“Albany Hampton Inn”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lowell, Massachusetts, United States
“Albany Hampton Inn”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed at the hotel to attend a concert in the city. We took advantage of an upgrade promotion and stayed in a suite. Largest room we ever stayed in. The hotel was a ten minute walk from the concert making it very convenient. There were several restaurants and bars in the area. The hotel is located downtown but was very quiet. We would recommend staying there.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Charles,
Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel! I am glad that you were able to enjoy a concert in the city and found our hotel to be a perfect location for you! I am thrilled that you had a great visit and everything was up to your standards!
Thank you again for choosing our hotel; please come back and visit us again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Hebrew first
Walnutport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 July 2014

...do not be outside when the bars let out. We were on the 10th floor and were awakened by loud noise and sounds of small explosions 7/5/14. It ended up there were large crowds in the parking lot at Pearl St. As we watched police, at least 10 on foot were in the parking lot breaking up the crowds. A car came down Sheridan and an M-80 was thrown out on the sidewalk and exploded. A cruiser car came into the lot then stopped in front of hotel and were handcuffing a gentleman.
This does not take away from the quality of the hotel itself. Very friendly staff at valet and check-in. Pillows are too soft. Bed is comfortable. Breakfast is decent. Elevator was loud so make sure you ask that you are not near the elevator.

Room Tip: Elevator was loud so make sure you ask that you are not near the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sully423617
Sully423617,

Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review us! I am sorry to hear that your stay was so noisy and there was so much activity on the streets outside! Unfortuantely, being in a city (nonetheless the Capitol), we cannot control that as much as we'd like to! But I am glad that your experience IN the hotel was great!

Please come back and visit us again, hopefully it'll be MUCH quieter next time! Thank you for choosing the Hampton Downtown Albany, we truly appreciate it!
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Let's be honest, it's a Hampton inn, not the ritz. Expectations were tempered as such. The reception is hit or miss, best on sunday. The rooms are pretty much what you pay for, nothing more nothing less. This may lead to wonder why, why give this hotel such a good rating? The reason is plain and simple, the valet is great. They are very personable, give great insight as to where to go in the city, they will accommodate you and make sure that even if they aren't there personally, you will still be taken care of. These guys are genuine, and not just fishing for tips, they care about there jobs and I've been to this hotel for years and was always treated respectfully. One in particular, I believe his name was Omar, always stopped me when I forgot my phone in the car a number of times and made sure I had it before going up to my room. He did not linger after waiting for anything, he just did it because he cares. I travel frequently for work, and it is experiences like that, with people like that, which makes me return. It's the silver lining of this mediocre hotel.

• Stayed June 2014
Marc,

Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that you continue to come back to us and have been such a loyal customer! I am thrilled to hear about your fantastic valet experience(s). How wonderful! We also agree that they are fabulous, friendly, and genuinely good people. I am particularly impressed to hear about how wonderful Omar has been to you- I will be sure to pass along your kind words to him and his manager.

Thank you so much, see you soon!
Albany, New York
Reviewed 3 July 2014

My wife and I will on occasion play tourist in our hometown and when we do we stay at the Hampton Inn. it has a good location, I usually find parking on the street and the rooms are good size and fairly updated.

There is now another Hilton up on State Street. The property itself has changed hands a number of times over the years, but for my money you are better off at this Hampton Inn.

It was also pretty busy for a Saturday in downtown Albany.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
TPXB,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you make the trip back to Albany and choose us as your home away from home! I am glad that everything is up to your liking and you choose us time and time again.

Thank you again for staying with us, we truly appreciate having you here!
Upstate NY
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Disclaimer: I am a clean freak, so my expectations might be higher than most.
When in town for business at the Capitol, I stayed two nights. The first night, my bed cover was a lumpy mess (lumpy duvet insert). The air conditioner vents needed cleaning and though I did clean them myself, I still woke up with an allergic headache. The bed was very comfy! My second night stay was impromptu, so I had a different room which was cleaner. Visited a friend staying in a suite and it was roomy and well-appointed. The Inn doesn't have a shuttle, but a taxi van from Marty's Transportation was on site much of the time. The cost was $8.00 to go 5 or 6 blocks up the hill. You can leave your car in the lot for the day, even after you check out. ($12.50/day) I made the mistake of taking a yellow cab back to the hotel and it was a disgusting mess--that driver makes a point of picking up stray cats daily. (enough said), so try to use Marty's if possible. The breakfast was standard-- fruit, juice, yogurt, coffee, 'egg omelets', sausage/bacon, bagels, etc. The desk staff was very friendly, as was the parking lot valet.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Amy C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Livetotell,
Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay with us here in Downtown Albany. We take all of our reviews and feedback from our guests and utilize each one to make every future stay the best stay for all of our guests. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our comfortable beds, and the service that Marty’s Taxi provided. I will be sure to discuss with our executive housekeeper and their department about the high importance of guest room vents and making sure all duvets are properly inserted to ensure all of our guests have the perfect room to start a memorable stay with us. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your feedback about your most recent stay. We would love to have you as our guest for any future returns to the area to better your experience. Thank you and safe travels!

Amy Bridges
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Was a guest at this Inn a few days ago.

No staff at front door to greet us and found parking at entrance a little confusing..ended up leaving car in a very small driveway and proceeded inside to front desk..

Front desk staff explained parking was located at back of hotel in a secured area which ended up being quite good as attendant takes the car and parks it for you. There is a convenient back door to inn from the lot .

Pleasant bar area and bistro type restaurant on premises...both quite nice and lively.

Room was a little small but clean and well equipped with everything needed for a quick stay...had a king bed which was comfortable enough but is starting to show some wear..linens are white but beginning to look a little grey, possibly due to overwashing.. okay bathroom...room had a disinfectant odour when first arrived but this soon disappeared.

Window view was terrible..looked over heating and cooling units ..a bit disappointing as this was our first visit to Albany and would have preferred something a bit prettier to look at.

Breakfast included in price ..served in main lobby....food looked okay but after having our morning coffee, decided to walk to a neighbourhood restaurant to have our meal.. the inn breakfast is not really the type of environment we enjoy for our morning meal.

Must give a good mention for our bellhop "Wallace"...pleasant guy who was quite helpful in answering our questions and just an overall pleasant attitude.

One elevator(there are two) not working during our stay but not a big inconvenience.

Will not stay here again but would still recommend for a short visit.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Wendy F,
Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to provide your feedback about our property here in Downtown Albany. We appreciate all guest feedback and use it as a training opportunity to better our hotel for all of our current and future guests. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our clean guest rooms that had all the necessary amenities and also our comfortable beds. I will be sure to bring to the attention of our executive housekeeper the possible wear of the linens. DP’s and Yonos is an excellent place to dine while staying at our property, I am glad you enjoyed your dining experience. Our parking is located in the back of the hotel which is great and convenient for our guests. We have signs directing our guests to the back side of our hotel to help assist with any confusion. I am pleased to hear you had a chance to encounter Wallace. He is a great asset to our team and he is always willing to help our guests with any questions or needs. I will be sure to share your kind words with him. I would love to invite you back to our property to better your overall experience with a fantastic view of Albany and for you to also try our delicious breakfast in the morning. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for sharing your most recent stay with us. We would love to have you as a guest for any future stays. Thank you and safe travels!

Amy Bridges
Owings, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This hotel is very nice and quiet. I love the furnishing in the lobby and rooms. The staff was very helpful and very nice. My room was very spacious and clean. I will definitely return to this hotel. I loved the fact that it had valet parking and your vehicle was in a private lot that was secured. The complimentary breakfast was good and the are was very clean.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Charlene,

Thank you so much for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown and taking the time to review our hotel. I am so glad you had a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed everything at our hotel. I am especially thrilled that you found everything to be clean and that you found our staff to be friendly & helpful. We take great pride in the level of staff and the quality of work everyone does and I'm so glad you were able to experience the same!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and please come back and see us again soon. Have a wonderful & safe 4th of July weekend!