“Very Nice City Center Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Albany
San Francisco, California
“Very Nice City Center Hotel”
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Meets the expectations of a HIlton property. Fairly modern furnishings, clean and comfortable. Beds were great and room was a good size. Rooms have a fridge for added convenience. Great location near restaurants and transportation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LostSojourner
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear LostSojourner,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read that we exceeded your expectations in both our cleanliness and your sleeping experience. Additionally I was pleased to see that you totally enjoyed your Hilton Experience.

We look forward to servicing you upon your next visit to Albany.

John D'Adamo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Fairfield, California
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Hilton Albany is centrally located. Close to restaurants, capitol, pedestrian bridge to Hudson River, and the visitor's information center.
The room we occupied is spacious and clean. Bathroom is very clean and toiletries adequate.. We find the food offered at their restaurant very appealing; salads are big portions.

One negative: it appears that there is a leaky flash that makes noise in the bathroom.

I had stayed in different Hilton hotels; Hilton Albany is one I highly recommend for those visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank mayreyestan
Dear Mayreyestan,

Thank you for your recent review about the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read that we had exceeded your expectations at the five star level in every area !! I was also happy to read that you appreciated the downtown proximity to the amenities of our city.

We're looking forward to servicing you again for your next visit.

Smithtown, New York
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have stayed at this hotel on 3 previous occasions (the most recent - prior to this stay - was under Hilton ownership). The hotel has undergone a significant renovation. It takes more than just a facelift to upgrade a hotel. The behavior of the front desk staff member I encountered at check-in tainted my entire stay. I want to enjoy a welcoming environment - both esthetically and attitudinally. Not the case here.

Dear MJM2Go,

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor.com. Needless to say I was sorry to read that the service you had received from the Front Desk at our hotel was less than professional. The goal for all of our team members at the Hilton Albany is to strive to exceed our guests expectations. It is obvious here that we did not meet your expectations and this I apologize.

We do hope that you will give us another chance to show you that our culture is Hospitality and providing excellent service.

Montverde, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2013

the remake of the Albany Hilton is TOP NOTCH rooms are like brand new Try it, the best I have seen in many years of travel. the Hotel Lobby, Bar and Rooms have been redone and I think make the place one of the best in Albany New York. Other Hiltons will set their standards by this hotel, no doubt. I will be back in the future and recommend that others send there time in Albany here rather than another location

1 Thank Don H
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear Don H,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com I appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our guest rooms and our recent renovations. Additionally I was very pleased to read how our service team exceeded your expectations in everyway !!

We look forward to servicing you once again.

East Hampton, United States
Reviewed 10 October 2013

many times I have stayed at the Hilton, and this is the first time I was not happy with the cleanliness of my room. mainly the Bathroom. I usually drive several hours to get to Albany and the first thing I look for is a clean bathroom... I was very disappointed, the rest of the hotel in general was very clean. On the other hand people at the hotel are very friendly and nice, food was good and check in and out was easy and fast..

1 Thank Mariacristina B
Dear Mariacristina B,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com I was pleased to read that for the most part you had a very positive stay. I can appreciate your disappointment when you had concerns regarding the bathroom. I do apologize for this. We strive to acheive a Five Star rating in All areas which our guests experience. I do hope that upon your return you will see that our team will strive to exceed your expectations.

Thank you again.

Minnesota
Reviewed 7 October 2013

First let me say that the noise level had to do with this hotel being a crew hotel. Doors banging at 4:00 am, crew shouting down hallways.

Aside from that, this property is great. The suite I got upgraded to was awesome, two stories with a spiral stair case.

As a runner this place was great to, .5 miles to a trail that run the Hudson River, head "east" on pine street, cross over the freeway on the pedestrian bridge and hang a left on the Mohawk Hudson Bike Trail and you can run for miles and miles.

For dinner, skip the hotel and head right out of the hotel on to lodge street. Continue west for 1.5 blocks, on your left is the City Beer Hall. Great local restaurant, free pizza and a huge beer list to choose from.

If your are looking to be centrally located in Albany, this is the place to be.

Room Tip: Hilton Honors rooms are the two top floors and are not quiet since Crew are put their, opt to stay o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DZalumni
Dear DZalumni,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your upgrade to one of our suites. Our location downtown is ideal for dining out , or for a run along side the Hudson River. Apologies for the noise of early departures on your floor.

Hope the run was as good as the rest of your experience you had in our hotel !! We look forward to servicing you again.

New Hyde Park, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The Hilton was a dream. Service and accommodations were excellent. My only complaint is that the price of the room--in Albany, NY, was pretty high, and I was glad to have obtained a group discount with the meeting I was attending.

Dear Catherine S,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read that our level of service and facilities exceeded your expectations during your stay. I was also happy to hear that you were able to reduce your rate through your group hosting their meeting in our hotel.

Once again , thank you and we hope to host your group again.