“Nice Room”

Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport
Ranked #35 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The previous reviews concerned us but we needed an inexpensive place to stay for a night so we took a chance.Our room was fine-large room with a King size bed, couch, desk. It was clean and quiet. Breakfast was picked over but we had enough. The desk clerk did add to the breakfast items while we were eating. We were surprised that they wanted a security deposit of $100 in addition to the cost of the room. They said it was because they had some trouble with guests trashing the rooms, smoking and drugs. The person at the desk took the charge off the next day, no problem.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2013

August 21, 2013

Dear Value Guest

We appreciated your very “POSITIVE” August 18th TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We were very pleased to read your comments regarding the spaciousness and cleanliness of your room. Our entire Cocca’s Team extends their thanks.

Thank you for “ignoring” some of the reviews and giving us an opportunity to serve your lodging requirements. We are looking forward to seeing you during your next visit to the Albany/Colonie area.

Guest - Relations

There are newer reviews for Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport

Reviewed 7 August 2013

Upon arriving at Cocca's Inn & Suites, we had to wait for the two women at the front desk to stop their conversation long enough to check us in. Once they did check us in, they were not particularly friendly. The room we got was facing the on-ramp to the Thruway exit, but once we closed the heavy curtains, it was okay. The beds however, were not. Neither bed had a dust ruffle, and one of the box springs had what looked like feces smeared on it. Also, the sheets were wrinkled and did not look clean. However, because we knew that there were no other rooms available in town because of the NYS Bar Exam, we sucked it up and went to dinner.

Upon arriving back at the hotel, our room key card did not work. One of the women at the front desk tried the master key, and that also did not work, so she summoned the other woman to help us. We could immediately tell that this woman was bothered by having to stop her private phone conversation to help us. Once she stopped yelling at the person on the phone, she followed us to our room and accused us of messing up the lock by using a credit card in it instead of the room key, which we of course did not do. They ended up having to make another room key for us, which they should've just done in the first place.

After finally getting back into the room, I decided to take a shower before bed. The water pressure was terrible, and by the end of my five minute shower, the water was up to my knees. They had a serious clog in there.

The next day, we checked out early. We were supposed to stay two nights in this place, but we couldn't take it any longer. When we turned in our room keys, we told the woman at the front desk about the problems with the room and her response was "I'll let maintenance know." No apologies for the feces or anything.

Overall, staying here was a mistake. We should've went with a name brand hotel like Marriott or Hilton. Cocca's had very unprofessional staff and this was not a good experience at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

August 9, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

In response to your August 7th TripAdvisor Review regarding your stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport, we are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and our standards. We appreciate your feedback and will most certainly investigate the housekeeping issue.

I apologize if you misinterpreted our Front Desk Staff person when she mentioned the “credit card” / room key" incident. I think what she was saying is that if a room key is near a credit card, the credit card could possibly desensitize the room key.

We sincerely hope you will stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport the next time you are in our area, as I would like to have the opportunity to show you that we do care for our guests' comfort and satisfaction duirng their stay with us.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Admittedly, I did not do a whole lot of research on this, went with one of the lowest prices I could find for Albany (hotels.com), just needed a place to rest and break up a long car trip.
Booked non-smoking room with late check-in. Got there just before 11pm with kid in tow, so I had no energy left to complain once I saw the room: It was one of the outside/corner ones. Very noisy. Definitely strong old smoke smell, though the clerk confirmed the next morning that our room was indeed a "non-smoking" one. Room was run-down, bathroom not clean. The kind of room where you don't want to touch things...
Continental breakfast did not look like anything worth staying for (except for bananas in fresh fruit basket), not sure which "Continent" this one gets blamed on. Even PB&J were presented in smeary tubs, so we just moved on.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

July 31, 2013

Dear Ms. Guenthers:

In response to your TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport, we are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Your guest room is a NON-smoking room; however, the previous guest(s) may have “illegally” smoked during their stay. Due to the time span between your stay and your review, it was difficult to investigate why your room was not cleaned properly.

I am sorry that you did not stay for the Continental Breakfast. If you like waffles, our New York Golden Malted Waffles are excellent.

For future reference, all our interior rooms have been recently renovated with new carpeting, TV’s and drapes. The interior area is completely non-smoking. I am confident that if you gave us another opportunity to serve your lodging requirements that you would be pleasantly surprised with the interior guest rooms. .

Director – Guest Relations
(518)785-6626, Ext. 174
mar@coccas.com

Reviewed 13 June 2013

If you plan on staying here, insist on an interior room. The exterior room in the motel section (the cheaper ones) are disgusting. Holes in the walls, full of cigarette smoke smells, dark and dank. We "upgraded" to an interior room when we saw the exterior rooms for $20 extra a night. The upgraded room was perfectly fine. It was clean, well-maintained and even with the extra fee a bargain in the area.

The clerk who arrange the upgrade was professional and cared about our needs. The desk clerk when we checked out was the opposite. She spent 10 minutes on her cell phone talking to her son I believe. We had a question about directions and she was put off that we interrupted her. We ended up tossing out room keys on the counter. She never got off the phone to give us directions or a receipt.

The location is tough. A barrier blocks the entrance when trying to make a left turn from Central Avenue. You have to make a U-turn to enter the hotel. To get to the IHop that's 500 feet away you need to get onto I-87, drive two miles to the next exit, and circle back. It's literally a two-mile drive to get to anything on Central Avenue.

Room Tip: Make sure you demand an interior room. do not even bother with the motel type exterior rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2013

Sent the following E-mail to the Guest:

June 17, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your June 13th TripAdvisor review regarding your recent stay at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We appreciate your positive comments regarding our Front Desk Staff person who arranged for your upgrade; and we apologize in behalf of the person who checked you out.

We were pleased to see that you enjoyed our upgraded interior room during your stay. Our exterior rooms have not yet been upgraded. However, that is not an excuse for the hole in the wall. We will have our Maintenance and Housekeeping staff check our exterior rooms for the room with the issues you mentioned. The exterior room may possibly have been a smoking room. All our upgraded interior rooms are non-smoking rooms.

We hope to see you again at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport the next time you have a trip in this area.

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

After a long day of driving all we wanted to do was get to the inn and relax. When we arrived to the Inn my husband stood at the front desk for 10 minutes and watched the front desk agent talk in the phone and just ignore him. He came back out to tell me this and we discussed just going to a different hotel but since we booked online we would be charged anyway. We both went back in and stood for another 5 minutes watching the lady at the front desk talk on the phone. She obviously knew we were there since she was right behind the desk and obviously wasn't talking to a customer by the way she was talking. Once we finally got to the room we weren't too impressed but just needed a place to sleep. There was urine on the sides of the toilet and socks under the dressers with dust bunnies. The cleanliness was poor and we won't be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed 14 February 2013

When I arrived, the night receptionist was more interested in talking to someone on the phone than checking me into the hotel. With a discount coupon this petite Queen cost me about $55 for one night. The bed, TV and heat were all comfortable, everything else was worn or somewhat dirty. More water came out of the tub nozzle than the shower nozzle even though it was set for a shower. Supposedly there was a continental breakfast but I had to leave before it started at 7AM. I might return, we'll see....

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank G3G
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Sent the following E-mail to Guest G3G:

February 18, 2013

Dear Guest G3G:

Thank you for your February 14th TripAdvisor Review regarding your recent stay at Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

I apologize that our Front Desk Attendant appeared inattentive when you checked in.

We appreciate your mentioning that the bed, TV and heat met your expectations. Our Maintenance Engineer has been instructed to check the shower heads to make sure they are operating correctly. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I am sorry you did not have an opportunity to take advantage of our Continental Breakfast. My favorite breakfast food is our golden, malted waffle.

We hope to see you again at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. If you prefer a larger updated room, we have beautiful, newly renovated interior rooms.

If I can be of additional assistance, please contact me 518-785-6626, Ext. 174.

Cocca's Hotels / Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport

Reviewed 1 February 2013

On my way down to Philly, my boyfriend and I decided to stay in Albany for the night. We skimped out and got the $39 hotel room which I figured would be crappy but okay for what we needed. I wouldn't do it again. I'd definitely pay the extra $20-$30 and get place that was a better. The 'goods' were that it was dirt cheap, the rooms were warm, had a fridge and a tv, and the staff were nice. The 'bads' were that the mattress was HORRIBLE, the walls paper thin, and the fruit from the morning buffet were rotten.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 40Nugget
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2013

I sent the following E-mail to 40Nugget:

February 4, 2013

Dear “40Nugget”:

In response to your February 1st TripAdvisor Review regarding your stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport, we are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations.

Thank you for your complimentary comments regarding our staff, and mentioning that the room was warm. I am particularly pleased that you mentioned that your $39.00 room included in a TV, microwave and refrigerator, as usually amenities such as these do not include microwaves and refrigerators in the $39.00 to $45.00.rate range. We also offer free high speed Internet, in addition to the computer in the lobby.

It would be very helpful if you would let me know what room you were in order to address the issue with the “bad” mattress as we would like to replace it as soon as possible. My contact information is: 518-785-6626, Ext. 174 or mar@coccas.com.

I have cautioned our Breakfast Attendant to exam the fruit more carefully before she sets up the breakfast area.

We sincerely hope you will reconsider and stay at our Cocca’s Inn & Suites, Albany Airport the next time you are in our area. We assure you that the issue you experienced was an “EXCEPTION” and not the “RULE”.