“Perfect”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 September 2009

My husband and I have only ever had take-out from Katrinella's (we have a small child), but even their takeout is fabulous. Perfect every time. Everything we have had, pizza, salads, appetizers, and entrees are wonderful. Will never get italian from any other place in Albany again. Oh, and they are unbelievably friendly too!

Reviewed 18 August 2009

In town for just one evening, we found Katrinella's listed on tripadvisor. The link to their informative website convinced us to give it a try. We were pleased to discover a small, charming restaurant tucked away on an unassuming block of Madison Ave. Warned ahead by another tripadvisor review, we made a reservation, which was cheerfully accepted. While I ordered a la carte (a fantastic sauteed calamari appetizer, and a sublime spinach manicotti entree), my friends ordered from the "20 dollar three course menu". This "tour of Italy" included a choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert. Piping hot ciabotta bread with a dipping bowl of olive oil, basil, shaved garlic and balsamic vinegar only whetted our appetites. The portions, when they arrived, were almost too much, and we all left with take-home containers. My only wish for the restaurant would be a slightly more extensive wine list (that and they relocate to my home town!). A truly great and unexpected experience! Anyone in Albany should frequent this restaurant, which is less than a year in business, and deserves to remain a fixture in this town for years to come! Two final notes--first, the restaurant is very small, with seating for perhaps 20-24, so call ahead. Second, the text on the menus and wine list is similarly tiny, and I forgot my glasses in the hotel room...don't make the same mistake!

Reviewed 4 August 2009

What a great restaurant! I was so impressed with Katrinella's. This husband and wife run restaurant opened about seven months ago. If they keep up the great service and food they will be open for a long time! The decor is charming and elegant, and I counted only five tables so be sure to make reservations. The food was absolutely delicious. The basket of homemade bread is served with a dipping plate of olive and roasted sliced garlic - heavenly! The four of us each ordered a different entree and everyone loved their choice - lobster ravioli, veal giuseppe, chicken parmigiana, and baked ravioli. Two of us got the three-course $20 dinner which is a tremendous value. The fresh tomato/basil and mozzarella appetizer was amazing and the homemade tiramisu for dessert was some of the best I've had. If you live in or are visiting the Albany area make sure not to miss Katrinella's!

Reviewed 2 August 2009

This is a great restaurant! It does look like a bit of a dive from the outside but it really exceeded my expectations. I believe it has only six tables and you will need a reservation. But, if you are looking for excellent Italian food in Albany then you have found the right place. It may be the best Italian food in Albany and I have been to a lot of the restaurants. The husband and wife team take care of every detail here!

Reviewed 21 July 2009

Awesome food, great prices, service!