“One of the worst stays”

Ranked #34 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Grand Island, New York
“One of the worst stays”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We recently (Sept. 2012) stayed at Cocca's Inn & Suites on Wolf Rd. The people at the front desk were nice although some of the prices they gave us did not match up to the Coupon Book walk-in rate and it was a Tuesday so it wasn't that it was a peak day rate problem. The room we got was mediocre at best and was in the outside motel part. The bathroom was tiny and was dirty (hair on the wall, dirt along the ledge) and the toilet was not flushing properly. After getting in really late and getting settled with our infant, my husband and I got into bed and immediately rolled in towards the middle because the bed was broken. We went to the front desk and they gave us a new room in which the bed was fine, but nothing like moving rooms with a 2 month old in at 1 AM. The rooms were cold and the bedding sets looked like they came from some discount seconds store and were already frayed and ripped. The room was very cold. We did see them fixing the bed in our first room in the morning, or at least making the appearance that they were. Breakfast was disappointing...the waffles tasted off and were soggy, some orange type Tang drink mix instead of OJ but what do you expect for $55? We were later talking to a friend from the Albany area that said this place was busted for a prostitution ring which could explain the car with two-three guys parked outside the room next to us that kept going in and out? Will never stay here again.

Room Tip: We have started requesting to see the rooms before we will sign in. The indoor rooms at this place...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Caledon, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 21 September 2012

I used a coupon from the hotel saver magazine I picked up on the Thruway. I have stayed in the area before and thought I'd try another hotel. I went to the reception area. The woman behind the desk didn't look up, didn't get up just asked how she could help me. I told her I was interested in a room. Another person, her daughter I think, was behind the desk and was standing between us while I was trying to discuss the types of room and cost. I almost left. If I hadn't been so tired I probably would have. The room was very nice, the bed too soft, the shower makes a very high pitched squealing noise no matter how you adjusted the temperature - no control over volume.
The breakfast was just okay. I will gladly pay the extra money next time to stay someplace else.

Room Tip: I was in an upgraded room that was quieter - quieter than the rooms right on the street but definitl...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 September 2012

Reservation desk staff were very polite, courteous and helpful 24/7 and wish us good luck on our way to Saratoga each day....very nice! The room was clean, comfortable and they had the Racing Channel which was a plus for us horse players. The free breakfast was very good each morning and we were both pleased. We will definitely stay again when back in Albany!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
schenectady ny
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We had a reunion of teamates and friends from our college days in the 1960s. Several of our group stayed at Coccas Wolf Rd and were very pleased with the accommodations. The rooms and bathrooms were large and very clean. The free breakfast was much appreciated. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We look forward to our next stay at Coccas Wolf Rd. and highly recommend this facility.

Don B

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
BUFFALO NY
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I had a room with a faulty iron that management & ownership were unaware of, it burnt through my slacks & ruined them. As I brought my complaint to management, she was very courteous & called the owner to resolve the issue. The owner called me personally to resolve the issue satisfactorily. I received appropriate compensation & am very pleased with the personal service that I received. The location is good, right near mall the 90,the airport, etc.

The room as fine, I was solo, very hot weekend the a/c was nice & cold & the shower was nice & hot with good pressure

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 August 2012

The room was a pleasant surprise, very clean and new. Day Manager was nice,
Price was great, near everything , Malls, food thruway.
Only knock was their continental breakfast wasn't being managed properly, ran out of everything by 9, should dedicate one person to oversee it.. Would stay there again... Don't understand what other reviewers are talking about... Room 12 was great non smoking though. I go to Saratoga evey year, and they will have my business

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed 20 July 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel online for a concert I was attending with my husband, the area seemed nice and the hotel was presentable by the pictures. When I got to the hotel, the lobby was nice, smaller than it appeared in the pictures but nice. We were given room 41, with the heart snapped run that we didn't ask for. Ight outside the door was a video camera... Isn't that illegal!? And when we got into the room you could smell nothing other than mold! The bed was facing the window which was facing a very busy street, the couch in the room was dingy and dirty and lighting was only suitable for someone you would find swinging from a Pole. I stated in the room only long enough to book a different hotel... Went to the desk and the older lasy behind the counter gave me nothing but attitude for wanting to leave. The smell was terrible i felt sick for hours after i will never again trust a hotel online reservation. I did however get my money back, NOT worth 150$ at all!!!

• Stayed July 2012