“Usually a Very Clean Hotel”
Review of Hilton Albany

Hilton Albany
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Albany
New York, United States
“Usually a Very Clean Hotel”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The Executive Lounge which are paid more money for was a mess when I entered with cans, beer bottles and food thrown all around. As for the desk staff they were very helpful. I also think the van drivers are helpful and pleasant. All employers who work at this hotel are pleasant. The Executive Lounge is usually a nice place to chill out and I was very disappointed it was in that condition. The rest of the hotel was very well kept. However, I asked for water in the executive lounge 2 times and waited 45 minutes before I left and bought a bottle from the vending machine. I don't think this is the type of service one should receive if I am paying a higher rate.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Maria B,

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read how our service and our staff generally exceeds your expectations I was however truly disappointed in the lack of service which you experienced in our Executive Lounge. I do apologize for the condition you found it in. Please email me directly as I would like to speak with you regarding your stay and the dates of your stay. My email will be below,

Thank you.

Regards,

john.d'adamo@hilton.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Elegant and in the heart of the state capital! Hometown attention downtown! Staff is friendly, courteous, caring. Beautiful swimming pool and exercise room. Very family friendly, though we didn't have time to swim or use exercise equipment. Rooms clean and bright. Fantastic view of the State Capital building, a cathedral and other European style, historic buildings--was the view from the 11th floor where our room was, facing the front of the building. Parking garage with interior elevator access. At th convenient Starbucks Coffee Shop in the lobby, be sure to ask for "Robert B." --the most friendly, helpful staffer ever!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Charlenem,

Thank you for your recent Five Star review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com !! OUr Team gets very excited and feels very satisfied when our guets depart and then writes a Five Star review.

Thank you for your wonderful comments about the hotel staff and the service which you and your family received.

We look forward to serving you once again.

Yours in Service,

Pescate, Italy
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

As soon as i got in the room (i'm by myself), i got surprised: so much room, two beds, very nice bathroom, and a thing i like a lot is the thea available in room. Free wifi avaialble not just in lobby but also in rooms, nice relaxing area downstairs. Very very nice!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cri Zenzero,

"Grazie" for your wonderful comments about the Hilton Albany during your recent stay. I was happy to read how our staff and service exceeded your expectations in every way. We hope that when you return from Itlay we will be able to host you once again !!!!

Ciao !!!!
John "Giovanni" D'Adamo
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Was visiting a friend in the area and stayed here for one night in a two room suite. It was fantastic! Great price for the size and quality, very comfortable bed. My fridge wasn't working, and they brought up a whole new one in about ten minutes. Great place to stay if you're in Albany!

Room Tip: If you can shell out a little extra cash, the suite was well worth it!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear Michael R,

Thank you for your Five Star review of the Hilton Albany on TripAdvisor.com. I am glad that you enjoyed your accomodations. We are fortunate to have 18 Suites in our inventory and that you stayed in one at our hotel. Great news to hear that our Engineering Team responded immediately to change out your refrigerator as well.

We hope to welcoming you back to Albany soon.

Warm regards,

Tioga, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. Ate at the restaurant downstairs, which was very good. I had a dish that I thought would be ordinary and it was very unique. The room was nice and I had a beautiful view. It was recently updated and modernized. However, there were many bugs in my room including mosquitos and small flies that "bugged" me all night long. I couldn't get the air conditioner set just right and I wasn't sure if the bugs were coming in from the vent. Then throughout the night the air conditioner made some type of clicking sound on regular intervals. I am a light sleeper so between the bugs and the noise I had very little sleep. I knew that if I had complained I would be switched to a new room in the middle of the night, which I wasn't willing to do at that point. I do feel that if I brought this to the attention of staff they would have accommodated a move. My other coworkers had rooms on different floors and they didn't have any bugs in their room. Maybe I was just the lucky one.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank MollyLyn
JD-GM-ALBHH, General Manager at Hilton Albany, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear MollyLyn,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am curious to know what you ordered off of our menu that was unique. I'll take it as a compliment since you enjoyed it. Also, I would like to apologize for what you experienced during your night with us. It is unacceptable to let you experience what you encountered and I apologize for this. Lastly, I ask that you email me directly so that we can attempt some level of recovery for you. My email is john.d'adamo@hilton.com Please reach out to me so that we can resolve this.

All the best,

Shickshinny
Reviewed 26 June 2014

European feel to the newly remodeled lobby. The hotel is located in downtown Albany nestled among eateries and entertainment and walking distance from the Hudson River. Our room was good size for a regular room with a king size bed and we had a great view of the city. We ate breakfast in the executive lounge which was staffed by a most accommodating host. The food choices were much the same each morning, but presented nicely. We would have enjoyed a little more variety. Overall our stay was great and will look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level room to get a great view of the city.
2 Thank Mary E
Dear Mary E,

Thank you for your recent Five Star review of the Hilton Albany on Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read that our staff and level of service exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your nice comments about Dan in our Executive Lounge.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay.

Warm regards,

Slidell, Louisiana
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Completely renovated since I last stayed here as the Crowne Plaza and with a very European (clean and uncluttered) feel to it. Bed was super comfortable, and location was super convenient for work and for the fun after-hours activities in the surrounding area (two free concerts in the downtown area!) I enjoyed the pool, the free shuttle to and from the airport (reserve your ride early!!) and the very helpful front desk staff.

I've already recommended this hotel to my company and would gladly recommend to anyone else as well!

2 Thank RiverlanGone
Dear RiverlanGone,

Thank you for your recent review and kind words about our Team at the Hilton Albany. Needless to say we are proud of our Team Members and their desire to provide the highest level of service which you can expect from a Hilton Hotel.

We welcome the opportunity to serve you again.

Regards,