“Our stay” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany

Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany
Ranked #27 of 50 Hotels in Albany

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
nova scotia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were tired and a couple of hotels we tried were full. Stopped here as it looked okay and was near shopping and places to eat. Was not impressed with the lobby, but as I said we were tired. Checked in went yo our room, bed was messy, underwear on floor, very dirty looking. Told the person in the lobby so she gave us a new room, no apology, nothing to say we are sorry for our mistake. The new room was clean and turned out to be fine, but the bad taste was still there so swayed our rating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this review, 27 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

Our hotel's performance is based on our guest reviews. If it were not for your review, we would not have been aware of the "BAD start" during your first encounter with our hotel and staff. We apologize that the first room you checked into was not thoroughly cleaned. Please accept this apology in behalf of our entire Travelodge Team, including our Owner.

We appreciate your mentioning that the second room met your expectations.

We would appreciate your giving our Travelodge, Albany Airport “ANOTHER” Start. If you graciously decide to grant give us an opportunity to show you that we. . “CAN AND WILL DO BETTER"; I promise that your “SECOND START” will be a good one!!!!

P.S. We will be performing a major upgrade to our hotel late this winter into the early spring of 2015. The upgrade includes: faster Internet access, new carpeting in hallways, new TV's and repainting the guest rooms, where needed.Sincerely,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed on 8/20. about 3. At first the clerk didn't seem to friendly, but it turned she was having a problem on the phone. When it was our turn to check in she check with house keeping to make sure the room was ready. We had room 117, we found the room clean. The pillows left a lot to be desired, but we had brought our own other than that the bed was comfortable. The Wi Fi worked and we got a free USA which was unexpected but welcome. The parking wasn't the greatest when we came back at night, but we found a place. Continental Breakfast was great, the coffee so so, but they had two type of muffins, cereal, and you could make your own waffle which was great. For the money the place was great. I only have one suggestion they have a book in the room with some details , it should have instruction on how to lower or shut off the AC all it state on the AC that it is controlled by the thermostat on the wall and I'll agree it looked simple enough but when I try it I put the heat on, so I put it back where it was and left it alone. All in all if I'm in the area again I'll see if room is available and stay again well worth it

Room Tip: Make sure you know how to operate the AC and heat depending on the time of the year
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Sent the following to the guest’s E-mail:

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor Review pertaining to your recent stay at our Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. Your positive comments and four star rating were very much appreciated.

We were pleased to see that the our hotel and rate met your expectations; and that you enjoyed the Bear Bites Continental Breakfast and “USA Today”.

We have purchased new pillows since your stay and will be replacing the old ones.

I would like to take this opportunity to let you know that we will be upgrading our hotel late this year into early spring of 2015. The upgrades will include: faster Internet access/speed, painting the guest rooms, new TV’s and new hallway carpeting.

Your input to insert more detailed instructions on how to operate the AC in the book that is in the guest room is a great suggestion and much appreciated.

Thank you for indicating that you will stay at our Travelodge again during your next trip to the Capital District area. We were pleased to see that you are al Wyndham Rewards member. It is our goal to add your to our list of loyal “Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport Be-Backers”.

Franklin, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2014

Stayed overnight with my wife in the room with the king bed. The room was typical for this level hotel. Best feature was the bed, very confortable, except for the cheap pillows, not much to rest your head on and could use more of them. Still we had a good night's sleep. A/C was nice and cold, had to turn it down. Free breakfast we skipped, as it did not appeal to us. Price was oK for the area. Woud probally stay here again as we know what to expact.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
      Cleanliness

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for taking the time to write a TripAdvisor Review pertaining to your recent stay at our Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport. Your three star rating was very much appreciated.

We were pleased to see that the our hotel and rate met your expectations; and the bed was comfortable.

Thank you for indicating that you “probably would stay” at our Travelodge again and sincerely hope to see you during your next trip to the Capital District area. We were pleased to see that you are al Wyndham Rewards member. It is our goal to add your to our list of loyal “Travelodge Inn & Suites, Albany Airport Be-Backers.

P.S. Guess what!!! We have purchased new pillows and replaced the old ones, Therefore, that is one less item you will have to pack during your next stay at our Travelodge.
Albany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

I recently stayed at the Travelodge at 42 Wold Rd. in Albany NY. Wow what a difference from the previous Albany property. Upon my arrival the desk clerk had a child behind the desk. He was drawing and pretty much being a young kid. I was assigned my room - located on the second floor, this property had NO elevator. I went to the room, it was very small. I checked it out and found that someone used the toilet and did not flush. I went downstairs and asked to change the room. After looking in the computer, dealing with other guests and the young child, I was give a room on the ground floor level. Walking to this room - the hallway carpets were damp, dirty, and smelled. My room was much larger than above, but it also had a damp smell. Since I was only going to stay the one night, I decided it would be OK.
I went out for a business meeting and upon my arrival back I found that the hotel did not have any wi-fi connection. I was told it should be back soon. I tried again - called the desk and was told that maintenance would have to work on it. By the way, the room phone was dirty and had hair on the receiver. I got up around 5 AM and the wi-fi was back.
I probably will never stay at another Travelodge - this is the second time I found the property to not be up to quality standards. Dirty - smelly hallways and semi-friendly staff. They really need to update and clean up this chain.

Room Tip: Make sure the room is clean and hallways and public areas do not smell.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Marilyn12110, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge Inn and Suites Albany, responded to this review, 22 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest:

I would like to take a few minutes of your time to respond to your comments:

Your First Guest Room – We forwarded your review to our Head Housekeeper. She is setting up a new procedure regarding checking the rooms carefully prior to a guest’s arrival. We sincerely apologize that this occurred.

Dirty Phone – Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will make sure our Housekeeping staff checks ALL the phones in the guest rooms.

Child Behind the Desk – This is not only non-professional; but also “UNACCEPTABLE”. We have spoken to our staff member.

WIFI – We discovered the problem with the WIFI was that it was the Internet Provider working on an issue from their end.

Hallways - Due to the heavy rainstorms and humidity, we are “fighting” a musty odor throughout the hallways and guest rooms. Our Head Housekeeper has changed the brand of freshener to a more powerful professional brand, which was recommended by our cleaning supplies vendor. Additionally, we will be undergoing an extensive upgrade throughout our entire building during the latter part of this year into the early spring of 2015. During the upgrade, we will be removing the wall paper, which is also adding to the musty odor.

Semi Friendly Staff – I apologize if our staff did not appear responsive to your concerns.

Summary – We hope you will reconsider your statement and return to our Travelodge, Albany Airport as well as other Travelodge properties. Our owner will be addressing the issues above with the staff and I assure that you will find a significant difference if you grant us the privilege of a second time around.