“Property in need of loving care”

Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany
Ranked #26 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We recently stayed at this property and must say that htis hotel is in dire need of a good cleaning, overall maintenance and replacement of some of the very old furniture in the rooms.
The location is very good, across from a mall and great dining options in that area; which makes it even more surprising that this property has been allowed to be in such a poor state of repair.
The staff at the front desk are very pleasant and friendly; both our wake-up calls were on time and the area is surprisingly quiet at night, allowing for a good night sleep; matresses are comfortable (boxsprings need repair).

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Sent the following E-mail to the Guest:

October 2, 2013

Dear Travelodge Guest,

Thank you for your September 30th TripAdvisor Review. regarding your recent stay at Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

To address your comment . . “Property in need of loving care”; we are planning on doing a major renovation to our hotel either late this fall or early spring. The drawings for this renovation has been approved by the Building Department and we are now in the process of negotiations with a contractor.

We appreciate your positive comments about the great location, comfortable beds and quietness of the hotel.

Thank you so much for taking the time to compliment our staff. It is not often that a guest makes an effort to recognize how our staff made a difference and met their expectations. I will make sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We hope you will select our hotel again the next time you are in the area and will look forward to welcoming you again.

If I can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at 518-785-6626, Ext. 174 or my cell phones at 518-577-0143.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I did read reviews prior to booking and figured the rate was low around $50 bucks a night.I am in town for nine nights and well I go cheap.

The good: Room is quiet. Bed very comfortable (king with four pillows). During day with window open very sunny, as well as good lighting. Good heating for the chilly autumn nights also. I also have a frig in the room. Love the coffee pot with coffee also. Lots of outlets for my laptop and other gadgets. Bathroom is decent size and towels very soft. Great location. Easy on off the highway with many places to go in a very shot distance from the hotel. Free parking, have stayed at properties in San Francisco and in South Florida and you pay to park. Lots of channels on the TV if you want to watch it.

The ok: breakfast, seems the only bread they have for toast is an English Muffin, and peanut butter was in a container that looks like someone brought from home ( plastic thing). Two cereals. On my first two days I went up for toast, and noticed the oranges were going bad, and limited on fruit. Its ok, I didn't want it. Two types of milk and two juices. Syrup was in a large container and if your restricted on sugar intake, it was not user friendly. Again, a small thing, if I wanted a waffle I would have asked. Two Starbucks on either end of Wolf Road...my needs were met.

The not so hot but I can live with because I just can: Check in lady grouchy (Thursday night late evening). Perhaps she is not a night person. Room smelled very musty, but I carry febreze with me and by day two smell taken care of. I don't think they section off smokers from non as the hallways smelled at times of cigarettes. Upon check I used the bathroom and dirty towels were on hook behind door as well as some trash. I can live with it. Rest of floor looked clean and swept so did not say anything. The hot water in the sink comes out the right side where the cold usually does, and the left side is tagged hot and it is cold.

The really...again moment was Sunday out all day and came back to the room still not being done. Yes I had the I am out on an adventure thing on the door. I understand the need to take of check outs, but really it was 3:30P. I took out my own trash, towels and helped myself to more items off the cart in the hallway. The ladies were on a smoke break out the side door when I returned.

The here we go again moment was today again thing on door and room not done. Took my own stuff to her cart and the lady was very nice and gave me new towels and coffee. What ever I needed.

Overall people nice enough and it is clean. I know they change all the linens on checkouts as I see all those rooms stripped every day when I come in. I also know they vacuum daily when they do get to do my room as I use powder and it was on the carpet. I don't care so much about someone making a bed, it is just getting the towels, coffee, and emptying out my trash and dirty linens. Get rid of the little door hanger saying room ready to be cleaned. The value for my buck is good.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Sent the following E-mail to the guest:

Sent the following to the guest’s personal E-mail and to the TripAdvisor Response Center:

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review concerning your current eight day stay at our Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

Thank you for your positive comments regarding location, our staff, size of room, comfort of room temperature and even mentioning the availability of electrical outlets.

Your comments regarding your room service, or should I say lack of room service, caused a domino affect. I immediately, called the General Manager, Wanda Nolen, Wanda called the Head Housekeeper, and the Head Housekeeper is now talking to her staff. We apologize for your room not being serviced daily. It is our policy to change the bed linen every other day when guests stay longer than one day. However, daily service should include: vacuuming, garbage removal, fresh towels, washcloths, and replacing guest amenities (coffee, soap, shampoo, etc.). I regret that you did not report this to Wanda or a front desk representative on the second day of your stay.

We will check out the faucets in the sink. Thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I am confident that you will find a significant difference in the cleanliness of your room when you return tonight.

I apologize for your inconvenience and am confident that the final two nights of your stay will erase “some” of your negative thoughts concerning our Travelodge, Albany Airport.

DIrector - Guest Relations
518-785-6626, Ext. 174

Reviewed 23 September 2013

This hotel doesn't look like much from the outside but the room was nice, clean, in good condition and staff were very friendly and helpful, especially for the really cheap price!! ($63. for two dbl beds for two people) The breakfast was not fancy but certainly adequate. The location was great as well, right across from Colonie Mall and close to Albany Airport.

Room Tip: There are no elevators that I noticed. We were on second floor and it was quiet.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Sent the following E-mail to the guest:

Dear Valued Guest:

We appreciate your very positive review regarding your stay at Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport.

We were very pleased to read your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel and the friendliness of our staff. Our entire Travelodge Team extends their thanks.

Our Owner especially appreciated your comments regarding our hotel being a good value and in a good location.

We hope to see you during your next visit to the Albany/Colonie area.

Cocca's Hotels / Travelodge Inn & Suites

Reviewed 22 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Marilyn12110, Public Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

Reviewed 17 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2013

Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I thought I would give this place a 2nd chance WHY !!!
asked for non smoking room got smoking Why !!
room still had mould but was painted over Why !!!
why did I give this place a 2nd chance Why !!!
why is this place still open Why !!!
Mr Coca (Rocky) needs to work on his business instead of dads old line of work the hotels would do better so go if you dare playing with your money just two words come to mind bates motel
and one more why
WHY would you go there and marlyn don't write back ok

• Stayed: September 2013

We are sorry that we could not satisfy the guest.

Reviewed 10 September 2013