“Excellent hotel”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Albany
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We were very pleased and happy that we stayed at this hotel. The front desk staff was extremely friendly and the hotel itself looked very nice. My son used the fitness center and was extremely pleased. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Zena_AGM, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Rama T,

Thank you for sharing your kind words about our property and for also being a guest of ours. I am excited to see you had a wonderful stay with us including our welcoming team members and our great fitness facility. We hope you and your family visit us again next time you are in the area. Again, thank you for being our guest and for sharing this kind review. Safe Travels!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hampton suites has always had the most affordable rates. They are very hospitable to their customers. You feel so comfortable there. They always serve a nutritious complimentary breakfast. There is always coffee and tea available in the lobby. Their parking is a nominal fee. They upgrade you upon request if there is availability. I highly recommend a stay at the Hampton Suites.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Deborah T,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share you most recent stay with us! I am pleased to see you enjoyed our hospitality, delicious breakfast, and our upgrades that we enjoy rewarding to our guests as a way of showing our appreciation. Thank you for sharing your kind words about our hotel here in downtown Albany and for being our guest. We hope to see you when you are in the area next. Safe travels!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Hotel was very clean and rooms were spacious. Be aware of mandatory Valet Parking at $12.50 added charge. Pleasant staff. Complimentary breakfast was an added bonus. We travelled to Albany for business and would definitely stay at this hotel again. We appreciate clean rooms in our business as we travel a lot.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear 649judyr,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to share your kind words about our property here in Downtown Albany. I am excited to see you enjoyed your overall stay with us including our delicious complimentary breakfast, hospitable team members, and our clean and spacious guest rooms. Again, thank you for being a guest of ours and for sharing your kind feedback with us. We hope to see you next time you are in Albany! Safe Travels!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I generally like Hilton brand hotels. I decided to try this one because it was closest to my customer's business. I'll drive the extra five minutes and stay at the Garden Inn next time. Room smells like mildew, breakfast is awful, parking is a real hassle.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business

Dear Kirk H,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay. We appreciate any feedback received from our guests so we can utilize and improve our services. We would like you to give us a second chance and I will personally be reaching out to you this evening. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

First I want to say that this hotel is very clean and the staff are very friendly. However, the first thing I was upset about was that there is a charge for parking unless you want to park on the street. The hotel doesn't have its own lot so you need to pay for parking. This was not stated on the sight. I parked on the street because it was the weekend and the meters were not on. Luckily I was able to park right in front of the hotel but only because I waited for a spot to open up. The hotel is not in an area where it is safe for women to walk alone at night so I needed to wait for a spot.

On the night I was staying at this hotel I was woken up at 2 a.m. by a bachelor's party going on. Loud in the halls and could hear it in the room. Other guests were also woken up. Then a little while later two separate groups of people came through the hall from a wedding. I said something to the last group, politely asking them to keep it down and of course got attitude and even one woman came to my door. I called the front desk twice. Not sure if they actually did something or not.

Then I noticed how much I could hear from the street. As people played music in their cars and talked on the street I could hear it . Several bars in the area so lots of drunk people making lots of noise on the street. This is terrible for a light sleeper.

So while some of this is not entirely the hotel's fault, I will still never stay at this location again. Much too loud. It remains to be seen how this will be handled at check out as I am writing this as I lie awake listening to the people in the hall and on the street.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank jmb89123

Dear Jmb89123,

Thank you for being a guest of ours and for also taking the time to provide your feedback about your most recent stay. We greatly appreciate all feedback from our guests so we can improve on any opportunities to better our guests stays. Our team strives to deliver a high level of service and a peaceful nights sleep. I apologize for the level of noise you experienced during your stay and would like you to give us a second chance. Again, i would like to thank you for being a guest of ours and for also sharing your feedback.

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn on 8/14. We were attending the Jackson Browne concert at the Palace Theater that night. On arrival I noticed a tour bus parked out front and minutes after pulling into the driveway Jackson Browne walked out of the hotel! We walked over and told him we had just drove up from LI to see his show. He was very grateful to us for making the trip. We hadn't even entered the hotel yet and we knew it was going to be a good stay! A staff member outside the hotel named Wallace told us where to park and later on sent us to a place to grab a bite to eat before the show. He was very nice and real helpful. The young girl at the front desk was very pleasant when we checked in and, also checked us out the next morning. I wish I could remember her name!! :(
The hotel was the nicest looking Hampton Inn I had ever been to. The room on the 9th floor was spacious and clean. The self closing doors do slam and did make noise at night when guests left their rooms.
The breakfast staff was very pleasant but, like other reviews have stated the food was just ok. All in all we had a really nice stay at the Hampton Inn. If you are coming to Albany for a show at the Palace Theater I would highly recommend staying there. The staff was really nice and you can walk to the Palace in 4 minutes! If it's good enough for Jackson Browne it's good enough for us! :)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Meaghan W, Sales Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albany - Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Speedrack101,

Thank you so much for your review and for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! I am so glad you had such a wonderful stay and got to meet Jackson Browne! One of the best features of our hotel is our location and how easily accessible it is to all the major downtown sights- you never know who you may run into on the streets! I am glad that the staff was friendly and helpful, I’ll be sure to pass along your kind words to Wallace and the management team. We are so very proud of our boutique Hampton and glad you recognized its originality and beauty; we work hard to maintain it and have it looking fresh and sleek for every guest! We are constantly working to revamp and update our breakfast, so hopefully during your next visit to Albany we will WOW you with our breakfast selection.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while visiting Downtown Albany. Please come back and visit us again soon, we truly appreciate having you here!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Breakfast is included, and there are quite a few restaurants in walking distance. Street parking is free after 6 PM and weekends, if you want to skip the valet parking at $13+. Hotel staff were all very pleasant for our Friday overnight stay. A unique feature— at least I've never encountered it before—the 3rd floor is women-only on week nights. To take the elevator to 3, you must insert your 3rd floor room key in the elevator. A very considerate feature for women traveling to Albany on business. In addition, the hotel donates a portion of the room fee to breast cancer research. The breakfast buffet was simple, but provided plenty of healthy choices. My husband and I enjoyed our Friday night stay on the 3rd floor, which is available for men only on weekends.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Regina H,
Thank you so much for your review and for choosing to stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites Albany Downtown! I am so glad you had such a wonderful stay and that you found our staff to be pleasant, upbeat, and friendly! We are so very proud of our Empire Floor, the only all-women’s floor in Albany. We find that our women travelers greatly appreciate the extra security and comforts from our women’s floor. And besides, it goes to such a great cause! I am genuinely pleased that you and your husband enjoyed it and exceeded your expectations.
Thank you again for choosing to stay with us while visiting Downtown Albany and taking the time to write in. Please come back and visit us again soon!