“Great work!”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Reviewed 2 December 2013

The Albany Hilton was very accommodating during my stay. The staff was friendly, the newly renovated rooms were clean, and the location made the amenities of Downtown Albany very accessible. The lobby and lounge area was very comfortable for working on a laptop or enjoying a local brew. Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Dear Keith B,

Thank you for your recnet review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. From what I read it looks like you totally enjoyed your stay at our hotel. Our complimentary WiFi is through out our Lobby, Restaurants and Lounge.

I am glad you enjoyed your experience and visit to Albany.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Albany

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I had a wonderful time in Albany and I have the Hilton to thank for that. The room I stayed in had a beautiful view of the city and the beds were so comfortable. I highly recommend this hotel if you are traveling on business. They were also helpful with finding a place to dine and they are very close to the Mall if you wanted to do a little shopping!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 1313 and the view was perfect, my friends were all on the same floor and agree!

Dear Nico920,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was pleased to read how we had exceeded all of your expectations of our hotel, from our service, to cleanliness, as well as ammenities and location. Additionally, thank you for posting some really nice photographs, both of your room and the view from your room.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Our Company recently had a conference which spanned over 2 days including a room block....the hotels recently had a $16m facelift which really shows throughout the hotel and the rooms were excellent!

From the start, Brian Murphy & the entire staff made the Conference a huge success by making various recommendations on food choices & program....Brian was a huge help...

What separated this staff apart from other hotels was the entire staff and their assistance every step of the way!.....highly recommend the Albany Hilton!

Room Tip: Stay in the rooms overlooking Capitol building....pretty cool

Dear Jeff A,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I was happy to read how you recognize and appreciate the efforts and positive attitude of our staff, especially Mr. Brian Murphy. As nice as the investment from the renovation can make a hotel look great, it is the staff of the hotel which makes the experience and stay memorable.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

With four colleagues and volunteers, we visited Albany on business and were lucky enough to stay at the Hilton Albany. The location is perfect, just below the Capitol. The room views are wonderful, the staff went above and beyond, the food was actually fantastic. This will be my permanent home whenver I visit Albany for sure. What a great experience we all had!

Room Tip: The rooms ending in 00 have nice panoramic views!
1  Thank composer57
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2013

Dear composer57,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com I was very pleased that we had exceeded your expectations in all of our areas. Our team of professional associates are proud of the renovations and hope that all of us will have the opportunity to serve you and your colleagues once again.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Can't believe the changes made in one year. The executive rooms are great. The maid I had for four days was so accommodating and personable. In the halls staff said hello and if were carrying bags asked if you needed help.

Dear Magicsn,

Thank you for your recent review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com We truly appreciate your kind words about the team members of our staff that you had pleasantly encountered. We are truly proud of our newly renovated Hilton and I am pleased that we had exceeded your expectations in many areas of the hotel.

Regrds,

Reviewed 20 November 2013

While hotel is beautiful, it lacked the basic service that I've come to expect from a Hilton and more that of a Holiday Inn. My daughter and her team (along with many others) stayed here the evening before their cheer competition. Dinner took over an hour and we were only the 3rd table seated that night. Dessert room service also took over an hour that evening. The waitstaff while very friendly, were obviously overwhelmed and understaffed. We were instructed to order breakfast room service right away by the staff as they expected problems. We ordered my daughter the earliest room service 6:30am (she had a very early performance time) and another for the smaller kids at 7:00am. The 6:30am room service never arrived and we were forced to stand in line at the Starbucks with all the guests whose room service also had not arrived. It was very important for my daughter to be fed before performing. The dining area appeared not to be open but others were eating. No one was seating and no one was waiting on anyone. Note, waitresses were watching people eat. We grabbed a plate and served my daughter eggs from the buffet and at this point the waitress arrived to tell us it was not free (which was not an issue) and give us the check. On such and important day for such young girls, I was horrified by the lack of service and care. I would not stay again. We did report the problem and were not offered an apology. I would like to note, that I NEVER give bad reviews. If our concerns had been met with answers or apologies, I would have felt satisfied that it might have been too busy for them to handle but no explanations were made. They clearly did not care. I don't expect I'll be staying here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Jody P,

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay with us on TripAdvisor. I was verry sorry to read that both your dinner and breakfast experiences were clearly not up to the standards you shold expect from a Hilton Hotel. I would love for you to reach out to me directly John.D'Adamo@hilton.com I would like to review your Food and Beverage charges with you and discuss further courses of action.

I truly apologize for the service inconsistencies you experienced during your stay with us. Let's discuss this and hope that we may have an opportunity to host you once again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

My Review would be of poor value, our bed spread had blood on it when we arrived we called for a new one but no response so we called a second time and nothing. Our toilet handle was broke, and there was a large stain on the floor next to bed I can only imagine what that was.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Jon S, Director of Sales at Hilton Albany, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

The hotel appreciates feedback from our guest so we can make improvements. We can assure you that the stain on the bead spread was caused by a wash process that left a cleansing residue which may have been mistaken for something other than what it was. We certainly are disappointed you found an issue with the new carpet in the room and a toilet handle not functioning properly. We do hope your visit to Albany was not diminished by any inconvenience you may have experienced in the room.