“Good Food in a Clean Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Bountiful Bread

Bountiful Bread
Ranked #68 of 683 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Albany, New York
“Good Food in a Clean Cafe”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

As a first-time diner here, I am a pleased customer. The menu has a good variety of baked items & pastries and breakfast & lunch options.

I ordered the three-cheese quiche & tomato pesto soup with a breadstick. Both were tasty. My friend ordered an egg & cheese sandwich and it was big and looked good, but I'd have wanted veggie sausage or bacon on it.

I also bought a jar of Saratoga peanut butter & was pleasantly surprised to learn that the purchase came with a loaf of bread or six rolls.

The service was good and the place was bright, clean & spacious. I look forward to going back again!

Creoteam, Owner at Bountiful Bread, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear GBlue:

Thanks for dining at Bountiful. I am very glad you enjoyed your experience. Regarding the egg and cheese sandwich, our team will happily customize sandwiches or salads...just let us know what you'd like, and we'll make it for you.

York, ME
“Good food, but the atmosphere has gone down hill”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

We had lunch there for the second time while in the area on business. They had remodeled to a much more austere, modernistic look that not only takes away the atmosphere, but puts the waiting line surprisingly close to fresh bread. Some odd tables, and quite a few big tables that you have to share when you may not want to. It may be more efficient for them, but not a better customer experience. They could also do a better job of explaining what some of the sandwiches are made of, include, etc. The food is good, but the prices are not cheap.

• Visited February 2014
Creoteam, Owner at Bountiful Bread, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Al-Sue-Maine:

Thanks for visiting Bountiful Bread. I am sorry you did not love the renovations, but you can see the reasons for the renovation in one of my previous responses. Agree that, without the upcoming artwork, the space feels a little austere, but we just finished a photo shoot that produce some really fun art for the space. Good comment on the explanations of menu items. That is not something I thought was lacking, but it's great feedback, and we will address it.

Thanks again for your comments, and we hope to see you again soon.

New York
“They remodeled every bit of atmosphere out of the place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

Bland, washed out, sterile. That's the new Bountiful Bread. They took a place that needed some new furniture and a good clean up and just wrecked the interior. The food is still fine, service is not much faster and prices are on the upper end for what you get, but it is strictly a 'to go' place from now on.

• Visited April 2014
Creoteam, Owner at Bountiful Bread, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Keenefleet:

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you don't like the renovation.

We felt that we needed to address three things with our renovation: 1)reorganize the que/order scenario to reduce guest confusion, 2)create a dedicated express register for phone and online order pickups and grab 'n go convenience, 3) build a vestibule/airlock to keep our guests more comfortable in our humid summers and cold, drafty winters. In order to accomplish all this, we could not avoid a major renovation. Finally, we also felt that we should "thank" our loyal guests with a cleaner, more modern interior.

I am sorry that you did not like the final renovation, but I hope my response elucidates the thought process which drove the design.

Brian, VP White Management
Cambridge, Minnesota
“Wonderful ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

The food here is wonderful. I was looking for a quick lunch spot without the typical fast food and this was a great choice. If I am ever back in the area I will eat here again.

Creoteam, Owner at Bountiful Bread, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear MRP789:

Thank you for the great review of Bountiful Bread. Our team takes great pride in delivering great, fresh and healthy food at a reasonable price. Thanks again, and we look forward to serving you again soon.

Brian White, VP White Management
“Great then... great now.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

When my wife and I lived in Guiderland we frequented this place a lot. Even though its limited to hot/cold sandwiches, salads, soups and such, it was still a place you could go to once a week. We, unfortunately for our cafe palette, we moved away and havent been back since August, 2013...

It went under construction for a remodel and opened back up in February 2014. We happened to be down in the area after the reopen to grab some grub.

Good to see the great taste hasnt changed. Got my go-to fave, the cobb salad. Its massive. So satsifying. So good. No need to get anything. But if you do, get a smear of tuna. Yum.

Sandwhiches and soups are always good. The bakery has great breads and sweets. They always had focaccias (sic) in the case that looked amazing.

The remodel looked to add more space in the dining room however also kicked up the prices a tad. Oh well. 11 bucks for a salad the side of your head seems legit... I will say the remodel does make it a little less cozy inside. Its very bright and modern, sleek. No more fireplace.

Regardless, its cafe food you could easily use as a meal or plenty of baked goods to get for home, dinner or festivities.

Open one in Toga. Please.

1 Thank mgag1209
Creoteam, Owner at Bountiful Bread, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Mgag,

Thanks for visiting Bountiful before and after. Glad to have you in again after the remodel.

Thank you for the great review.