“FABULOUS REMODEL....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Dallas, Texas
“FABULOUS REMODEL....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

We travel for business about 200 days per year nationwide, and I was NOT looking forward to this hotel after the reviews I had read. WOW! WHAT A NICE SURPRISE!.........We were welcomed to a completely remodeled, deluxe room. Absolutely everything was new from the fixtures and the flooring to the linens and the furniture. Flat screen TV, fridge, table with booth and chair, all in the new contemporary design, free wifi. The lady at the desk was very nice and professional - the man kept his mouth shut but seemed a bit of a grump. I'm guessing he might be the source of the previous bad reviews. No sign at all of bed bugs or any other insects. The housekeeping staff was kind and courteous. We were told this was only 1 of 4 rooms currently refurbished but the entire hotel is under remodel. My only caution would be that in other Motel 6's that have undergone full remodel, they quickly fill up with permanent residents of a lower echelan - drug dealers, hookers, etc... I really, really hope this doesn't happen in this hotel because WE HAD A GREAT STAY and I WOULD LOVE TO COME AGAIN AND AGAIN!

Room Tip: Ask for a newly remodeled room when you book.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AngelaCatirina
Nimit P, General Manager at Motel 6 Albany Airport, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Subject: Your stay at the Motel 6 - 4466 Albany Airport

Dear Ms. Angela Catirina

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - 4466 Albany Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

And yes, we will not fill up with permanent residents of a lower echelan - drug dealers, hookers, etc... Don’t be afraid of that at all.
I have reviewed your comments and concerns, and I want to assure you that I take them very seriously. Our relationship with our guests is extremely important to us. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to 4466 Albany.

G Patel
GM
MOTEL 6 ALBANY AIRPORT 4466
1600 Central Avenue
Albany, NY, 12205
Phone: (518) 456-8982
FAX: (518) 456-8743
m6albanyairport@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Tallahassee, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

I don't usually stay at Motel 6 but I was drawn to this property from a tip from a friend of mine who comes to Albany often to the SUNY campus. I paid something like $72 with taxes and got basically a brand new room.

Wood floors, New beds, New bathrooms, LCD TV, WiFi, the works!

I would definitely recommend this to any traveler; especially those like me who have been paying through the nose on Wolf road for the same room.

Move over, Wolf Road, Motel 6 had your rooms with MUCH better prices!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel Group

3 Thank Roderick L
Subject: Your stay at the Motel 6 - 4466 Albany Airport

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Motel 6 - 4466 Albany airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

1600 Central Avenue
I-87 Exit 2w; I-90 Exit 24
Albany, NY, 12205
Phone: (518) 456-8982
FAX: (518) 456-8743
m6albanyairport@gmail.com
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2011

Never ,ever turn your car into the parking lot there,your better off sleeping in your car.I stay at motel 6 nationwide frequentl and this one the pits.Most have 24 hour coffee in the lobby or a least coffee maker in room here coffee is from 7till 10 and thats it and never ,ever ask for maybe a noon checkout you wont get it they want the cash.I believe this a family run operation and by family i think its grandma and grampa that are the housekeepers thats why room filthy,had to get a bottle of windex and paper towels to shave in the morning i couldnt see in mirror and on checkout day hvac shut down at 10 am on a 90 degree day they want you out quick and they mean it.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Syracuse, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2011

I booked the hotel room online, as it promised to be a clean and economical room. I was on a business trip for one night and didn't require all the amenities as a pleasure trip. I got to the hotel and the check in was quick. The lobby was exactly like the pictures on the website. As I got to my room (#28) I saw a box with about 20 beer bottles in it outside my room. A bug almost hit me in the face, as I opened the door. I turn on some of the lights. The carpeting was stained and burned to the point of disbelief. The two chairs accompanying the small table in the room were covered in a watery brown substance on the cushion and on the legs. The bedside lamp was broken, the sockets were torn from the wall, the tile floor was dirty The bedding was obviously stained. The couch in the room was covered in white stains. I was disturbed and went to the hotel desk to complain. The manager basically yelled at me and asked what I had expected for 45 dollars. He gave me another room, which was almost as bad. I then asked for my money back and he said because I booked online I could not get a refund. I called corporate while I waited the 30 minutes for a receipt, and was told they do not own the hotel outright, the property owner or hotel manager would have to refund me my money. I then had to drive 25 more minute north for another hotel with a vacancy and pay for a second hotel room.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Albany, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

February 1, 2011 - My wife contacted me stating that she needed to pull over and clean her car as the window was icing over off in one of Albany NY worst snow storms. She chose the motel 6 on Central Ave in Albany NY as she felt this would be a safe place. She no more than got out of her car and a man of middle eastern decent exited the motel and proceeded to harass her because she was parked under their overhang and was not a guest of the hotel and demanded that she leave without cleaning her car off. My wife was scared and feared the road conditions, however, this man could care less and forced my wife to depart the area now in fear of her safety from him.
Is this the kind of place you want to stay??

Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Two Rivers, WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2010

The motel is very dated. Room had dirty brown/orange shag carpet. There was some sort of old remote control holder bolted to the night stand. Quilt was old and smelled. Blankets had cigarette burns. Room smelled bad. Stayed in winter and the lower level sidewalk was covered with a layer of very slippery ice. The only thing good about the motel is that is it close to the highway and downtown Albany.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2010

We check-in for this hotel/motel an as entered the room found a Condom!!!! On the bathroom a used one Yikes;(
trying to stay, I took a shower with my flip flops water did not run smoothly, toilet don't flush properly and by the time we hit the bed to sleep Yeez full of Bugs, from bed bugs to thicks, cocrouches lives and death across the room. Please not even think about this place. Everrr and I don't have more space to mention the lowest of lowest customer service Godi is the goddess of nonsense together with her partner, Avoid this place at any cost is totally unworthy! Did I mention after all this they still charged us for using their FILTHY unsanitary bathroom
Yikes, never please NEVER stop here

• Stayed January 2010