“nice hotel”

Ranked #25 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Upstate NY
“nice hotel”
Reviewed 2 September 2008

My friend and I stayed at Cresthill in August 08 for 2 days on a moms weekend away trip. We had the 2 queen bed studio. I must say my bed was extremely comfortable, so I was pleasantly surprised. I normally have problems with mattresses in hotels. Upon arrival there was a gift basket with microwave popcorn and mint candies, in the fridge were 2 sodas and 1 water. Our room was very clean and trust me...I'm picky! The shower had great water pressure. There was adequate room for our scrapbooking on the bar. The AC worked very well and there were 2 windows that opened up without fighting with them.

The only problem we had was the maid didn't leave us any washclothes or towels on the 2nd day. My friend called and they stated that they ran out, but gave us hand towels and pool towels in place of it. Later someone brought us some more towels and washclothes. I guess we would of been [-] if we didn't notice or were to timid to ask. Oh, the hair dryer didn't work either. The pool is very small for a hotel pool and it's outside, no inside pool.

We didn't have the contential breakfast because we preferred to get to sleep late for a change!!! Overall, I would stay there again and hope I didn't have any problems like some of the other guests. It's a nice hotel and would be great for a family to stay since there would be more room for the kids to play in the room.

• Liked — size of room
  • Disliked — no towels
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Poohbear73099

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Korean first
Freehold, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2008

JUST AWFUL
DIRTY,RUDE STAFF,CRAPPY FOOD, JUST AWFUL
we booked a gals getaway for 4 days and we ended up having to clean our own room,
there was candy in the corner on the floor when we arrived and it was still there when we left.
urine around the toliet /we cleaned it
the ice maker didnt work in the fridge and you think we were stealing it from them when we asked for some
children running all over the lobby and pool no one watching them,teenagers stealing beer from the food area at night \no one was watching that ,
just awful
have already booked homewood suites for next trip in sept.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank joni54
Albany, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2008

My husband and I stayed there during a visit to his parent's home. It was hot and they didn't have AC, so after one night with them, we began a search for a nice local hotel. Everything was booked up solid because of the Saratoga race season, but then we found this place. What a gem it turned out to be!

The lobby was nice but basic and the staff warm and quick to check us in. I think there may have been warm cookies at the desk when we checked in.

Our room was a king suite with vaulted ceilings. It made the large room seem huge. There was a kitchenette with full sized appliances and a basket of snacks on the breakfast bar (Pepperidge Farm cookies, granola bar, chocolates microwave popcorn and a pack of lifesavers candy) included with the room. There were two bottles of chilled water in the fridge also included. The livingroom area was about 12' x 17' and had a 3-seater couch, comfy arm chair with a reading light next to it, a coffee table and lamp table next to the couch, bunch of great lighting and large screen TV with all the basic hotel cable. The windows were large, beatuiful and they actually opened! The central air was quiet and worked great. The sleeping area was about 10' x 10' and had a great king size bed with tons of pillows and luxurious bedding. There was a dresser and two night stands plus a full closet with mirrored doors. There was an alcove wash area to the side of the sleeping area, and within that there was a door to the toilet and bathtub/shower combination. The shower head was pretty big and gave great water pressure.

When we got back that evening from dinner, we found the turn down service has closed the drapes, turned down the bed and left chocolate mints on our pillows. Around 9:00 PM I discovered that the lobby had an abundance of hot beverages (coffee, tea, hot chocolate), fresh apples and microwave popcorn, as well as a large wide screen TV and bunches of comfy couches and armchairs to enjoy. I'm an avid herbal tea drinker, so I was thrilled with the selection, and the hot water was plentiful and somehow always pipping hot (which you don't find at most hotels). There was a mini-microwave there as well for the popcorn, and I peeked inside to see how clean it was and have to say it was very clean (big surprise). The half-and-half and sweetners and beverage condiments were always full and very neat. Even though the hotel was booked solid (we got their last room after a cancellation), the common areas always looked as if they were just touched up.

We didn't try the fitness room and I only had cereal for breakfast , but everything else was excellent.

Overall the room was crips, modern and very comfotable.

I highly recommend staying here and requesting a king suite withvaulted ceilings on the top floor !

This past July, my mother-in-law hosted a tea in one of the regular size suites on the 2nd floor and found it to be a nice size for a couple, or maybe even a couple with one child, but the room was not as large as our suite, and didn't offer as much in terms of lighting, space and decor, but had all the essentials, such as bed, bathroom, work desk, couch, arm chair etc. And her kids loved the pool area, which was large with lots of chairs, tables and towels. So I would suggest the top floor for a more "wow" experience and check out the pool if the wealther is warm enough.

• Liked — The gorgeous room
  • Disliked — I loved it all.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GirlGenX
NewYork, New York
Reviewed 18 July 2008

While going away to Freshman Orientation at UAlbany, my family and I had booked a two bedroom suite at this hotel. Trusting it would be a good hotel because of the mostly good ratings it had recieved, however, from the moment we walked through the door it was awful. The air conditioning was not working and it was 90 degrees out. after getting the room key we realized that we didn't need one because the door was broken and all we needed to do was push it open. inside this room was not a two bedroom suite, but a single bedroom suite with broken air conditioning. after going to the front desk asking for another room they said that there was an error with the booking, althought we talked to them at the front desk almost two months ago. The only thing that i could say was good about this hotel was the fact that we were refunded and went t a different (and much better) hotel.

• Liked — Leaving ASAP
  • Disliked — Everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank obenschnitzel
florida
Reviewed 12 July 2008

My family and I have stayed here several times in the past few years to visit my in-laws. Until this past 4-day stay, I would have given it a higher rating. However, something terrible must have happened in the past 1 year since we were last here. Check-in was a nightmare because our 2-bedroom confirmation showed up as a single room. They said something about computer switching to explain the error. I was lucky I had a print-out of my reservation. Then, when they found a 2-bedroom and we went to it, there was a big water leak right over one of the beds, and it was just SOAKED; there were ants all over both bedrooms and the living area; and the phones were completely out. Kind of an unbelievable combination. So, they gave us 2 studios right next to each other--they were fine, but on our third day, despite the fact that I hung out the "please make up room" sign from 9 am to when we got back that night at 930 pm, the housekeepers had never even made it up! We were tired, so I didn't even bother to call--we just showered and went to bed. Overall, extreme disappointment.

• Liked — availability of suites
  • Disliked — upkeep and service
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank floridatraveldad
Vestal, NY
Reviewed 9 May 2008

I originally found this hotel by accident, just looking for a place to stay at the last minute. Well...I love this place and have returned at least ten more times. If you are a repeat customer they will give you a great rate.
The King suite is spacious and comfortable. The bedroom is separate from the livingroom and kitchen area making it easier to put the little ones to bed in a quiet space. The rooms have always been clean and fresh, and the welcome basket of goodies is a pleasant surprise. Decent sized kitchen in the King suite.
I will continue to stay in the future.

• Liked — space, kitchen, relaxing
  • Disliked — no restaurant, no roomservice
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Serephina
Central NY
Reviewed 22 March 2008

I travel to Albany regularly on business and to visit family. I have stayed at Cresthill at least a dozen times and recommend it to my friends and colleagues. It is clean and well maintained. Staff are courteous and helpful. The kitchen saves plenty of time and money. The light evening meal and social hour is quick, easy, relaxing and a great feature. The breakfast buffet starts the day off on the right foot. A great place! This hotel should expand to NYC area because I travel there regularly as well.

• Liked — accommodations in the suite
  • Disliked — fitness center - more cardio would be nice
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled on business