Disclaimer: I am a clean freak, so my expectations might be higher than most.
When in town for business at the Capitol, I stayed two nights. The first night, my bed cover was a lumpy mess (lumpy duvet insert). The air conditioner vents needed cleaning and though I did clean them myself, I still woke up with an allergic headache. The bed was very comfy! My second night stay was impromptu, so I had a different room which was cleaner. Visited a friend staying in a suite and it was roomy and well-appointed. The Inn doesn't have a shuttle, but a taxi van from Marty's Transportation was on site much of the time. The cost was $8.00 to go 5 or 6 blocks up the hill. You can leave your car in the lot for the day, even after you check out. ($12.50/day) I made the mistake of taking a yellow cab back to the hotel and it was a disgusting mess--that driver makes a point of picking up stray cats daily. (enough said), so try to use Marty's if possible. The breakfast was standard-- fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee, 'egg omelets', sausage/bacon, bagels, etc. The desk staff was very friendly, as was the parking lot valet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The upscale downtown Albany hotel features 121 lavishly-appointed guest rooms, 35 suites with microwaves and refrigerators, eight whirlpool suites and one executive 2-room suite. The new hotel boasts wired and wireless Internet access, complimentary On the House® hot breakfast, on-site exercise facility with sauna and steam room, plenty of meeting space (we specialize in law firm deposition meetings), fresh hot coffee and tea in the lobby 24/7 and, of course, Hilton HHonors® points and miles for your stay. Eleven accessible rooms are available. All rooms and suites are smoke free and feature the Clean and Fresh Hampton Bed™. Welcome to Albany’s brightest new star!Yono’s Restaurant, and dp, an American Brasserie, share space near the entrance of the Hampton Inn & Suites! Just a step through the doorway for hotel guests, this upscale fine-dining restaurant features creative continental and Indonesian cuisine for a memorable dining experience.The Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown is centrally and conveniently located to many downtown attractions, government buildings and points of interest. Business travelers will enjoy easy access to the area’s many businesses and corporations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn And Suites Albany - Downtown
- Hampton Inn Hotel Albany
- Hampton Inn Albany
- Albany Hampton Inn