“Not even acceptable for a one night stay”

Ramada Plaza Albany
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Albany
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Not even acceptable for a one night stay”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We were only staying one night so we didn't expect luxury, just comfort. The desk personnel were polite but the front floor hallway was filthy. The accommodations: the security latch on the door was broken off, the toilet seat was apparently for a child, it was so low, the water was bearly warm, low water pressure in the shower, poor drainage in the tub so you stood in dirty water. The price was decent but I will pay more at another hotel before I stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank gracie p

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Colorado
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's been awhile...September 2013, but the memory sticks. My husband, puppy, and I arrived late in the day. We had a long day of driving and were exhausted. We entered a dark lobby with a slight musty odor. The staff were welcoming and efficient, but I was not prepared for the lack of updated amenities, one functioning elevator for a house full of guests, and just an uninviting room space. The room appeared clean, but here too was a musty odor. Bathroom, clean by appearance but hungry for an update. Breakfast in the morning was fair. The breakfast attendant was enthusiastic to help and provide.
The best part of our stay, including much needed rest, was a kind and positive minded staff. They wanted us to know there were plans to upgrade and repair the hotel in the near future. Immediate repairs were taking place with the other elevators...for safety and convenience.
Good location in regards to downtown and the airport. A restaurant and bar in house, and several restaurants/shopping in the immediate area.
Be diligent and call the hotel directly to discuss those issuers important to you. The price was decent, but we need more for our money.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly. It's May 2014.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arlene M
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Not so close to the airport that you hear many planes, but an easy (free)shuttle ride away. Free parking while you're gone! Great value with good location. If only they had free wireless internet it would have been pretty perfect.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

California
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I called the hotel and politely I let them know that I read some bad reviews on line about the cleanliness of the hotel. The person I spoke with assured me I would have a clean room. Upon arriving, the hotel staff was friendly and efficient. Upon entering the room, everything looked ok. But when we pulled back the comforter, on both beds, they were full of hair. Also there was dried blood on the comforter. The maid came up and changed both beds. I also found a bug flying around by the curtains, and I killed it. The hotel needs to be renovated and spruced up. The free breakfast was awful. Couldn't eat it. Ramada should be ashamed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Bronx, New York
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I stayed at the ramada Sunday night! Check in was easy as I was greeted by the friendly front desk staff, once I got to my room it was easy to tell that it had just been cleaned due to the fresh smell of an air refresher(Febreze maybe) and I settled in nicely!
Soft comfortable bed but a very small bathroom. None the less the room was very clean!
I wanted to try local restaurants
And was pleasantly informed by the housekeeping manager(quay) of the restaurants and there locations,
He also ask if I needed any extra towels and if there was any thing I needed to give him a call! Over all wonderful stay and
Friendly staff!!!

• Stayed April 2014
Travellers also viewed these Albany hotels
Best Western Sovereign Hotel - Albany
Holiday Inn Express Albany-Downtown
Quality Inn Central
Quality Inn Central
#29 of 50 in Albany

Been to Ramada Plaza Albany? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Ramada Plaza Albany

Property: Ramada Plaza Albany
Address: 3 Watervliet Avenue Ext, Albany, NY 12206-1629
Region: United States > New York > Albany
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #36 of 50 Hotels in Albany
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Ramada Plaza Albany 3*
This Albany hotel offers that rare combination of great rates and friendly personalized service. With all new carpeting in the rooms,(Jan,2014) select comfort pillow top beds from Simmons and 32" flat screen TVs, we are confident you will not only be comfortable but have a great night's sleep. Centrally located in Albany just 10 minutes to downtown and the airport. The perfect location for unforgettable weekend escapes and elegant meetings and events. We pride ourselves in customer service with a well rounded knowledgeable staff that has consistently met all our guests needs. We offer a Complimentary upscale hot breakfast with fresh baked goods that guests rave about. Our restaurant offers American cuisine including New York center cut steak to our Certified Angus beef half pound burgers. All reasonably priced to fit anyone's budget. We guarantee the best experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ramada Plaza Albany reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Ramada Plaza Albany Hotel Albany