“Filthy carpets!”

Motel 6 Albany Airport
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Albany
“Filthy carpets!”
Reviewed 26 September 2005

The carpets were filthy! Worst hotel that we stayed at traveling from
Wisconsin to/from Boston. Also, one of the more expensive. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2005

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed 29 August 2005

How do you spell DUMP, how about "Americas Best" I booked their so called "evergreen" room . It was supposed to have purified air and water. When we arrived the room was "broken" we were given another lovely room in dumpville. Cinder block walls, food stains or who knows what else on the carpets and worst yet, It smelled like Oscar Madison just finished an all night pokerfest including cigars and cigs. We asked for another room since this was beyond any sense of Clean. The next room was just the same. After that I ran to the car and promptly checked into the Holiday Inn on Wolf Road where I took a hot shower to de-tox myself.finally back to civilization. Who ever gave this place any stars must not get out much. I can't imagine getting into the sheets at Americas Best. I'm not sure I've had the correct innoculations for what could be living in them.!!!!!

1 Thank bracklin2
Reviewed 24 August 2005

just got back from spending one night in this hotel and was presently surprised. After not having a picture to go by on trip advisor, I was worried about making my reservation here. But the hotel was clean , comfortable, and reasonably priced. The only set back was the front desk person was talking on the phone the whole time he checked me in. When I asked questions, he answered almost like he was muttering under his breath. I had to ask him to repeat his answers. Maybe its just his demeanor, but I almost walked back out the door. I'm glad I stayed because after that my stay was excellent.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 17 August 2005

I had booked my reservation thru a travel service after reading all the wonderful reviews given to this hotel....and I never dreamed I would receive such forward and disgruntled behavior considering my chirpy, soft spoken demeanor.

I called to clarify an extra charge placed on my account by the hotel after speaking with my credit card company and the travel service...I started off with hi, I am calling in regards....I was immediately cut off by..."no! we're not hiring!" I responded, no I'm not seeking employment, I made a reservation at your hotel through so and so, I would like to confirm my reservation and I'd also like to find out...I was cut off again by "ok, so whats your problem!" (ppl. I am not kidding you)... so I said excuse me? I am trying to explain to you my problem, the representative goes "I have customers waiting" so I said to him, I am a customer- with -a -problem which you havent' given not even 2 mins. of your time and I want to know where this extra surcharge is coming from!...and I was told by the travel service that there should not be a charge to my account as yet, much less a surcharge from you ppl. there already, what is it for!....(I was upset by this time) and ppl.I kid u not...I was answered with "its probably the 2% clearance charge(don't remember if thats exactly what he said it was, cause I was so stunned by what racily came after, which was...) so if you don't know nothing don't say nothing, cause we don't charge extra, ok, is there anything else!" I was still in excuse me! mode and asked him for his name which he quickly and pompously gave up...
As I am writing this I am still stunned and wondering what did I do to deserve that...nothing at all, I guess I should not have called at a busy time or question the extra charge that the travel service and myself could not explain...but if thats the service one gets over the phone can you imagine what you would get in person, away from your home just a state away on their turf...I immediately cancelled & booked elsewhere...I hope nobody else has to put up with this person's way of venting his stressful job...what else could it be. Consider yourself lucky if their staff is not in a bad mood.

2 Thank Kam876
Reviewed 12 August 2005

This hotel is an excellent stay for a business traveller. The rooms are very clean, and the water pressure is EXCELLENT! Staff and location are great. I have joined their frequent stay program and I plan to stay here every time I visit Albany. Rooms are very affordable --- what they should be.

• Stayed August 2005, travelled on business