“Doesn't get better than this”

Grappa '72 Ristorante
Ranked #2 of 697 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Traditional/Contemporary Italian Cuisine, affordable entrees, great service, and the atmosphere is sure to please.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

From start to finish our meal was wonderful. The wine selection is thoughtful yet pleasing to all. The seafood was cooked to perfection and every time I moved a bit of pasta the steam was rising. It was actually unreal how hot the dish was. The waiter was attentive and nice. He recommended the coconut gelato which was wonderful and plated in the cutest ramekin. The interior is beautiful and them music is great. I'm looking forward to sitting outside this summer. Don't miss this place!

Reviewed 27 June 2014

This was a fantastic place to grab a meal. The staff was friendly, the food was delicious, everything was clean. I thought it was overall a great experience.

2  Thank Kit J
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is the first time we ever dined at Grappa '72 because we were unaware that it even existed. It is in the back of a small strip mall off Central Avenue in Albany, not far from Everett Road. We were given a gift certificate and we are so happy that we used it because now we have found our new favorite Italian restaurant!

The first thing you will notice is the upscale ambiance - nicely decorated with beautiful linens and jazz music playing in the background. Our server, Bagel, made us feel welcome and treated us like honored guests. The other servers who helped out by constantly refilling our water glasses and clearing plates were very good too.

Let's not forget about the AMAZING FOOD!

There are menu choices to please everyone, and all the food was freshly prepared.
The soup of the day, Bean and Bacon, was fantastic. The others in my party had Caesar Salad and Mixed Green Salad and they both enjoyed them very much.
The pasta special of the day, made with sausage and shrimp was outstanding, as was the Pesto Pasta and Uncle Anthony's Pasta with sausage and meatballs. Each entree was served hot, and the pastas were perfectly cooked to al dente. Let us not forget the delicious bread.

We used to go to a national chain restaurant, but we are now converts to Grappa '72 for any Italian meal that we want to satisfy our appetites.

On Wednesday, Thursday and Friday they even have live music from 6:30 - 9 PM. You can check out the entertainment on their website.

My recommendation: Don't miss this one.

1  Thank NYretirednlovinit
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had a business meeting and was taking a client to dinner. Based on reviews here I decided to give it a try.
Although this restaurant is basically located in a strip mall you will be very pleasantly surprised.
There Pasta Fagiola soup is surperb. My understanding is it is made fresh daily. Although I asked for a cup, I think I could have fed three people . I would really say get a salad and this and you would be fine.
Last night they had a pasta and shrimp special that was so flavorful. I regretted that I was traveling and could not take home the very large amount in my dish that I could not finish.
None of my dining party had room left for what looked like equally amazing desserts, although I did have a decaf Cap and it was perfection in a cup.

The décor was well done and the atmosphere was great if you are trying to conduct business.
If you are staying on Washington at any of the hotels there it is just a little over five minutes drive .

1  Thank burtontps
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Start to finish the food was very good. Appetizers (proscutto and arugula, portobella, calamari) were all very good (friends said the portions were smaller than in the past). Salmon, risotto with seafood, veal, vongole, all were delicious. Good wine list and the server knew his stuff. First time trying Grappa, Ill say it was interesting! We were a bit crowded at the first table and people occasionally had trouble getting past our table.

1  Thank Marktheshark027