Very clean double queen suite on the sixth floor, stayed last night after my son had surgery and was recuperating. It was a nice, very large room with lots of light from two big windows. Four people and was not at all too crowded, very open and roomy. There is a couch and a desk and small kitchen with microwave, fridge, coffee maker and sink. Only drawback, bathroom very small and no door in the anteroom to the bathroom where the sink is. It would have been ideal to be able to close a door there to have privacy to change, etc. Only place to change would be in the tiny bathroom. Okay for us, but with very modest roommates, could be uncomfortable.
Bedding was very comfortable, clean, and room temp was good and easy to control.
Nice touch that always means a great deal to me was the very friendly front desk staff. Zach introduced himself, was friendly and helpful, and really seemed to care about the quality of guest experience. Remembered us the next day.
Other staff were nice, too. We called down at one point with a question about channels and they made a point to quickly run up a channel guide to the room even though there was one already in the room. They were just that willing to be helpful, which is rare.
Parking is a bit expensive, like 13 bucks a night, and not very many other options to park nearby, so you're kind of stuck with that. Parking attendants nice, though.
We were going to eat at Yono's downstairs, which we have done on other visits- it is one of the best (albeit very expensive) Indonesian restaurants around, including in NYC. My son was not feeling up to it, though, so we got takeout, but if one is staying at the Hampton, I could recommend getting dressed up to go downstairs to Yono's, but expect to pay $$$ for some really exceptional food.
The Hampton is not a high luxury hotel, but has all the basics, is clean and comfortable, has dedicated staff and breakfast is included. Breakfast bar is pretty basic and standard, and the coffee is not great, but will do to get the day started if not too picky.
Overall, it's a fine, dependably good place to spend a comfortable night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale downtown Albany hotel features 121 lavishly-appointed guest rooms, 35 suites with microwaves and refrigerators, eight whirlpool suites and one executive 2-room suite. The new hotel boasts wired and wireless Internet access, complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, on-site exercise facility with sauna and steam room, plenty of meeting space (we specialize in law firm deposition meetings), fresh hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and, of course, Hilton HHonors® points and miles for your stay. Eleven accessible rooms are available. All rooms and suites are smoke free and feature the Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Welcome to Albany’s brightest new star!Yono’s Restaurant, and dp, an American Brasserie, share space near the entrance of the Hampton Inn & Suites! Just a step through the doorway for hotel guests, this upscale fine-dining restaurant features creative continental and Indonesian cuisine for a memorable dining experience.The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown is centrally and conveniently located to many downtown attractions, government buildings and points of interest. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to the area’s many businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn And Suites Albany - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Albany
- Albany Hampton Inn