“Thanks, Living Social! We'll be back!”
Review of Risotto

Risotto
Ranked #44 of 687 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,174 helpful votes
“Thanks, Living Social! We'll be back!”
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just love Living Social. These coupons have gotten us to go to places that we would never even have considered.
We made a Thursday night reservation (I was armed with a gift coupon for my son and his girlfriend, and one for my husband and me. The restaurant would only accept one per table, despite my request for separate checks. Oh, well.)

It’s a small place, surprisingly intimate for a strip mall. The employees are young and attractive and I knew right off the bat that the service would be pleasant and attentive, but not stiff or overly-mannered. The mayor of Albany was “in da house” at what must have been an “election thing.”

My husband and I were seated at a nice table for four and waited for our son and his girlfriend to join us. Herein I present my Big Beef: I am 53 and can kick your *ss on a treadmill at the gym, but I cannot read a menu in a frosted laminated page cover in dim light.

When our guests arrived, we ordered beverages (a glass of house merlot and a Heineken, water and a Pepsi ®) and the spinach/artichoke wonton appetizer. The wine and beer were great—the wontons were beautiful and delicious—crispy, creamy, savory.

I ordered the scallops/sweet corn risotto; my husband ordered the “Philly,” our son’s girlfriend a risotto with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage and our son the sweet and sour salmon. All our entrees were preceded by house salads---gorgeous fresh greens lightly tossed with a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette.

Well, everything was delicious. We all swapped bites and raved. No one had room for dessert.

Our check, after a $40 discount was about $83 for two glasses of wine, a beer, a soda, an appetizer and four dinners. It was a decentvalue.
We will probably be back (and I will bring a magnifying glass and a flashlight!)

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Lori12309

Wynantskill, New York
“Quiet and Calm”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced lunch in an unhurried atmosphere where conversation can actually be heard, rather than fast paced **** Bread, this is the place. Conveniently located directly across from Memorial Hospital, Risotto offers a variety of items--salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts--for lunch. I enjoy relaxing my way through lunch deep in conversation with attentive wait staff who sense when to leave you alone. Since I have eaten here at least once a month for 6 months, I can truthfully say this review describes consistent behavior and food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HopeLady
“Yummy Mediterranean”
Reviewed 15 October 2013 via mobile

The two times I have eaten here I have tried their appetizer platter and the chicken cordon blue risotto. The tatziki is absolutely delicious and the hummus is so fresh. The chicken cordon blue pasta is awesome even though I am swelled from all of the sodium the next day! There are no draft beers and the martinis are super expensive. A definite must try.

Visited October 2013
Albany, New York
“Go to place for risotto for lunch!”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I had the Chicken Philly Risotto & thoroughly enjoyed it. My sister ordered the gorgonzola bowl with chicken. As the menu described this salad as coming with iceberg lettuce, she asked whether mesclun greens could be substituted. They were definitely accomodating. Also, when she asked for some bread, after a little bit of a wait, they brought over some nicely seasoned & toasted pita sections. I'm giving this restaurant a 4 star rating, only because, while her salad was delicious, it could have been a bit larger with more greens in it. When I'd had lunch here previously, they offered some nice flatbread selections, suitable for lunch with a salad. We'd ordered one that was like a gourmet pizza & shared it as an appetizer. I would have ordered it again but it was no longer on the lunch menu. I see online though that they still offer some flatbread selections under their brunch menu. Lastly, nice atmosphere & beautiful restroom too!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank fba5
Albany, New York
“A Nice Surprise”
Reviewed 17 June 2013

I enjoy Tapas and trying many different selections. Risotto has a nice selection of small plates and a good number of entrees. On our first trip we had the Mushroom Napoleon (Excellent) and the Gorgonzola Bowl Gorgonzola Bowl (very tasty and super fresh). Split the entrée of Sweet Corn Scallop Risotto which was good but not a knockout. Going back to try some of the other Tapas items which look delicious. Still some bugs to work out with service but overall very good.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Risotto? Share your experiences!