints regarding the immediate neighborhood. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Albany. Kudos to the staff and management.

Room Tip: I always request a higher floor rather than being on ground level for an added sense of security.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on our hotel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and appreciate your recommendations! On behalf of the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown, thank you for choosing our hotel! We look forward to accommodating your future stays in Albany!
Clifton Park, New York
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Had an excellent stay at Marriot Downtown Albany, I usually don't write reviews but thought the service and hospitality here was exceptional.

The rooms were clean. The distance to the hospital was close enough.

Jondelle at reception was great, she had a big smile and made me feel welcome after I got to Albany from an exhausting trip. I felt like being treated like a VIP!

TV selection and breakfast were good. The place has a nice bar too. Will revisit next time I'm in Albany.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
The TownePlace Suites is honored that you took the time to provide us with your feedback! Our staff strives for exceptional service and works very hard to make sure we create a great guest experience. Thank you for your acknowledgement! We hope you choose to stay with us in the future!
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this location for one night. The rooms were pretty clean, the furniture was a bit worn down. We stopped here for ease of travel and it's convenient locations .

The staff, however, is the nicest staff I've ever come into contact with. It's safe to say I've spent several hundreds of days in a hotel and this by far is the best staff I've experienced. They went over and above friendly. I went to the front desk and asked for a certain drink they didn't have in stock and one of the employees ran to the store to get one for me! There wasn't one employee who didn't ask if I needed assistance of any kind. This staff....the entire staff needs a raise.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Adalis, it was our pleasure running to the store to get you a red bull! We will make sure next time we are stocked for you in our market! I know you were traveling through Albany, however we hope that if you are in the area in the future that we will be able to accommodate your stay! Hope you had a nice easy trip back to PA! Thank you very much for posting a review!
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stumbled into this hotel after being denied a room I had already paid for at another Hotel. I walked in at 5:30AM and was greeted by Erica, a most pleasant and effective person who made the check-in quick and painless. Being sensitive to my late arrival and long trip the staff did not bother me until I woke the next morning which was slightly after their stated check out time. I came downstairs and was met by a full staff which was more than attentive to our needs. Frequent trips to and from the nearby hospital were required and we couldn't have made it as easy if we had been locals. The shuttle was flexible and absolutely focused on making our stay convenient. It goes without saying that the rooms are new, clean and well appointed. Any obvious flaws were hidden from my view or simply didnt exist in the first place.

Besides the flawless operation of the entire establishment the Front desk personnel knew our names by sight and were sure to let us know upon our departure that we didn't have to be staying there to stop by and say hello. Thomas and too many other names to mention here made a difficult trip up to see an ill relative a bit more bearable. Thanks and See you again someday.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
On behalf of the Marriott TownePlace Suites, it was such a pleasure having you stay at our property, as we wish it was under better circumstances. Our apologies for the unfortunate situation you encountered at the previous hotel you went to, however, we are delighted that we had the opportunity to accommodate your overnights providing you with service that alleviated outside stresses through this difficult time. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on our hotel! Our staff will be ecstatic to hear your kind words regarding their service.
Jordanstown
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 1 week in February with my son who was doing his Bar exam. Hotel is clean , rooms are spacious and well equipped with a kitchen and there is a complimentary breakfast. The staff in this hotel were amongst the friendliest I have met and make the stay worth while. The shuttle drivers, Leshawn Ryan and Angelo were so helpful and to have a complimentary shuttle is a huge bonus when you have no car. The reception staff were informative and the greeting was warm and genuine from Jonalene. We couldn't have been more comfortable during our stay. The bonus is that Andy's Italian Deli is just around the corner which is a wonderful food store selling the best subs I have ever tasted - and huge ! Also New World Bistro within easy walking distance and excellent food( but be sure to book)
Would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel

Room Tip: Ask for top floor if intending to work
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Lynsee B, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
We love Andy's Deli and New World Bistro! This is great to hear that you enjoyed them as well! I'm glad you had such a great experience throughout your stay with us. Our shuttle drivers LaShawn, Angelo, Ryan and our Front Desk Associate Jondelle, will be ecstatic to hear that they had such a positive impact on your stay. Thank you for choosing our hotel, we hope to be able to accommodate your overnights next time you are in Albany! We wish your son the best of the luck!
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 20 March 2014

We stayed here with several other couples during a family celebration. The rooms were great, large enough for a toddler to run around. There was a kichenette with a good-sized refrigerator, stove, microwave and dishwasher. The cupboards had dishes, utensils and pots and pans. This would be an excellent choice for a long stay. The free shuttle gets you anywhere you'd want to go in Albany. The staff was very friendly and accommodating and there's free parking.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate you taking the time to reflect on your stay with us. On behalf of the Marriott TownePlace Suites Albany Downtown/Medical Center, thank you for choosing our hotel! We look forward to accommodating your future stays in Albany!