“Convenient place to stay in Albany”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Syracuse, United States
“Convenient place to stay in Albany”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Centrally located with a friendly staff. The lobby has character befitting its urban location, and is a comfortable place to eat the pretty-good breakfast they serve (no to-order eggs or omelets, but with pre-prepared omelets, meat and hard-boiled eggs, much more than just packaged pastries). The restaurant in the hotel, Yono's, is very good, much better than most restaurants found at this level of hotel.

1 Thank Scott M
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Scott,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review the hotel! I am glad that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed our breakfast! I am also glad that you were able to enjoy Yono's; we feel so fortunate to have them here and love when our guests have the opportunity to eat there as well.

Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate having you here! Come back and visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
Rochester, NY, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The customer service, especially from the staff at the front desk, is excellent! There are also two excellent restaurants right next door. I always stay here when I am in Albany and highly recommend this hotel!

1 Thank Lou Ann O
Lou Ann,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review the hotel! I am so glad that you had such a great experience here, especially with our customer service- that is always our top goal! I will also pass along your kind words to the staff at dp's and Yono's; isn't the food amazing?

Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate having you here!
Patchogue, United States
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Nice hotel marred by little attention paid to my account on check in. Wrong charge placed on credit card and charges that should have not appeared on my invoice at check out were charged. Had to contact my credit card company to reverse charges as while the charge to account was immediate, the credit takes 3-5 business days.

1 Thank Richard F
Amy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Hello Richard,

Thank you for your recent stay at our hotel. I want to take this time to apologize on behalf of my staff for the inconvenience you experienced with your billing issues. We strive to make your stay extraordinary from the moment you check in to when you check out and it is clear that we had failed to deliver this to you. We did receive a purchase order at the time of check in, but this form of payment is required to be received at a minimum of two weeks prior to arrival to ensure proper processing. Our front desk should have been more diligent in getting this to our accounting department to be expedited prior to the end of your stay. I will be sure to make sure my staff is aware of the proper procedures in dealing with purchase orders and tax exemption. Please feel free to contact me personally with any further feedback or the need for any reservations. Thank you again.
Baltimore, United States
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Very nice rooms, comfortable and clean. Feels more like an expensive hotel than I expected, especially with the great service, very professional and friendly. Free breakfast was good but nothing fancy. There are no parking options, you have to pay for parking. Overall very nice experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Phuong,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review the hotel! I am glad that your stay exceeded your expectations and that you found the rooms to be comfortable and clean. We are currently in the midst of revamping our breakfast and hopefully by your next visit you'll find the breakfast even better than before!

Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate having you here!
Brooklyn
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I was on a business trip so I stayed during the week and was put on an all exclusive ladies floor. It was pleasant and offered a lot of perks to be on that floor. Treats, top quality toiletry's and very quiet.

Joann,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! I am so glad that you were able to enjoy the women's floor and all the amenities offered on it.

Thank you again for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown, and be sure to come back and visit us again soon!
Patchogue, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

With the exception of breakfast I was quite pleased with my stay at your hotel. I had the opportunity to stay on the 3rd floor with all of the extra perks and was quite pleased with them. Excellent idea for female travellers.

Joanne,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us! We very much appreciate your comments and feedback and look forward to servicing you again in the future. I am thrilled you had the opportunity to stay on the Empire Floor and enjoy all the perks of it. You mentioned that breakfast wasn't up to your standards, please message me or email me (meaghan.white2@hilton.com) and let me know what was the issue so we can better serve you and other guests in the future! We take our comments seriously and greatly value whatever advice you may offer!

Thanks again, Joanne, for choosing the Hampton, we greatly appreciate you and your business!
Williamsville, NY, United States
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I was very happily surprised to find such wonderful attention and services at this hotel. Staff is very friendly and really go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Jose,
Thank you so much for your response and for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! I am so glad that you had such a positive experience and that you enjoyed the staff & that everyone exceeded your expectations- providing excellent customer service is always a top priority! I will most definitely pass along your kind words to our staff!
Please come visit us again soon!