“3.75 rating” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Albany
New York City, New York
“3.75 rating”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I expected worse reading reviews here, I stayed on the executive level, the lounge on the 13th floor was very pleasant and the complimentary breakfast/snacks served there was worth that extra paid for the room, the room itself was clean and comfy, the tub in the bathroom did not drain as well as it should, and the food in the restaurant downstairs was mediocre...

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear grinchagram,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read that you enjoyed your stay on our Executive level and had a wonderful experience in our Executive lounge. I appreciate you sharing with us your impression of your meal in our restaurant. I do apologize that it did not exceed your expectations. Also, if you would like I would appreciate an email telling me your room number so that we can make sure that the tub in that room is draining properly. My email is john.d'adamo@hilton.com.

I hope to hear from you and look forward to hosting you again.

John D'Adamo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
Albany, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel. It is in a great part of downtown Albany. Close proximity to everything! Rooms have been newly renovated and just beautiful and clean as well. The staff is very nice and very accommodating. The rooms are absolutely gorgeous and the views of Albany are outstanding!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Kathleen F,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. Our team "strives" for Five Star ratings and we were happy to read that we exceeded your expectations for sleep quality, location, accomodations and cleanliness during your last stay.

Thank you again and we look forward to servicing you during your next visit to our hotel.

East Amherst, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I stayed here for a conference (3 nights). The room was great, very comfortable and roomy. The food served during the conference was good. The location was great for what we wanted to do while in Albany. Staff was generally friendly. We did encounter some not so happy members throughout the weekend. My primary problem is the Front Dest staff and their incompetence in handling a simple check out. Three people shared a room and were paying their own share of the total bill. It didn't happen at checkout. We are now working with the manager to straighten it out.

Room Tip: Make sure your payment method is fully understood by desk staff at check in and follow up at check o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Dear Henry D,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read that you rated our location, along with our accomodations and cleanliness all five stars !! Thank you . I was disappointed to read that we struggled to reconcile your charges at check out. I do hope that the manager you are working with has resolved this for you.

If I may be of any further assistance please email me directly at john.d'adamo@hilton.com.

Augusta, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Room was very quiet, neat and clean. Staff was professional and friendly. Very busy at the hotel when we arrived, however staff was very attentive. Great parking adjacent to the hotel, easy to find. Perfect place to stay if attending an event at The Egg, very close walking distance to The Egg, with great directions from the front desk staff. Would definitely stay again if another show at The Egg is of interest.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Dear FamilyTripper_7_12,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I am so happy that our service team exceeded your expectations in every area during your recent stay. I love the intimate setting of watching a concert at the Egg as well. An Intimate setting with amazing acoustics !!

We look forward to your next visit to Albany.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

In town for an event at the "egg" (convention center). The Hilton's location was great. The lobby was comfortable and inviting. The staff was professional and caring. Elaine at the bar, Robert at the Starbucks stand and Mike the Shuttle driver were all terrific! The free shuttle from the airport and to the train station was a great amenity. I had breakfast in the dining room and it was very good. This is a very well run hotel, which is a credit to the General Manager and his staff. I would encourage anyone staying in Albany to give this Hilton a try!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear OSUDaddy,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read about so many positive and exceptional encounters you had with many of our Hilton Team members. I am glad you enjoyed yourself in Sessions, our Lounge and had the chance to have Elaine serve you. She has been with the hotel for over 30 years and she truly represents the spirit of hospitality. Robert B at our Starbucks counter is a gentlemen and a true professional, as well as Mike, as he transports our guests safely in our shuttles each and every day.

I am very proud to lead a team of professional associates like the ones you've mentioned. Our team thanks you for all of your kind words and excellent ratings !!!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

The hotel was nice looking, clean and comfortable. There was a problem with the shower diverter buttor popping out but I was still able to shower. I was so tired when I returned to the hotel I ordered a simple meal from Room Service. Aside from being expensive it was tasty and comforting. When I arrived at the hotel it was hours before the official checkin time but they very generously allowed me into my room which was much appreciated both then and when my day was over.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was very happy to read that our level of service and quality of food exceeded your expectations. We do hope that when your travel plans include Albany, New York you will make the Hilton Albany your first choice.

Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed there for seven nights for business in August. Checked in on a Sunday. I immediately called front desk to let them know they desk phone was not working. Maintenance came to the room and could not resolve the problem but stated the phone issue would be resolved the next day. I called front desk again on Wednesday to let them know phone was still not working. I was assured somebody would fix it. Till I checked out following Sunday the phone was still not working. I don't think anybody even tried or remembered. Very disappointed.
Only reason I gave four star overall was the two front desk staff, namely Shirin and the Front Desk Manager. I believe his name was Michael. He was very professional and understands what hospitality means. He went above and beyond on his service. Another young lady at the front desk had a terrible attitude. Rude and would not even look at you when talking to you. Good location if you are there for business but not much to do at night. Limited restaurant options near by if you are staying for seven nights.

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms facing the Capital Building. Spectacular views at different times of the day.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear 786travel,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on TripAdvisor.com. I appreciate your compliments to both of our Front Desk Agents Shirin and Michael. Michael, I will have you know has since been promoted to our Night Audit Manager position. I do apologize for what happened with your telephone in your guest room for the week. I would like to know more and in particular your room number so that I may follow up to see if it has ever been repaired. My email is john.d'adamo@hilton.com

I do hope that we have the opportunity to host you once again the next time your travel plans take you to Albany.