“Basic budget” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Basic budget”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2004

I lost power at my house and needed a room locally. Most area hotels were over $100.00 per nite, so I took a shot and stayed at Coccas for $54.95. The room was small but very nice,pretty much what I expect for a budget hotel.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
chgo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2004

Stayed Aug. 2004. I was put in a tiny rm in the back of hotel, near the end (told it was nice & quiet). Sleep was not on the agenda.....I FROZE! Over zealous AC in which one has no control over; Asked for an extra blanket- didn't have one (of course...what was I thinking). Noticed one of the other guests tried to sleep with the door open (all exterior doors). The bed would have been great if I were 9 mo. pregnant & slept on my stomach. The furniture reminded me of donated goods at a shelter. But it was clean. What did it matter when I spent most of the nite in my car trying to get thawed out. And those small holes in the bathrm wall caused me to wonder if someone by the name of "Norman" resided there. The owner has 2 or 3 other places in the area-no clue as to how they compare.

4 Thank domernic
, Partner at Cocca's Inns & Suites Albany Airport, responded to this review, 4 October 2004
I have reveiwed the comments of the 4 guest that have commented about our Wolf Rd location.
First our rates are almost half of what the other National Chains are charging. We have 4 locations in the Albany area and they are all different with the largest selection of Jacuzzi suites in the area. These are older hotels (built in the early 60's) that have been given a facelift but not to change the character of the buildings. They are VERY CLEAN and I challenge anyone to check them out anytime. Our Wolf Rd Albany location does have small rooms like a Microtel room and offers all the amentities that most budget hotels offer at a reasonable rate. This site has 3 complaints and one satisfied customer in over 3 years. Thats not bad for the amount of business we do. This last guest who froze because his AC vent was open to much and needed to be closed a little. This location only has central AC for all the rooms so some rooms can be a little colder than others. We will being going to individual units in 2005. So he is upset and decided to bad mouth us because of that (to much AC). Our furniture in all of our rooms is very simular to what the Marriotts uses. Its Mohagany, Queen Ann, Traditional style and in very nice shape. Holes in the bathroom walls? Come on, give me a break. If you could have contacted me or management we would have been happy to check your concerns as we do all of our guests if there is a problem. It's guest like you that should be staying at a five star hotel and not looking for the best deal so you can bad mouth the little guy like us. We have a great business and referrals from many of our competators. When this was brought to my attention I needed to respond to these complaints and defend our locations. If your not satisfied with your accommodations we will glady refund you and suggest another hotel.

Rocky Cocca
roc@coccas.com
518-785-6626
Chicago
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2003

It was the worst hotel we ever stayed at. It was dirty and run down. Also, we stayed their for one night May 2002 and there were alot of young kids who rented rooms and partied both in and out of their rooms, I guess they must attract this local crowd. A must to avoid.

1 Thank TyWebb1973
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2002

After reading a previous review of the property I was worried about staying there. We arrived around four hours before the "official" check-in time. There was a very friendly woman behind the desk. She told us that the standard room that we booked was not yet available but that she would give us an upgrade to a jacuzzi suite at no additional charge. We were staying for two nights. The suite was almost double the price of the standard room. Once in the room we found it to be immaculate and very large. The only complaint that we would have is that on the second day, the maid only left us small handtowels in our bathroom. This was quickly remedied by the front desk.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2002

The bed was broken, the room was dirty and tiny, and the management and clerk were exceptionally rude and unwilling to remedy the problem with a simple room switch. The name should be read caca's to be more accurate. Avoid it at all costs!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member