I stayed here for a total of ten nights from 16-27 February. As a guest (I stress this point) my entire experience was nothing short of fantastic. The other reviews are right on point that they have the best service staff, everyone that I had the pleasure of dealing with were extremely helpful and even remembered me by name. The room was also spotless and the housekeeping staff were polite, non-intrusive and gives you a lot of privacy. The business centre which had fast and reliable internet was also easily accessible for my printing needs.
(NOTE FOR BUSINESS AND INTERNATIONAL TRAVELLERS):
My only gripe is that I had requested two parcels to be shipped (internationally via Fedex) when I checked out, and the front desk had promised that they would see to it. When I called the hotel 12 days later, I was greeted with disdain by a grumpy and irritated staff on the midnight shift who suggested I "call back in the morning" and obviously wanted to take no responsibility with helping me resolve the matter. This was despite me informing her that to do so would be extremely inconvenient (time difference) and I even had to suggest to her if she would like to take my details down so that the staff could call me back in the morning (never happened).
I eventually called back a few days later with the hope that I would at least be provided with a tracking number, which was when I found out that my parcels were still sitting in the office because the international packaging (?) had apparently not arrived. I was surprised because I thought would at least have been afforded the courtesy of being informed of this close to 2-week delay, especially since the items were important, albeit not crucially urgent. I just called again this afternoon (its been 17 days), and was advised to "call back on Monday morning" because the staff claimed she was "not in charge" and "did not have any information". At this point, I have no idea what is going to happen to my items.
In all, great hotel if you are only looking for a nice, comfortable place to crash, but if you require any form of assistance which you cannot personally monitor post-stay, I would say be very prudent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale downtown Albany hotel features 121 lavishly-appointed guest rooms, 35 suites with microwaves and refrigerators, eight whirlpool suites and one executive 2-room suite. The new hotel boasts wired and wireless Internet access, complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, on-site exercise facility with sauna and steam room, plenty of meeting space (we specialize in law firm deposition meetings), fresh hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and, of course, Hilton HHonors® points and miles for your stay. Eleven accessible rooms are available. All rooms and suites are smoke free and feature the Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Welcome to Albany’s brightest new star!Yono’s Restaurant, and dp, an American Brasserie, share space near the entrance of the Hampton Inn & Suites! Just a step through the doorway for hotel guests, this upscale fine-dining restaurant features creative continental and Indonesian cuisine for a memorable dining experience.The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown is centrally and conveniently located to many downtown attractions, government buildings and points of interest. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to the area’s many businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TripOnline SA, Hotel.de, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Albany - Downtown
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Albany
- Albany Hampton Inn