“Great Place to Stay! Incredible Staff” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue

Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Rome, New York
“Great Place to Stay! Incredible Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

First of all, I normally do not leave reviews, after staying here several times over the last 3 months, I felt compelled to do so. The service I received was far better than any of the other hotels in the area. Every request was accommodated courteous manor. This is a brand new hotel that being said there were a few bugs to be worked out. Some guest seemed to be very bothered by this, they were minimal and minor, and that staff did everything they were able to do. I have stayed many times in the greater Albany area, and this with out a doubt will be my hotel of choice for any future stays.

Housekeeping-
They were on point, I am not the neatest person, that being said, everyday I came "home" from work I found my room the be clean, dishes done. Took a great deal of stress off to come back to a neat and tidy place

Front desk- All of the staff was very accommodating. I have been known to be a bit of a pain, and I normally expect some push back from the staff, I saw none of this with this team!

Fitness Center/Pool Area- There is an issue with the hot tub, it does not work 100% of the time apparently a line under the newly installed concrete needs to be replaced, which requires the concrete to be removed and redone, So sometimes it works fine, other times not so much, the pool it's self is great! The gym area is great, dumbbells 5-50lbs and an adjustable bench, 2 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 bike, water, towels and wipes. My only problem with the gym is some people seem to think the temperature should be set to mid 70"s, not such a fan of sweating, but there is a thermostat there to adjust the temp to your preference so no complaints.

Rooms- Well appointed, I have stayed in both the King studio as well as the "Corner 1 bedroom". Both rooms are spacious and well appointed, they have two main difference. The studio comes with cool shower, walk in glass surround, the 1 Bedroom comes with a regular bath tub. The studio only has a two burner stove top, while the 1 bedroom has a full oven/stove top, which is great for longer stays. either way you really cant go wrong. Oh both rooms have a pull out bed in the sofa for guest!

Food-
Breakfast is good, eggs, potatoes of some sort, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, oatmeal, bagels and pastries.

"Socials" , are a little weak, usually some sort of "Slider" like chicken salad, pork BBQ, burgers, with appropriate sides. rumor has it they will be adding beer and wine as soon as they can get the permits.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Alexander W
Brandon C, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Thank you! We enjoyed having you here and look forward to seeing you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

For the price the rooms were very nice. Very spacious and clean of course because it's new. The breakfast was very nice and there is a pool and jacuzzi. It's by far the best hotel for the money that I've stayed in the cap region. The shower was a little weird but there is a kitchen with everything and a couch. Very comfortable. But I will be back.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jeanette12322
Thank you for your review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your return!
Burlington, Vermont
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We had stiff sheets, and a ridiculously lumpy bed, but the breakfast was god. This is really a disappointment because one of the reasons I stay at Marriotts is because of the sleep quality.

My biggest issue is the whopping $100 for the one night pet stay. I had originally declined my reservation at Fishkill, because I thought the price was absurd. The reservationist then said she would drop it to $50 because it was only one night to which I agreed. We hit awful road conditions (snow and sleet) on the Northway and had to change our reservation to Albany. I was assured that all the conditions of the reservation would be transferred. When we got to Albany, they wouldn't budge. $100 for 8 hours of a well groomed, well behaved dog and they were really snippy about it. I love Marriott, but I will never travel with a pet to one again and will certainly never go to the Residence Inn in Albany.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bbrodie
Brandon C, General Manager at Residence Inn Albany Washington Avenue, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Thank you for your review. I'm sorry your stay did not meet your expectations. My team and I are looking into your bedding situation, I also apologize that the Marriott team did not explain the difference in pet fees from hotel to hotel. If you have any other comments you'd like to share I'd be happy to hear them, please call the hotel directly at 518.218.7240!
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 November 2013

This is a brand new hotel in Albany so I found that my gps had a little bit of a problem getting there from airport.. Make sure to add "extension" to the address as shown in the hotels site... We ended up in downtown area.not where we were staying We stayed 7 days at hotel and yes it has a few quirks, but nothing major. The shower is a bit of a new design just point shower head in right direction and your good to go. Front room could use a ottoman for feet... Would just make room more comfy. Breakfast was good with nice selection of things to eat, waffles fresh eggs etc. will stay again nice location . Super Walmart across street and mall right behind hotel. Babysat my sons dog for a day and felt safe walking in area ...staff at hotel

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room avoid the area above the fire ring area ... Most nights not a problem but a...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Tahoenana
Thank you for your review. Washington Avenue Extension is a different street from Washington Ave, VERY important for GPS and other directions. We hope to see you again!
Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

Very nice hotel, clean and brand new. Friendly staff and a good location, near the mall and the airport. We had a studio and it was large and functional. The rooms and lobby are very modern.

A few picky little negatives. The dishwasher doesn't fully open because it hits the fridge. The bathroom is very modern but a little "to cool for school". For example the shower is a walk in with glass on only one side. The shower is the size of a bathtub with the controls on the opposite side from the shower head. So adjustments require a walk across the slippery floor. An accident waiting to happen. Elevators are strange also. Thy are called independently not like most elevators where you hit one button to call for either elevator. Also, we had to move the bed slightly and there was dust behind the bed in a brand new hotel.

These are all little things and can be addressed without too much of an issue. All in all a nice place. Very clean, nice people, good location.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Elevators have been corrected as you stated! Some of the dishwashers were not installed correctly and needed to be moved back a few inches (we missed a few) but hope to have all of those corrected now. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and if you have any other comments or suggestions I'd be happy to hear them!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We wanted to try out this new hotel and overall it was pretty good. It still has a new smell to it. The staff were good and so was the breakfast. The pool was nice and the hot tub would be great, but it's broken (one of the jets just explodes upward with no nozzle on it and the others get minimal pressure). There is a fire bowl and outdoor seating around it in the BBQ area which was very nice. The room itself was clean and comfortable, the layout is okay but does hide the true size of the room making it feel smaller than it is. There was some sort of heating/ac device behind a closet door and the vent in the door rattled until I pushed on it in a few places, even then it was quite noisy. The TVs are new and there is a guide for the TV a huge plus these days.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Washington Ave Extension is not Washington Ave... Could save you some time :)
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We have the installer scheduled to come repair the spa. The rattling in the HVAC closet is caused by the metal grate when the heating unit pulls in air. We have come up with a solution to this problem and should be corrected!
If you would like to share anything else with me, I'd be happy to hear it!
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2013

I was skeptical of staying at the hotel because I couldn't find any reviews. Once I arrived, I realized why...it had just opened a few days before. The hotel is in pristine condition, staff was a little overwhelmed as it was the first weekend it had opened, but that did not detract from the visit. It's situated right across the road from Walmart and the mall. We got groceries and were able to cook several meals in the small, but adequate kitchen, it was only a 15 minute drive to most everything in Albany and there were good delivery options, including Sushi Tei, for very good sushi, nearby. All in all a great stopping place if you're taking a long trip up i90, as we were, and needed a place to recharge, with as little of a detour from the highway as possible. Kids loved the basketball court, a lawn to play catch on, swimming in the pool and drinking hot cocoa by the firepit. Breakfast was typical free breakfast fare, good, not great.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Our team is doing a lot better now that we've been up and going for a couple of weeks, hope you come see us again and our progress!