“BED BUGS STAY AWAY”

Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
“BED BUGS STAY AWAY”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

Me and my wife stayed here in January 2012. She is HIGHLY allergic to INSECT BITES, and we woke up and found that she was bitten all over herself. We pulled back the bed sheets and it was INFESTED! Instead of giving me a full refund, they procedeed to give me a gift certificate, that I STILL have not used. Oh and front desk was VERY rude!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kristina B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2012

I would not recommend staying at this Motel 6 in Albany, New York. We arrived at the front desk and Myron, front desk agent, was snarly and snipey. There seems to be working girls and gang-bangers at this motel. Several women approached Myron while I was being checked in, and he said to them: "Not now honey. Go back to your room. My boss is coming down." He told us to drive to the back of the building to find our room. When we walked into the corridor (back of the building), we were greeted by gang-bangers and what looked to be several prostitutes hanging about going from room to room. We had already paid for the room and we were exhausted. Otherwise, we would have gone somewhere else. Room smelled to the high heavens like Febreeze. I could barely breathe in the room the toxic-perfume of Febreeze permeated the air, my clothes and my hair upon check-out. Bad, bad place to stay - would not recommend it to anyone. Find somewhere else to stay in Albany ... keep driving.

Room Tip: If you must stay at this Motel 6 in Albany, New York, make certain you take a room in the front near...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank traveller1899
Clifton, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2012

I stayed here New years eve 2012. Actually I was only there for about 8 hours because me and my husband were to intoxicated to drive. The next morning when we woke up he had bug bites allllll over him!!!! They wouldn't give us a full refund instead a gift certificate (that i didnt want) and apologized and said they would take care of it. Long story short I called coorporate nothing still happened. DONT STAY HERE!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Elyria, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

After checking in at 10pm, we left by midnight. Should have known the place was questionable as to its safety and security as the "secure" door we were to enter thru was propped open by a chair and 2 men were hanging out drinking beer by the parking lot. Just needed a place to get some sleep on a long trip, so we decided to stay. Bad mistake. Must be a party hotel or a place frequented by prostitutes. Noise from the next room was unbearable. One of the door security latches was broken, the shower head was not secured properly, the wiring coming from a/c unit looked unsafe. What a nightmare. Got our money back and left. Makes me wonder what Motel 6's standards are.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Baltimore, MD
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

I don't know if it was the abandoned construction lot next door, or the fact that after 10:00 PM you can't enter the lobby (you have to check-in through bullet proof glass outside), but this hotel gives off very bad vibes! There were many people standing around outside after dark and on several occasions cars would drive into the parking lot, stay for a few minutes, and then leave. There was a large woman waiting in the lobby for what I can only assume was her "client." The "non-smoking" room smelled like someone had just gone through a carton of cigarettes just before we arrived. The door did not close properly...luckily the safety lock worked. We checked out a day early just to get out of the area!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
US
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

When writing a review it’s important that you offer clear, accurate information. You want to help future travelers determine whether or not a certain property is right for them. Looking back on this Hotel, I don’t think its right for anyone.

Located in a rather questionable area, combined with low lighting, this property, in desperate need of a complete overhaul, would make even the most courageous person a little nervous. This is one motel you probably would not want to check into after the sun goes down.

The hotel accepts pets which has always been a concern for me as let’s face it, this means the carpets and spreads, were at one time another, “blessed” by these furry friends. Unfortunately this property uses the old fashioned bed spreads and they are not cleaned between guests.

I’m a little embarrassed to stay I have stayed here on a few occasions when I require nothing more than a room with hot water.

I put up with everything from leaking ceilings, to hallway carpets that have never seen a shampooer to ice machines that do not work to loud screaming parties in adjacent rooms. I do so because I travel frequently and know to expect very little from an “American Budget property”.

On my last visit I arrived late in the evening to find a gang of kids, no doubt from the City, hanging around the property and lobby. They may very well have known the Desk Rep. who was working. I approached the gentleman to check in, as I have done in the past, opening my wallet to grab a credit card and tip. To my surprise he mumbled something about “a problem with his computers” and that “my name was somehow possibly confused with a person who was a ‘disturbance’ in the past”. I assured him I wasn’t the guy as I am an 8th grade Catholic School Teacher and I certainly didn’t cause any disturbance in the past. I also tried to explain to him if that was in fact the case it would have been brought up when I made the reservation several days ago. The Desk Rep. seemed to have agreed and decided he should call the Manager. Unfortunately, after a few seconds he got scared of that idea for one reason or another, got more confused, and then said “I can’t check you in”. I had to laugh as what else can you do at night when you need a room and are exhausted from a long drive?

I asked him why the management didn’t have the foresight to at least call me ahead of time with this problem? Looking back, maybe they were hoping I didn’t show so they could still charge the credit card.

So at that late hour away I went in search of another hotel room, which by the way is much easier than it sounds. What was even funnier was I found out later the hotel I ended up staying at was owned by the same company!

When I returned home from my trip I called the Home Office of Motel 6 to first request a refund on my card, and second, ask for an apology. The people at the Home Office didn’t have a clue as to what I was saying. They have never heard of such a thing and couldn’t make sense of it. They said that some of their units are franchised and they have no control over what goes on. That’s funny, I thought that was the whole idea of a “chain”. I don’t have to tell you, nobody called back with an apology.

For the above, and many other reasons, I certainly cannot recommend this Motel 6.

Room Tip: As one traveler to another - you should pass on this one ...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank IslandWayne
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

After being treated poorly by the front desk clerk at the Red Roof Inn, I called this Motel 6 location and was able to reserve a room for a whopping $40 cheaper. (In general, this motel was $30-$40 cheaper than the others I called, no coupon needed either). Upon late arrival at Motel 6, we were greeted by courteous service, a well-lit parking lot and clean & quiet hallways for a Saturday night. The room was very comfy both cleanliness and temperature wise. There were laundry facilities on the first floor (1.25/wash and dryer), as well as vending machines. No "extended cable" -- in fact very few channels --, but they offer Wifi (at an additional $2.99/24 hours).

This motel was a great find, it would definitely be a place we would stay at again.

Room Tip: I don't believe this motel has an elevator so reserving a room on the first floor would be best...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple