Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$168
US$147
US$147
  • Breakfast included
CrestHill Suites Albany(Albany)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$178
US$155
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsalbany airportcooked to order breakfastrental caran early flighthotel restaurantpool and hot tubfront desk staffnext morninghotel is cleanshuttle servicefire pitwolf roadbusiness tripwould stay here againcomfortable roomsnice stayfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Stayed here one night on June 6th with family..Queen beds were very comfortable..Room was modern and clean..Lobby and front desk area very nice.. I used exercise equipment and it was top of the line. Hilton Honors member and received free breakfast. Food was good. Definitely recommend if you are in the Albany or Albany Airport area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mikenchris
Natalie R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! I am glad to hear you were able to enjoy our Fitness Center and a great meal the the restaurant. We look forward to seeing you next time you are traveling to the area.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The lobby is lovely; the location between Schenectady and Wolf Road (good restaurants) is very good. The staff was average; for instance, my last name was spelled wrong when I tried to log in to the free wi-fi (they fixed it as soon as I called the front desk) and I had to haggle to get the AAA discount.

The bed was not King-sized but Queen -- disappointing and, we felt, deceptive. We had a few moments to sit in the room before we went out to dinner. There was a strange sound, like a woodpecker in the room, but it wasn't constant. We kept listening; suddenly our toilet burped loudly and we giggled and the tapping noise resumed briefly. We finally realized the condenser in the room refrigerator was making the tapping sound; we left our cool pack and soda in there but unplugged it for overnight as nobody could sleep with the intermittent tapping (I was going to call the desk and tell them there was a miniature drum corps in there; but my sense of humor was waning by this point.)

We came back from dinner to find the bathroom floor wet; apparently (after a night of sleeping with this we think we know that) the toilet bubbles and gurgles when several toilets are flushed at once upstairs (this room was on the 2nd floor of 6 -- room 222) -- that was gross and thankfully we didn't slip on the wet floor when getting up in the night. Of course in the morning several people flushed at once so we had multiple noise and splashes...no showers for us in that bathroom!

Also, the hallway noise was noticeable. Every door that closed near us sounded as if it was slamming; that hasn't happened to us in a similar-grade hotel in a long, long time. Then there was the little girl (presumably) who was out too late and was crying all the way down the hall; we were happy when that door slammed.

We did not call any of this to the attention of the staff; unplugging the refrigerator was a simple fix. The toilet most likely can't be fixed -- it is a major plumbing problem and probably affects most of the lower floor toilets. How to complain about the size of the bed -- my dh actually paced it off to prove to me it was a queen when I was sure it had to be a King in a King-bed room!

So we won't be back -- I'll keep reading your reviews to find a better place in this location. There must be one!!

Room Tip: I'd go with the 6th floor, given our plumbing issues on the 2nd.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NancyVermont

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for for your feedback regarding your stay with us. We appreciate your continuous loyalty to the Hilton brand, and as with all of our guests, take your concerns with the utmost of seriousness. We hold ourselves to the highest of standards and strive to exceed our guests expectations.
I hope the next time you are traveling to the area you are able to find accommodations that are able to better meet your ideal stay, hopefully by giving us another chance to show you how committed we are to guest satisfaction. We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your last visit with us and truly hope to see you again.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I am writing this in the dark on my I-pad as my wife TRIES to sleep. We supposedly have an adjustable king bed. Trouble is not only that the adjustment feature does not work at all, but also that the bed is an uneven lump with huge bumps and holes. Top that off with the fact that the sheet doesn't fit so it keeps coming off the mattress coverless mattress and you have a recipe for disaster. We usually stay in Courtyard Inns or Hampton Inns, including earlier on this trip. They were very nice, but this place is a disaster. Amazingly, it's sold out, which must be a factor of too little real competition.oh yeah, the two business center pc's keep exiting the internet in the middle of whatever it is you were trying to do. At $209++ and no included breakfast! we're slowly disappointed in this brand's lack of quality control.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aowats
Natalie R, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Albany Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I am terribly sorry to hear about the negative experience you had. I hope after speaking with your wife this morning, we were able to rectify the situation for you. I hope the next time you are traveling to the area you will allow us another chance to exceed your expectations. We look forward to seeing you then!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Nice friendly service and help from staff - free internet and free breakfast buffet with a certain rate. Close to airport yet you never heard any noise - quiet and clean surroundings. I woul stay there again for sure!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! It still impresses us what little noise comes from being right across the street from an airport! Glad to hear your enjoyed your stay! We'll see you next time.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just what you'd expect; clean, very friendly and helpful staff, a good breakfast, and a pleasant room. No surprises whatsoever, and that is good. It is too far to walk to the terminal but much closer than the other "airport" hotels. The van service is quite responsive; no need to wait for a scheduled trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! So glad to hear you enjoyed your time here and that the shuttle van proved to be a great amenity for you!
We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the area!