“Great ice cream, huge portions!”
Review of Kurver Kreme

Kurver Kreme
Ranked #6 of 14 Dessert in Albany
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Reviewed 29 July 2015

When looking for ice cream places in the Albany area, Kurver Kreme had the best reviews, so we had to stop in. It's located on Central, right down the street from Colonie Center and there's plenty of parking here. They have a variety of soft and hard ice cream and we got a couple of soft serve cones. The ice cream is really, really good and the portions are definitely more than I would have though (small is easily enough for one person). The service was good and this is definitely the go-to ice cream place in Albany!

1  Thank Kevin B

Reviewed 26 June 2015 via mobile

Awesome Cones and such a great variety of flavors and toppings! Obviously a local favorite given the full lot and long line. So glad we found it and stayed!

1  Thank W.H. D
Reviewed 23 June 2015 via mobile

Great place plenty of soft serve flavors and its real custard with a higher fat content. So many combinations available for cones, sundaes and cups including sugar free toppings.

The prices are very reasonable given the portion and quality of the product. A must visit.

1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 9 June 2015

The soft serve ice cream is OK. The chocolate dip for cones though doesn't begin to compare to Martha’s Dandee Creme in Queensbury, NY. Kurver's chocolate dip for cones is way thinner & not as rich tasting. This is an ice cream stand, which is open seasonally; you can choose to sit outside at a few typical wooden picnic tables, if you'd like. Since tasting my last cone dipped in chocolate, I decided this time to ask the server at the counter if he could make the dip on my cone thicker (i.e., with a more crispy chocolate coating). When I got my cone though, the outside still had a thinner texture - disappointing... FYI, this place, which isn't far from Colonie Center, has been open since 1952.

Reviewed 7 June 2015 via mobile

It was pricey, I spend all this money on ice cream for my family its nine of use and the ice cream was nasty it taste like whipped cream with sprinkles, I wouldn't come back at all, I will keep driving pass it on my way home!!!!!

Been to Kurver Kreme? Share your experiences!