“Stinky Rathole”
Review of Motel 6 Albany

Motel 6 Albany
Ranked #42 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 14 September 2007

We spent one night and were pleased as the day begun, so we could leave this place.
Be prepared, to discover lots of new smells ;-)
It was $75 per night including tax.

My advisement:
Spent 30 Bucks more and go to a BestWestern or HolidayINN

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ocker3000

Reviewed 2 September 2007

Previous reviews for this motel are "bad". However, this location has been remodeled and we found it very comfortable. The room was large, and it had lots of accessible outlets.
We were in a no smoking section and there was no stale, smoky odor anywhere in the room or hallway.
This is a Motel 6--basic, no frills, no breakfast (coffee in the lobby), no pool. We were there for a medical procedure at St. Peter's (an easy 2 1/2 mile drive), so we weren't concerned with frills--a good, clean room, comfortable bed, shower. This location met our needs and was a pleasant experience.
The staff was wonderful. Front desk was very helpful. We had a minor problem with housekeeping which was quickly handled.

Reviewed 29 January 2007

I just returned from staying at Motel 6 in Albany (100 Watervliet Avenue, Albany, NY 12206). My experience there was nothing short of terrible.
I was placed in a smoking room when I am allergic to cigarette smoke. There were no ammenities in the room, ie Shampoo, and the only soap that was there to use was the one small bar left in the shower by the previous guest. The bath mat and towel had pubic hair on them. I requested new items and was told by the desk clerk "I don't know where to get them."
The staff was not customer service oriented at all. When I asked for directions to a specific area one of the desk clerks advised me that "She does not drive as she does not make enough money to have a car, so she can't help me."
This property showed very poor service to this customer.

• Stayed: January 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JJB1971
Reviewed 10 July 2006

I agree with the most recent review. We had a "non-smoking" room, but there were burn holes in the bedding, and the room stunk of smoke. All of the clothes that we took into the room had to be washed because they smelled like smoke. Other than the smoking issues, the room was adequate. Very dated, and definitely in need of a remodel. I woke my husband up in the morning because I couldn't handle being there a minute longer.

• Stayed: June 2006
1  Thank candaceg
Reviewed 2 October 2005

I picked this motel after reading the reviews on this website and I must say that I disagree. Check in was fine. When we entered the corridor to our room we were met with a very dated motel. The inside of the room was in rough shape. There were burn marks and holes in just about everything. The smoke smell in the room was overwhelming. The bed was terrible, it should have been replaced 5 years ago.

The worst part was the bathroom, there was hair all over it and I don't even want to speculate what was all over the door.

We will not stay again. I suggest looking around.

• Stayed: September 2005
1  Thank JillA
Reviewed 20 April 2005

Was looking for a place to stay on the way to Boston and stayed here after reading a review on this form. Like the previous review said, it was simple but good enough for the price. No frills but the kind of place you don't mind staying in when you're on the road. About 60 bucks for the night for the double room.

• Stayed: April 2005
3  Thank steveOttawa
Reviewed 23 March 2005

Motel 6. No frills. Nothing fancy. But it's clean, it's comfortable, the television is fine. The worst thing I can say is the weekend night desk clerk apparently doesn't know how to pronounce my (very common) first name. I wish that was the worst thing I could say about some other places I've been. This hotel is fine.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business