“Nice place!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 January 2014

One of best Hampton's I have been too. New and clean and good staff. Close to the convention I was at and close to a lot of nice restaurants as well. I am definitely going to stay here the next time I am in downtown Albany.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Good Afternoon, John!

Thank you so much for your kind review! I'm glad that you enjoyed it & that everything was to long your liking. We look forward to having you join us the next time you are in the area! Thank you again for the review!

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Living locally and looking for a last minute getaway, a jacuzzi in the room made our decision to stay at this hotel. The room is gorgeous and we have never seen a cleaner hotel - thank you Omar! The staff has to be the friendliest and most helpful - Tom, Bennie and Niara made sure all of our needs were met. A bonus gym and spa room filled out a great get away. If you want to stay in downtown Albany, this is the place! The complimentary breakfast had something for everyone including healthy options and was delicious. Thank you - we will be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Thank you for your review, Carol!
Thank you so much for coming and staying with us, we always have loving having people in the area come and experience our wonderful hotel! I'll be sure to pass along your kind words to Tom, Bennie, Omar, and Niara- they work so hard for us and I'm thrilled you recognized it as well! It is so great to hear that everything exceeded your expectations and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 15 January 2014

Great place to stay, clean, staff friendly and helpful. Hotel is in the heart of the city surrounded by many bars and restaurants. We left our keys in the room and they took care of sending them to us. We needed additional toiletries and other items, staff was very helpful!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you so much for your review, Patricia!

I'm so glad to read that everything was to your liking! I'm also glad to hear that your keys made it to you! We pride ourselves on our friendly and helpful staff and I'm glad that you felt the same!

Thanks so much for taking the time to review and especially thank you for your business! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 11 January 2014

The staff was friendly and courteous. The room was clean and the bed was extremely comfortable; my husband loved the pillows...I am going to order these for him. The restaurant attached was great too! Parking was $12.50 :(

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Thank you for your review, Christina!
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and the room and staff met your expectations. We pride ourselves on both the friendliness of the staff and the comfort of the room- I'm glad we didn't disappoint on either level!
Thank you so much for staying with us & we hope to see you and your husband again soon!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I travel for a living and Hilton/Marriott are my preferred brands. However, when it comes to visiting Albany, NY for family and holiday obligations, we ONLY stay at the Hampton Inn, downtown Albany. The staff and specifically mgmt at this hotel are exceptional and define "customer service". Free continental breakfast, fitness center and location are all bonus items! Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Albany!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Donald,

Thank you SO much for your very sweet review, but especially for staying with us again! We are glad that you always enjoy your stays so much, it means a lot to have you join us time and time again! We truly do love having you and your family here with us.
Thank you again for your very kind review and for being a part of our extended "Hampton Albany family".

We look forward to seeing you again soon! Happy January, stay warm!

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Cheap hotels so I got it for $90. not too bad. very confusing to park, turns out you need to park adjacent to the hotel behind a black wrought iron gate for valet parking. that was my first clue that the deal wasn't so great.
at night they slipped a $13.50 extra bill under the door and at checkout told me of the parking fee. they never mentioned this online or at checkin. $13.50 to park for one night in Albany is excessive. If known I would have gone to quality inn in latham for $82 with no parking. I do not need someone to move my car 30 feet and fetch it for $13.50. I felt held hostage and complained. the charge was rescinded. Also, the vending machine is $2.00 for a pepsi. another outrageous charge. gouging is so annoying.
Positively the breakfast was very good with pre made omelets, home fries, waffles, fruit, serial,,etc
fireplace and lobby and tv was good.
people were nice

biggest problem was finding the place on chapel and the roads were two small for my big suv.

Would I come back. nah.
it was just a slight bit better then quality inn in latham and area is too congested.

Room Tip: bathroom is very nicely finished. room however is dated in design and decor
1  Thank Leftydog
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Thank you for your feedback, Leftydog!

I'm sorry about all the confusion with the parking. While it does mention the parking charge on CheapHotels, I'll make sure that it is more prominent on the site and the same confusion doesn't happen again to another guest. I am glad we were able to remedy it for you though!

I'm glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast and the staff members! We are very fortunate to have a great staff here.

Thank you again for your business and for your review, best wishes in the New Year!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights-we were in town for a family funeral. The desk staff was very helpful in keeping out-of-town guests together, and we were able to gather in the evening in the comfortable lobby area (lots of seating and tables with a cozy fireplace). The rooms are well appointed and the desk staff is friendly and helpful. Breakfast was plentiful-lots of choices and food was generally good. Both hot and cold choices. Coffee/tea was available in lobby 24/7. Restaurant on site was very good. The only small problem: there is no shaving/makeup mirror in the bathroom and the wall mirror is 2 feet behind a very high granite vanity. This was a problem for me applying makeup since I'm very nearsighted and for my husband when he was shaving.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2014

Dear Geraldine,
Thank you so much for staying with us and your excellent feedback! I'm sorry to hear about what brought you to the area, but we are you glad you chose to stay with us. We pride ourselves on our wonderful staff members and we are thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with everyone.
Thank you for your feedback on the bathroom mirrors. It is important to us to make sure every guest is satisfied and I will be alerting the general manager and the management staff about your suggestion for the makeup mirrors. We will definitely look into adding them to the rooms. Hopefully on your next visit to us it will be for a happier occasion and you will also get to enjoy a makeup mirror in the rooms!
Thanks again for staying with us, we truly appreciate your business. Happy New Year to you and your family, we look forward to seeing you again!