“Little gem of a restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 681 Restaurants in Albany
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Child-friendly
Upstate New York
“Little gem of a restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

The food and atmosphere was so very good here. Pleasant, efficient service as well. I'm anxious for my husband to go as I know he would enjoy it. Will defiantly go back.

• Visited December 2013

Slingerlands, New York
“Not your typical menu!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Had wanted to try the restaurant for a while, finally got here for a business dinner with a group of about 10. The room is welcoming, dimly lit, very comfortable. The menu is very varied, and really interesting. Yes, they have many different risotto dishes, but also Mediterranean, small plates, you will find it difficult to choose.

The entrees come with a small mixed green salad, nice that it is included. A basket of crispy flatbread and an oils garlic dip is in the table. I had the Tuscan swordfish, really good. Several fairly large pieces of swordfish, cooked perfectly, which is a rare find. Here is the menu description:

"*tuscan swordfish - grilled swordfish topped with sautéed artichoke, oyster mushrooms, and capers over orzo. finished with toasted pine nuts, pink peppercorns and light white truffle oil drizzle. accompanied by a vegetable medley. "

It was REALLY good. Lots of mushrooms, the combination of flavors was great. My only complaint is that the dish could have been done with less oil.

Great dinner, I will be back!

• Visited December 2013
Ghent, New York
“Mediterranean Pleasure”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is a lovely, comfortable spot for lunch, cocktails and dinner. The "risotto" offerings are creative and selections are a little different from other area restaurants. Reasonably priced, ample parking, easy to get to too.

Visited November 2013
Niskayuna, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,139 helpful votes
“Thanks, Living Social! We'll be back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

I just love Living Social. These coupons have gotten us to go to places that we would never even have considered.
We made a Thursday night reservation (I was armed with a gift coupon for my son and his girlfriend, and one for my husband and me. The restaurant would only accept one per table, despite my request for separate checks. Oh, well.)

It’s a small place, surprisingly intimate for a strip mall. The employees are young and attractive and I knew right off the bat that the service would be pleasant and attentive, but not stiff or overly-mannered. The mayor of Albany was “in da house” at what must have been an “election thing.”

My husband and I were seated at a nice table for four and waited for our son and his girlfriend to join us. Herein I present my Big Beef: I am 53 and can kick your *ss on a treadmill at the gym, but I cannot read a menu in a frosted laminated page cover in dim light.

When our guests arrived, we ordered beverages (a glass of house merlot and a Heineken, water and a Pepsi ®) and the spinach/artichoke wonton appetizer. The wine and beer were great—the wontons were beautiful and delicious—crispy, creamy, savory.

I ordered the scallops/sweet corn risotto; my husband ordered the “Philly,” our son’s girlfriend a risotto with shrimp, chicken and Andouille sausage and our son the sweet and sour salmon. All our entrees were preceded by house salads---gorgeous fresh greens lightly tossed with a raspberry balsamic vinaigrette.

Well, everything was delicious. We all swapped bites and raved. No one had room for dessert.

Our check, after a $40 discount was about $83 for two glasses of wine, a beer, a soda, an appetizer and four dinners. It was a decentvalue.
We will probably be back (and I will bring a magnifying glass and a flashlight!)

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank Lori12309
Wynantskill, New York
“Quiet and Calm”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

If you are looking for a reasonably priced lunch in an unhurried atmosphere where conversation can actually be heard, rather than fast paced **** Bread, this is the place. Conveniently located directly across from Memorial Hospital, Risotto offers a variety of items--salads, sandwiches, appetizers and desserts--for lunch. I enjoy relaxing my way through lunch deep in conversation with attentive wait staff who sense when to leave you alone. Since I have eaten here at least once a month for 6 months, I can truthfully say this review describes consistent behavior and food.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank HopeLady

Been to Risotto? Share your experiences!