“Great selection of cheese and fantastic platter!”

The Cheese Traveler
Ranked #76 of 747 Restaurants in Albany
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Cuisines: American, European, Cafe
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Specialty Cheese shop serving, gourmet grilled cheese, cheese and charcuterie plates, and soup (fall and winter), beer on draft or packaged (on or off premise), wine by the glass, hard cider (on or off premise), craft sodas, hot brewed coffee (fall, winter, spring), and cold brew coffee and tea (summer). Also serving Friday Night Cookout dinner service 5-8 PM May through September 30th. Limited seating, first come, first serve. Gluten Free and Takeout available.
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

I had was hosting a company dinner and needed something for an appetizer. This was my first time using the cheese Traveller and it for sure will not be my last. The platter was fantastic and their selection of cheeses is amazing.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

We used Tripadvisor to find a place for liunch and picked the Cheese Traveler. When we arrived we thought we might be at the wrong locale. We were the only customers in what appeared to be a cheese shop and we alomost left. HOWEVER, they have a menu comprising a lot of variations on the grilled cheese theme,with various cheeses, meats, and spreads. Delicious! What a suprise! My grilled sandwich with goat cheese and some thinlly sliced duck fromthe daily special menu was fantastic. My wife really enjoyed her classic (Cabot Clothbound Cheddar, housemade Benton’s bacon jam, Benton’s bacon on sandwich loaf). HIGHLY RAECOMMENDED.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

I was in Albany on business and discovered this little place. It was WONDERFUL!
So I was only there for a week, but I wound up going here three times for lunch and every time I had the grilled cheese and duck with the blueberry jelly. That combination was so amazing to me that I never really tried anything else on the menu (although I'm sure it was all good as well).
This combo with the blueberry soda was all I needed.

Reviewed 21 June 2017 via mobile

Good food with lots of different variations. I will return. Staff extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Made nice recommendations when we inquired and some of the Different products available and gave generous samples to try. Highly recommended

Reviewed 7 June 2017 via mobile

We have enjoyed our experiences in the past, but our most recent takeout order was extremely disappointing. Enticed by the cookout menu, we both indulged in the lamb burger ($16 a piece) & a couple of sides. One burger was to be medium & the other well. Both burgers were cooked the same with no label differentiate. The burgers were thin, one burger had a thin slice of the cheese crumpled on half the burger, both had little of the condiments (aioli)... so much so you could not taste them. For the price, we expected much more, especially since the sides are an additional price as nothing comes with the burger. Very disappointed.