“Flawed but worthwhile”
Review of Provence - Albany

Provence - Albany
Reserve with OpenTable
Provence - Albany is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 687 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Mediterranean, French
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Fuller Road
Albany, NY
“Flawed but worthwhile”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

This is a fine dining establishment, and menu prices are medium-high with most entrees in the $25 - $30 range.

Service was polite but very slow.

There was one error in our orders, but that was quickly rectified.

Prices are a bit high.

The bouilliabase was satisfactory.

The duck confit salad, while containg sufficient duck, contained ordinary roasted duck, not duck confit.

The dipping oil had just the right amount of Pesto added, but table breads were of poor quality.

The French Onion Soup was good, but lacked any hint of the requisite sherry. It was not overly salted.

This establishment has a five Star Wine Bar, replete with a giant mirror.

The ambiance is very good but for the fact that we were seated near the open kitchen and the entire dining area was too warm for comfort, while the bar area was nicely cooled.

Albany, New York, United States
“Great hidden spot for Sunday brunch”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Just a few miles down from the popular Albany brunch spot Madison Cafe, this place offers a delicious brunch without the crowds and wait. You can find it tucked towards the back corner of Stuyvesant Plaza. We enjoyed a delicious bloody marys and excellent food. Service was fantastic and atmosphere was very relaxing. If you are looking for a new place to catch a delicious brunch give this a shot. Brunch on Sunday's starts at 11.

• Visited May 2014
Albany, New York
“Expensive and disappointing Lunch. WORST reuben EVER!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I love writing great reviews, and it is rare that I write something unflattering. But, in this case
lunch was a total and expensive disappointment. I was recently shopping at Stuyvesant Plaza, and decided to have lunch alfresco, since it was a beautiful day! That was my first mistake. I ordered a Pinot Grigio, form Italy, not so great. Next the Reuben panini. Oh boy what a huge error on my part. One would think that you can't go wrong. But I was so dissatisfied. The Reuben arrived, the cheese wasn't melted, very little sauerkraut, no sauce, and the bread tasted like cardboard. The panini was tasteless. I was the only person on the patio, and the service was indifferent. I really felt cheated. Lunch without the tip was 20.00. I have gone several times before, but I won't go back, because there are too many good and reliable restaurants. I just felt cheated and ripped off.

1 Thank Suzanne T
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,147 helpful votes
“C'est très bon!”
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I took my daughter here for lunch on a sultry weekday and we chose to sit outside. The only thing that would have improved our experience here would have been a view of the Mediterranean Sea instead of the Stuyvesant Plaza parking lot.

She opted for a glass of water and a salmon salad; I had an Amstel Light (frosted glass = bonus points) and the bouillabaisse, which was superb. The service was attentive without being obsequious and the value for money was excellent. We will return.

4 Thank Lori12309
Albany, New York
“Bon Appetit!!”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This is a wonderful restaurant! We have eaten here many times and never been disappointed. The food is fantastic; the service unbeatable. Enjoy!!

• Visited April 2014